Name vs Gamertag

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Our Xbox One sometimes addresses people when they are picked up by the Kinect as their gamer tags and others by their real name. We have checked and we ask have our real names listed under our Xbox/Microsoft profile. Anyone know how to make it address everyone by their real name?

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Its up to the users if you can see their real name.

I can choose to share my real name with you, but you cant choose to change my GT to a real name.

The xbox itself will always refer to you as your real name, because its your best friend.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Its up to the users if you can see their real name.

I can choose to share my real name with you, but you cant choose to change my GT to a real name.

The xbox itself will always refer to you as your real name, because its your best friend.

So how do we tell it, it is ok to use other family members names?

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
The names that it uses is the one attached to the Microsoft account. if you change it (or attempt to change it) it'll tell you that this 'new name' will be reflected across your accounts.

I wanted my name to just be 'pm' (since that's what the church calls me) but I didn't want that to be reflected across all my accounts.

Of course, I'd love my gamertag to be pm, but someone who has never used XBOX Live is sitting on it :(.

EDIT: Also - your gamertag still shows up - it just shows your real name off to the side. so my name looks like...

techpastorm
Matthew Titus

On my profile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett