09-24-2015 10:40 PM
185 ... 45678
tools
    You can pick specific Halos for multiplayer. Granted its all in custom game, but I'm sure they'll add more gametypes...
    11-16-2014 08:32 PM
    They'll add more lobbies in once they get the matchmaking stuff worked out - they already said they would.
    That's what they said after they took out half of the playlists to get it stable (which it didn't). Was there some mention before they took the other games offline that additions would come? I'm speaking about the dearth of options relative to the original group of playlists.
    11-16-2014 10:00 PM
    Now that I've had a little more time to play, my opinion hasn't changed much.

I guess I should have read more about TMCC. When I heard them say "every map from every game", I assumed that you'd be able to pick each Halo for multiplayer. Halo 2 and 3 just feel "old" to me. No sprinting, no special abilities, minimal armor customizations, even the assassinations are just hitting the guy.

I'm enjoying the campaign immensely, but I suspect before long, I'll be back to Titanfall for my mulitplayer fix because TMCC is just so utterly disappointing.
    --Disappointed by Halo, going to Titanfall...I guess we all have our opinions, but that's an unusual one.
    --Halo 2 is 10 years old, Halo 3 is 7 years old, and you're saying they feel old...that's what they are.

I guess it's about when you grew up and the style you're used to. I like the Halo 2 setup because it's based on strategy and aiming ability over who is on the biggest sugar high and can get the auto-aim to lock on to an enemy while you spray wildly. Titanfall's core feels too similar to Call of Duty, with the auto-aim luck and overdone extras for my liking. Of course, I say that after a few rounds of Call of Duty, because Halo's servers still aren't working.
    11-16-2014 10:04 PM
    ----Halo 2 is 10 years old, Halo 3 is 7 years old, and you're saying they feel old...that's what they are.
    Damn, Keith. You just made me feel old lol :S
    11-17-2014 12:41 AM
    --Disappointed by Halo, going to Titanfall...I guess we all have our opinions, but that's an unusual one.
    --Halo 2 is 10 years old, Halo 3 is 7 years old, and you're saying they feel old...that's what they are.

I guess it's about when you grew up and the style you're used to. I like the Halo 2 setup because it's based on strategy and aiming ability over who is on the biggest sugar high and can get the auto-aim to lock on to an enemy while you spray wildly. Titanfall's core feels too similar to Call of Duty, with the auto-aim luck and overdone extras for my liking. Of course, I say that after a few rounds of Call of Duty, because Halo's servers still aren't working.
    Well, I would have put Titanfall away for Halo 4 multiplayer, but clearly that's not going to happen. Oh well, I'll enjoy my campaigns while I wait for Halo 5. I suspect I'll continue to give TMCC more tries once they get the matchmaking working, but it's certainly time to reset my expectations.
    11-17-2014 07:25 AM
    Hi. I am not sure if this question belongs here or not but can somebody tell me how I can watch Halo Nighfall? I am away from home for a few months and there seems to be only a Russian version available among torrents. Any suggestions?
    11-18-2014 09:58 AM
    Hi. I am not sure if this question belongs here or not but can somebody tell me how I can watch Halo Nighfall? I am away from home for a few months and there seems to be only a Russian version available among torrents. Any suggestions?
    I think you just watch it from the Halo Channel app.
    11-18-2014 06:20 PM
    If this question has been asked and answered already, my bad, I don't have the time to go through the comments to find it. Very busy nowadays!

Anyways, my question is:

I can't seem to find the setting to switch to classic mode from remastered mode. I checked the settings and it wasn't there. What do I do? Thanks.
    11-19-2014 10:52 PM
    Is the update that was postponed the one that's supposed to fix the multiplayer issue? I've play five games sense the game came out and I realize how bad these new shooters have made me at shooting games. I really missed the need to use my noodle and skills to get the kill. I just wish matchmaking didn't take me over 5 minutes to find a game.
    11-19-2014 11:02 PM
    If this question has been asked and answered already, my bad, I don't have the time to go through the comments to find it. Very busy nowadays!

Anyways, my question is:

I can't seem to find the setting to switch to classic mode from remastered mode. I checked the settings and it wasn't there. What do I do? Thanks.
    Do you mean single player or multi player? For single player, you just press the back button.
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    11-19-2014 11:10 PM
    Do you mean single player or multi player? For single player, you just press the back button.
    Either one.

Anyways, what is the back button? The b button? Do I do that in the pause screen?
    11-20-2014 12:05 AM
    Either one.

Anyways, what is the back button? The b button? Do I do that in the pause screen?
    Multiplayer you can't switch, you can only go into a match in either classic or remastered. I suspect because some things like the textures are slightly off and it would be weird.

Idk what its called now, but its the button that use to be back on the 360. The one that wasn't start. It should be above the D-pad, and to the bottom left of the white Xbox logo. You just play a single player campaign and you can press that button while you're playing and it'll switch instantly.
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    11-20-2014 12:15 AM
    Multiplayer you can't switch, you can only go into a match in either classic or remastered. I suspect because some things like the textures are slightly off and it would be weird.

Idk what its called now, but its the button that use to be back on the 360. The one that wasn't start. It should be above the D-pad, and to the bottom left of the white Xbox logo. You just play a single player campaign and you can press that button while you're playing and it'll switch instantly.
    I think I know what you're talking about. I'll try that on Friday when I play. Thanks
    11-20-2014 01:16 AM
    Decided to play a level of the Halo 2 campaign tonight with a friend online. It took us 4 attempts to get the game to load, with 5-minute (or so) delays between attempts, as the game locked up. About halfway into the level, my friend go kicked, thrown into his own iteration of the game, and we called it. What a moronic mess.
    11-20-2014 02:36 AM
    I think you just watch it from the Halo Channel app.
    So you say there is no alternative way (my console is miles away now). I really hope sombody records it soon and uoploads it 😉 Cant wait to watch it.
    11-20-2014 09:27 AM
    Got my Halo MCC this past weekend and for the past 3 days I have been playing CE. I've only owned an Xbox once a few years ago and didn't have it long but I have never played Halo before so I am a complete newb.

For the love of god what is the best way to drive that dam Warthog on Maw. Thing drives like it's high on something.

Any tips on driving this thing? I can get to within 200m (think it's meters can't remember and not near Xbox to check) before going up in a blaze of glory.

Other than the Warthog this game is awesome. Can't believe I never played it, though in defense, I was always stuck on games like NFS and Driver.
    11-20-2014 11:24 AM
    Try to take the middle path if you can, i know it can get tricky, especially if you get sideways and you need speed for the next jump. When you get to the parts where you have to weave the pillars in the middle of the corridor make sure you avoid the side with the "speed bump" Use left trigger to handbrake and there is no need to try to go as fast as you can. Control>Speed. I just finished Halo:CE last night with my wife and this part did give me some trouble i kept rolling my warthog so we would have to climb back in it.

I cant stress it enough, for me on this game the old graphics help so much. The remastered ones make everything so much harder to see.

Unrelated note:

we should try to set up a night were we have a Windows Central custom game night once the networking side of the game is more stable.
    CyclingGuyNola likes this.
    11-20-2014 11:43 AM
    Thanks. I did learn the hard way about the bumps and the jumps. Just wish I could steer the dam thing, lol.

Yea, I'd love to try online but connection is molasses. Looking to rip out all the cable and install new along with a better modem\ router than the cable company's.

Didn't realize just how slow it was till I installed MCC and went to update. Took 2 1\2 days.
    11-20-2014 12:02 PM
    Steering's not bad, it's just a bit free with the traction. Really, what they've done is made the right stick the traditional left stick (steering), and the left stick is the traditional triggers (forward/reverse). It's not a tough thing to deal with when you're used to it, obviously, you just have to remember that you steer with the right stick, not the left. Also, don't be afraid to let off the gas if you get a bit sideways, because trying to floor it while mid-arid and aimed sideways is not a good idea.
    CyclingGuyNola likes this.
    11-20-2014 12:08 PM
    Steering's not bad, it's just a bit free with the traction. Really, what they've done is made the right stick the traditional left stick (steering), and the left stick is the traditional triggers (forward/reverse). It's not a tough thing to deal with when you're used to it, obviously, you just have to remember that you steer with the right stick, not the left. Also, don't be afraid to let off the gas if you get a bit sideways, because trying to floor it while mid-arid and aimed sideways is not a good idea.
    Yea. Definitely takes getting used to. The one that keeps messing me up is reverse and turn and steering is opposite. Gets me every time.
    11-20-2014 12:16 PM
    So far, the update hasn't made things better for me. I still couldn't find a game in Team Slayer, Big Team Battle, Halo 2: Classic, or Halo Championship Training Ground (or whatever that pro-style whatever thing is). It DID start finding players in Anniversary (the ranked one), but I didn't actually want to play, just test the lobbies, so I backed out before it finished.

So, seems like we're not in a better position than before. Half of the game types are missing, and the others aren't loading, so I'm still going to play CoD, I suppose.
    11-20-2014 09:03 PM
    Update has fixed matchmaking for me (for the most part). I was able to find a game and play it in every playlist within 3 mins of searching. I was not able to join my buddy to play any campaign missions, but he was still installing so I'm not sure if that was the issue or not.

After the match-made games finished i would say about 50% of the time when it was counting down to the next match it would get stuck on the countdown and you would have to back out. Defiantly not perfect by all means but at least its a step in the right direction.

The roster when in the main menu still doesn't show all my friends that are playing the game. It usually shows the right number of people in () but it will only list a few of them.
    11-21-2014 09:31 AM
    Waiting on the install is definitely an issue for joining. It's installing multiplayer, and that's including the lobby ability online, I assume. I couldn't join my friend online while I was waiting for the multiplayer patch to finish either. We've been able to get games in when we've wanted, for the most part, but we've also had some nasty fits trying to get the connection to go and hold while loading the campaign.
    11-21-2014 11:59 AM
    Update did nothing more than lock up my Xbox when I tried to open game and then it erased my last checkpoint (final mission on maw to get to ship) and had to start over. Considering this was my first time playing Halo, I was a bit pissed at having to start over from beginning of mission.
    11-21-2014 06:30 PM
    Yeah, it locked up on my initial launch as well, then it was fine.
    11-21-2014 09:41 PM
185 ... 45678