The Official "Halo: TMCC" Thread

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I can understand it. My first few games on TMCC were in the Halo 4 playlist, partially to see how it compared to the 360, partially because it was a familiar setting to get back into playing Halo (which I hadn't done much since I got my One in April).

Truth be told, I actually hate the matchmaking in The Master Chief Collection, and I don't mean because of the connection issues. There are so many HUGE complaints I have, notably (but maybe not limited to):

--There's no playlist solely for Halo: CE, despite having game-specific lobbies for the other 3 games (4, if you count that they have split lobbies for Halo 2 Classic and Halo 2 Anniversary).
--I hate that they left Halo 4 maps out of Team Slayer, but included them for Big Team Battle.
--I hate that Team Slayer and Big Team Battle are the only game type-specific lobbies, while everything is a Slayer/Objective mash-up.
--I hate that they made the lobbies a mess with player counts, because the way they mixed Slayer and Objective makes it so you can have 5-on-5 Team Slayer on a tiny map like Abandon, and it's a mess.
--I hate that in every single matchmaking game I have played with a person joining locally, it has put that person on the team opposite of me.
--I hate that they didn't bring several Halo 4 game types into the fold, like Regicide (where I had some of my greatest fun on Halo 4), though I'm glad they didn't bring Grifball (the laggiest game type I've never played).

Honestly, I was super excited for everything about TMCC. I still love that I get to play the four campaigns (even though doing so online can be tricky, due to the connection issues and freezing). However, I am disgusted with the way that they have implemented the multiplayer, and the connection issues have me playing CoD instead, which isn't exactly because I'm enjoying Advanced Warfare's multiplayer.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
They'll add more lobbies in once they get the matchmaking stuff worked out - they already said they would.

I can understand it. My first few games on TMCC were in the Halo 4 playlist, partially to see how it compared to the 360, partially because it was a familiar setting to get back into playing Halo (which I hadn't done much since I got my One in April).

Truth be told, I actually hate the matchmaking in The Master Chief Collection, and I don't mean because of the connection issues. There are so many HUGE complaints I have, notably (but maybe not limited to):

--There's no playlist solely for Halo: CE, despite having game-specific lobbies for the other 3 games (4, if you count that they have split lobbies for Halo 2 Classic and Halo 2 Anniversary).
--I hate that they left Halo 4 maps out of Team Slayer, but included them for Big Team Battle.
--I hate that Team Slayer and Big Team Battle are the only game type-specific lobbies, while everything is a Slayer/Objective mash-up.
--I hate that they made the lobbies a mess with player counts, because the way they mixed Slayer and Objective makes it so you can have 5-on-5 Team Slayer on a tiny map like Abandon, and it's a mess.
--I hate that in every single matchmaking game I have played with a person joining locally, it has put that person on the team opposite of me.
--I hate that they didn't bring several Halo 4 game types into the fold, like Regicide (where I had some of my greatest fun on Halo 4), though I'm glad they didn't bring Grifball (the laggiest game type I've never played).

Honestly, I was super excited for everything about TMCC. I still love that I get to play the four campaigns (even though doing so online can be tricky, due to the connection issues and freezing). However, I am disgusted with the way that they have implemented the multiplayer, and the connection issues have me playing CoD instead, which isn't exactly because I'm enjoying Advanced Warfare's multiplayer.

littlebib

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Now that I've had a little more time to play, my opinion hasn't changed much.

I guess I should have read more about TMCC. When I heard them say "every map from every game", I assumed that you'd be able to pick each Halo for multiplayer. Halo 2 and 3 just feel "old" to me. No sprinting, no special abilities, minimal armor customizations, even the assassinations are just hitting the guy.

I'm enjoying the campaign immensely, but I suspect before long, I'll be back to Titanfall for my mulitplayer fix because TMCC is just so utterly disappointing.

Last edited:

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
They'll add more lobbies in once they get the matchmaking stuff worked out - they already said they would.

That's what they said after they took out half of the playlists to get it stable (which it didn't). Was there some mention before they took the other games offline that additions would come? I'm speaking about the dearth of options relative to the original group of playlists.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Now that I've had a little more time to play, my opinion hasn't changed much.

I guess I should have read more about TMCC. When I heard them say "every map from every game", I assumed that you'd be able to pick each Halo for multiplayer. Halo 2 and 3 just feel "old" to me. No sprinting, no special abilities, minimal armor customizations, even the assassinations are just hitting the guy.

I'm enjoying the campaign immensely, but I suspect before long, I'll be back to Titanfall for my mulitplayer fix because TMCC is just so utterly disappointing.

--Disappointed by Halo, going to Titanfall...I guess we all have our opinions, but that's an unusual one.
--Halo 2 is 10 years old, Halo 3 is 7 years old, and you're saying they feel old...that's what they are.

I guess it's about when you grew up and the style you're used to. I like the Halo 2 setup because it's based on strategy and aiming ability over who is on the biggest sugar high and can get the auto-aim to lock on to an enemy while you spray wildly. Titanfall's core feels too similar to Call of Duty, with the auto-aim luck and overdone extras for my liking. Of course, I say that after a few rounds of Call of Duty, because Halo's servers still aren't working.

littlebib

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
--Disappointed by Halo, going to Titanfall...I guess we all have our opinions, but that's an unusual one.
--Halo 2 is 10 years old, Halo 3 is 7 years old, and you're saying they feel old...that's what they are.

I guess it's about when you grew up and the style you're used to. I like the Halo 2 setup because it's based on strategy and aiming ability over who is on the biggest sugar high and can get the auto-aim to lock on to an enemy while you spray wildly. Titanfall's core feels too similar to Call of Duty, with the auto-aim luck and overdone extras for my liking. Of course, I say that after a few rounds of Call of Duty, because Halo's servers still aren't working.

Well, I would have put Titanfall away for Halo 4 multiplayer, but clearly that's not going to happen. Oh well, I'll enjoy my campaigns while I wait for Halo 5. I suspect I'll continue to give TMCC more tries once they get the matchmaking working, but it's certainly time to reset my expectations.

Norbert Sabic

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi. I am not sure if this question belongs here or not but can somebody tell me how I can watch Halo Nighfall? I am away from home for a few months and there seems to be only a Russian version available among torrents. Any suggestions?

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I am not sure if this question belongs here or not but can somebody tell me how I can watch Halo Nighfall? I am away from home for a few months and there seems to be only a Russian version available among torrents. Any suggestions?

I think you just watch it from the Halo Channel app.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
If this question has been asked and answered already, my bad, I don't have the time to go through the comments to find it. Very busy nowadays!

Anyways, my question is:

I can't seem to find the setting to switch to classic mode from remastered mode. I checked the settings and it wasn't there. What do I do? Thanks.

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Is the update that was postponed the one that's supposed to fix the multiplayer issue? I've play five games sense the game came out and I realize how bad these new shooters have made me at shooting games. I really missed the need to use my noodle and skills to get the kill. I just wish matchmaking didn't take me over 5 minutes to find a game.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
If this question has been asked and answered already, my bad, I don't have the time to go through the comments to find it. Very busy nowadays!

Anyways, my question is:

I can't seem to find the setting to switch to classic mode from remastered mode. I checked the settings and it wasn't there. What do I do? Thanks.

Do you mean single player or multi player? For single player, you just press the back button.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Either one.

Anyways, what is the back button? The b button? Do I do that in the pause screen?

Multiplayer you can't switch, you can only go into a match in either classic or remastered. I suspect because some things like the textures are slightly off and it would be weird.

Idk what its called now, but its the button that use to be back on the 360. The one that wasn't start. It should be above the D-pad, and to the bottom left of the white Xbox logo. You just play a single player campaign and you can press that button while you're playing and it'll switch instantly.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Multiplayer you can't switch, you can only go into a match in either classic or remastered. I suspect because some things like the textures are slightly off and it would be weird.

Idk what its called now, but its the button that use to be back on the 360. The one that wasn't start. It should be above the D-pad, and to the bottom left of the white Xbox logo. You just play a single player campaign and you can press that button while you're playing and it'll switch instantly.

I think I know what you're talking about. I'll try that on Friday when I play. Thanks

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Decided to play a level of the Halo 2 campaign tonight with a friend online. It took us 4 attempts to get the game to load, with 5-minute (or so) delays between attempts, as the game locked up. About halfway into the level, my friend go kicked, thrown into his own iteration of the game, and we called it. What a moronic mess.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos