Games with Gold

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Not quite sure yet. This month, they did 2 games for the full month. However, the key thing is that it's PSN-like, in that it's a rental during your sub, not a chance to keep the game.

DatManWolf

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I didn't realize that. So gotta keep gold or the game becomes inaccessible? Better go grab a card as I am about to lapse.

Yea, they did do two, but it seemed a little lack luster compared to 360. I know One doesn't have the depth in games to be tossing out free titles, but I looked at those two options and wasn't overjoyed...I guess I was hoping too hard lol.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
It seems lackluster because the One is a new console. They're not going to give away fairly-new retail titles on the One. The stuff the 360 gets is usually several years old, even if it is (was) popular or a big-time release. I imagine about 6-12 months into GWG (between late-2014 and mid-2015), we might see some launch titles coming to GWG. As NBA K215 winds down towards the next iteration of it, NBA 2K14 might go free like it was on PSN+. If Forza Motorsport 6 launches in late-2015, FM5 might go free. Until sequels launch, I doubt we see retail titles coming with the One's version of GwG.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I have to agree with the comment about indie games, I held off getting any as I feel the majority there now are gonna be featured in Games With Gold within 13 months. Got my fingers crossed for Peggle coming soon. Given that they have tweaked the promotion, I imagine the games that come will be closer to the quality that PSN have thrown out. Loving Max at the moment, great little game.

As for the prices for digital, I still have hope Tha some of the bricks and mortar stores will consider producing an app Tha allows us to buy digital from them, and then allows us to trade it in against further digital purchases. I really think they are missing a trick with that. Microsoft keeps everyone sweet, and the retailers profit too.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Stores would need Microsoft to implement a way to either let the stores take codes off of accounts or open up their planed game sharing on a massive scale for corporations only. Neither seems like something Microsoft would do, as it would gut their own digital sales.

Idan Cohen

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I think that who wrote that, peachy, is wrong.
with the xbox one we got both games (max+spartan) on the same day, we do not need to wait like the 360 for a game that goes from 1-15th , and then 16-end of month,
as far as i know, we only get one.
i dont mind though, guacamelee is a really good game plus its hilarious :)
if there would be another title- then it would be awesome. but im unsure of whats to happen. we'll see.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
When I downloaded Guacamele this morning I noticed that Halo: Spartan Assault was still free... so - for the time being there are 3 games available. I'm not sure if they are continuously free with Gold or if they'll go back to 'paid status' after a certain time... but at the moment there are 3 free games with gold right now.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
When I downloaded Guacamele this morning I noticed that Halo: Spartan Assault was still free... so - for the time being there are 3 games available. I'm not sure if they are continuously free with Gold or if they'll go back to 'paid status' after a certain time... but at the moment there are 3 free games with gold right now.

I've read that XBone Games With Gold is like the PS3/4 was/is where you "own" them as long as you have your Gold account. If you cancel it, you lose access to those games. If that is the case, then it makes sense that those things stay free forever, no?

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I've read that XBone Games With Gold is like the PS3/4 was/is where you "own" them as long as you have your Gold account. If you cancel it, you lose access to those games. If that is the case, then it makes sense that those things stay free forever, no?

Not necessarily.. I don't think it works like that on PS either. There's limited time for you to redeem those games, even if you lose access when if you don't have the paid service. You do get the access back when you get Gold/PS+ again, though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon