The Official "Halo: TMCC" Thread

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't get why they won't let you install a game before release, if it's not purchased digitally. I mean, if you want to eat up your HDD space with a digital copy beforehand, they should let you. That, or they should start having pre-orders come with codes to download the game (so they know you're purchasing it physically), but just not let the digital copy work without the disc. It's going to suck going to get this at midnight, only to get home and start a 20-GB DL. Even at peak speeds here (120 Mbps), which the console never makes use of, this would take 23 minutes to install. I would love to be able to start the update, at least, then get home, install the game, and get it going.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Just pre-purchased the digital version of the game. Should be downloading now if not I'll start it when i get home. Now i just have to decide what my 3rd game will be for my Xbox Rewards punchcard to get my $20 in rewards.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Man, I stink at Halo MP... I was able to play one game (granted I never play well when I'm tired... and I stayed up to 'play it first' after midnight) last night of Halo 2 MP before the servers bonked out... My team lost 50-12. Haha. I had zero kills - but like 8 assists...

Played the first mission of Halo: CE and wow - so many memories. That games opening reminds me of a mix between Half-Life and Unreal. Loved it. I also noticed how 'coddled' we are as gamers now. As there was no direction whatsoever of 'where to go.' I had forgotten about that. It was nice to not know where I was supposed to go and just figure it out.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Man it hurt me last night... I used to be so good at halo 2. I struggled to go positive in the 3 games i was able to find before i gave up (searched for like 15 min each time.) I think my main issue is the frame rate is so smooth that you feel like you are moving extra slow. It's going to take me some time to figure out what control scheme i want to use.

I didnt start any of the story missions because im waiting for my wife to play with me. I'm forcing her to play all 4 games with me :p

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I just did the opening mission since its been over 10 years since I played it. My roommate from college and I are going to co-op on legendary through it all :). I can't wait.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
We will probably do it on Normal. I think we could do it on Hardened but she will probably get frustrated easily.

I'll need to recruit one of my friends to run through on legendary. I've grinded it solo once on each game, I don't need to do it again :p

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm kind of pissed that the first two campaigns are only 2-player. My plan was to 3-man with a friend online and my cousin, and my cousin had to sit out (which sucked because he stayed up past 2 AM while the game installed and patched). We got through 4 or 5 levels ("The Silent Cartographer" was the last) before calling it at about 6:30, but we're going to probably get back to it around 1 or 2 PM.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Going to play this over the weekend. I think I'm good for games this year. I got FIFA 15, Halo TMCC, Halo 5 Beta, and COD AW. No other big games come out this year, right?

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm kind of pissed that the first two campaigns are only 2-player. My plan was to 3-man with a friend online and my cousin, and my cousin had to sit out (which sucked because he stayed up past 2 AM while the game installed and patched). We got through 4 or 5 levels ("The Silent Cartographer" was the last) before calling it at about 6:30, but we're going to probably get back to it around 1 or 2 PM.

Wait, ONLY two player or up to two players? Because if it isn't a solo campaign that sucks.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
You couldn't do that in the original though. I'd imagine having to add a 3rd protagonist could 'break' the game being that it'd be forcing it to do something that it never was intended to do. All they've changed is updated graphics and sounds but the core games remain the same.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
There is a patch rolling out this morning and another one planned for this weekend. There are a lot of problems with this launch. Hopefully they can get things sorted out quickly. My wife and i got past the silent cartographer last night. So far only 1 achievement has unlocked for me and 0 for her. At least our game isnt dropping out.

Am I the only one that prefers the old graphics to the "updated" ones? the new ones are just louder not really that much better (talking Halo:CE).

jargonz

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
To those who preordered the digital download version this game, did your Boom Skull preorder bonus install? Mine just stays in the queue with the status "Installation stopped".

littlebib

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Is it bad that I miss Halo 4 multiplayer? Just played my first match and I really miss 4. Sorry, I know this is blasphemy to many, but the Halo 2 multiplayer just feel sluggish and...I don't know...wrong? Maybe I'm just too used to Titanfall and Halo 4.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss