07-02-2014 03:32 PM
35 12
tools
    Hey
    does anyone know when will those game be available ? and how ? do i find them in the store ?
    06-01-2014 10:45 AM
    The first XBOX 360 game is available now - Dark Souls.

Not sure when the XBOX One games will be available...
    06-01-2014 12:41 PM
    aw
    i was hoping for same time launch. im hoping it wont be by the 30th ... ><"
    06-01-2014 12:46 PM
    My guess (which is just a complete stab in the dark) would be by June 9th when their e3 press conference occurs.
    06-01-2014 12:58 PM
    It'll require the June console update too, so we'll see when that gets pushed out.
    06-01-2014 02:09 PM
    Yeah, GWG on Xbox One requires the June system update that isnt ready yet.
    06-01-2014 03:26 PM
    Max Curse of the Brotherhood is available now for Free Games with Gold!
    06-03-2014 05:26 PM
    Max Curse of the Brotherhood is available now for Free Games with Gold!
    As is Halo: Spartan Assault :P
    06-04-2014 07:24 AM
    Forza 5 is on sale in the Xbox store now...$40 down for the norm of $60.
    NBA2K14 on sale for $40

Crimson dragon is still $10
    06-06-2014 12:54 PM
    2K14 is currently $29 on Amazon

Forza is out there for $20.25, though from a third-party seller.

Honestly, Microsoft's digital sales are usually terrible, and this week is no different. They continue to sell their digital title AT BEST for the same price as the physical options, and it sucks.
    06-06-2014 01:26 PM
    I prefer the digital to physical option, and im willing to pay more for it. Convenience is a factor here, for me at least.
    06-06-2014 01:55 PM
    Well i tried to make a new thread for this, but apparently the field for Subject is missing... I tried multiple browsers...

You can get $30 of Microsoft Credit for $20 at Best Buy right now. Hurry sale ends tomorrow.

Microsoft $25 Xbox Gift Card XBOX LIVE CURRENCY - $25 - Best Buy

$20 for a $25 card + a $5 digital code will get e-mailed to you. Free in-store pickup or Free shipping.
    06-06-2014 02:39 PM
    I like the convenience of digital, but it's NOT a convenience that should be paid for. The real convenience is for the publisher, who doesn't have to pay for discs, packaging, storage, shipping, or processing employees. It's ridiculous to think a digital game would be more than $50, let alone more than the physical option, which comes with the ability to make money off of reselling the game later.

The Microsoft gift card's an interesting option, might see about getting one. The thing that would keep me from it is the aforementioned crap sales Microsoft offers. IDK what I'd buy with $30 in Microsoft money when they never have anything at a worthwhile price.
    06-06-2014 02:44 PM
    See that's were we differ in opinion. Convenience is something you pay for regularly, and is something that is worth money to me. And if you live in the sticks like me, not driving to town saves me anywhere between $5-10 in gas. I will do the same thing renting a movie. I'll rent a movie from MGo for $3 rather then drive to a redbox to rent it for $1. So far (and usually) all the digital games i've purchased have been on day 1 at full price. I only buy games digitally I know i dont want to return/resell/give away. If I know im goign to play it and resell/trade it in then i buy it on disc.

You have to bet there will be some arcade games that you will want at some point. Or a season pass, or DLC. I may buy another $20 worth tomorrow :P $40 for $60 thats $20 off a game that you can buy on day 1. Lets not forget that it can be used on Windows Phone and Windows 8 and Xbox 360. :P
    06-06-2014 03:12 PM
    Well, I'm definitely done buying games on the 360, and I've lost almost all interest in playing games on my 920. I never took to the Metro games on Windows 8 either, so it's almost purely going to be Xbox One spending for me.

But like I said, convenience is greater for the distributor than the customer here. The $5-10 saved in gas pales in comparison to the money saved by not needing all of those physical resources for retail games. Steam's a perfect example of where sales show the benefit of digital distribution. Microsoft likely would save millions annually if it went all-digital, where as consumers would likely save less on transportation than the publishers would in physical distribution costs, which is why I call it garbage that we should pay MORE for a less-costly method of delivery.
    06-06-2014 09:01 PM
    One of the reasons Steam is able to have those incredible sales is because they really aren't competing against anyone that could have an adverse affect on their own sales.

Microsoft starts undercutting brick and mortar stores - those stores *may* just stop selling their games. Which would be a HUGE cut into MS' profits. And would not make up the difference that digital sales would bring in.

Much of what Steam sells isn't available in physical stores - and most PC gamers don't buy their games from physical stores anyways. So selling games for cheap really hasn't affected them. When you've pretty much 'cornered' the market on PC game sales - it doesn't matter what anyone else does in response to you. The pros definitely outweigh the cons with Steam. With Microsoft it doesn't.

I want there to be cheaper games on XBOX Live too, but I'm also a realist. It isn't like Sony is putting out major sales here either - they're under the same constraints too. Granted I still feel that if MS was able to go forth into their original vision we might be seeing some better digital sales...

I feel XBOX Live's store and the PSN Store are going through the same 'growing pains' in digital sales that Steam started out with (when it was considered an incredibly difficult, big riddled, DRM hassle, with not much of an advantage (you could still buy most PC games in physical stores - sometimes for cheaper) by almost ALL PC gamers when it debuted... now look at it...

Until console gamers as a whole see the benefit of download only sales - we won't get those big sales from our respective store fronts...
    06-07-2014 09:09 AM
    I understand and agree to an extent, but that really doesn't excuse the rarity of Microsoft's sales, nor does it excuse the low discounts. While stores COULD pull games from the shelves, I don't think that would happen unless the One's sales went 75% digital or something. They make a meaningful amount of money on the quantity of sales, I imagine. I wouldn't consider myself a typical consumer, but I would say that pulling games from the store would be more-likely to convince me to boycott the store for all purchases, not Microsoft.

If they just consistently had games at prices competitive with the physical competition, I would be OK with it. However, they're usually $10-15 more than the physical stuff, which is crazy. I mean, why would I go spend $60 on the digital download of NBA 2K14 when I could go to Best Buy, price match to Amazon's $40, then not have to wait for the hours of downloading to play it? I could also go the route of third-party seller on Amazon, get the game for $29, then wait 5-7 days for delivery, because half the price is worth the wait, IMO.
    06-07-2014 09:50 AM
    Tomb raider on for $30 digital and strider on for $7.50 this week.
    06-16-2014 10:16 PM
    Just saying, I don't recommend touching any of these early indie games with a 10-foot pole. Those are the Games with Gold fodder for the first 6 months, I imagine. Paying for them at this point is just a waste, IMO.

Also, crap sales again. I guess Tomb Raider isn't the worst at $30, but I feel like I could get a better deal elsewhere inside of a month.
    06-16-2014 11:47 PM
    So are they gonna run it the same way they did on 360? Meaning, Dropping on the 15th and end of each month with free games?
    06-17-2014 03:50 PM
    Not quite sure yet. This month, they did 2 games for the full month. However, the key thing is that it's PSN-like, in that it's a rental during your sub, not a chance to keep the game.
    DatManWolf likes this.
    06-17-2014 04:13 PM
    I didn't realize that. So gotta keep gold or the game becomes inaccessible? Better go grab a card as I am about to lapse.

Yea, they did do two, but it seemed a little lack luster compared to 360. I know One doesn't have the depth in games to be tossing out free titles, but I looked at those two options and wasn't overjoyed...I guess I was hoping too hard lol.
    06-17-2014 04:26 PM
    It seems lackluster because the One is a new console. They're not going to give away fairly-new retail titles on the One. The stuff the 360 gets is usually several years old, even if it is (was) popular or a big-time release. I imagine about 6-12 months into GWG (between late-2014 and mid-2015), we might see some launch titles coming to GWG. As NBA K215 winds down towards the next iteration of it, NBA 2K14 might go free like it was on PSN+. If Forza Motorsport 6 launches in late-2015, FM5 might go free. Until sequels launch, I doubt we see retail titles coming with the One's version of GwG.
    06-17-2014 04:44 PM
    I have to agree with the comment about indie games, I held off getting any as I feel the majority there now are gonna be featured in Games With Gold within 13 months. Got my fingers crossed for Peggle coming soon. Given that they have tweaked the promotion, I imagine the games that come will be closer to the quality that PSN have thrown out. Loving Max at the moment, great little game.

As for the prices for digital, I still have hope Tha some of the bricks and mortar stores will consider producing an app Tha allows us to buy digital from them, and then allows us to trade it in against further digital purchases. I really think they are missing a trick with that. Microsoft keeps everyone sweet, and the retailers profit too.
    06-17-2014 05:38 PM
    Stores would need Microsoft to implement a way to either let the stores take codes off of accounts or open up their planed game sharing on a massive scale for corporations only. Neither seems like something Microsoft would do, as it would gut their own digital sales.
    06-17-2014 07:41 PM
35 12