The Official "Halo: TMCC" Thread

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I like both Halo and Titanfall - and I absolutely LOVED the Halo 5 beta glimpse that we got.

When the 'full beta' (which sounds weird and wrong to say) experience opens up on the 29th, I'm sure will get a better understanding of what Halo will play like since it'll have more weapons, 7 maps, and 3 gametypes. Regardless - the Halo 5 beta was the best MP experience I've had since Titanfall this year. Which reminds me... I need to play some Titanfall soon ;)

And as a fan of Halo - the thing I dislike the most is the ridiculously overpowered pistol... Bah, to be able to kill me with a pistol from across the map just seems... wrong...

Other than that I loved the more fast paced gameplay of Halo 5 MP. I also liked how they implemented the sprint into the game where your shields don't recharge while sprinting. That adds a little more strategy to the gameplay.

It's the first time playing a halo game where I had a K/D ratio higher than -0.5. But, that also might be because there weren't as many people playing in it - thus limiting the amount of 'Halo stars' playing the game...

Tom87

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Anybody else got a message on Live from Xbox thanking you for persevering with Halo TMCC and giving you an extra one month Live Gold to your subscription?

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Anybody else got a message on Live from Xbox thanking you for persevering with Halo TMCC and giving you an extra one month Live Gold to your subscription?

Yes, it was part of their offering consolation to those who played the game online from 11/11-12/19, and was announced about a month ago. They also said they would add a couple of cosmetic items in-game, I think, and we're going to get the ODST campaign for free in the spring.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I didn't play the game online. I'm not sure what time it was in US at the time, but when those news came out about the compensation, I quickly installed the game that I had for two weeks already, still in plastics (was busy playing and doing other things). I started up the game but didn't start SP or MP. Regardless it was the last day of that offer or already the next day, but I also got the message, so I'm thinking just starting the game during that time must've been enough.

I was really bummed that I was gonna miss the free ODST, but I guess I'm not, since I also got the free month of Live!

anon9059916

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I have bought Halo a week ago and I was not able to play only one time online (it didn't find any other players). Am I doing something wrong or is that a known problem?

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm just guessing that they planned from the start to add the ODST and Reach campaigns as paid DLC, and when things went poorly, they offered the former for free. That makes me hope that those who missed out can get the ODST campaign as a $10 add-on or something, and that Reach will follow in the summer. It would make sense...

Fall 2014: TMCC
Winter 2014-2015: Guardians beta and Spartan Strike
Spring 2015: ODST campaign
Summer 2015: Reach campaign
Fall 2015: Guardians

A full year of Halo. That would be nice.

Tom87

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm just guessing that they planned from the start to add the ODST and Reach campaigns as paid DLC, and when things went poorly, they offered the former for free. That makes me hope that those who missed out can get the ODST campaign as a $10 add-on or something, and that Reach will follow in the summer. It would make sense...

Fall 2014: TMCC
Winter 2014-2015: Guardians beta and Spartan Strike
Spring 2015: ODST campaign
Summer 2015: Reach campaign
Fall 2015: Guardians

A full year of Halo. That would be nice.

Now THAT would be perfect. And go a long way to restoring 343's reputation also. Fingers crossed you're right :)

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Still progressing through Halo CE, just finished Two Betrayals. I just have to say that they don't quite make them anymore like they used to. Obviously the first Halo is and was very limited by technology back then, but I find myself wondering several times per level/mission that how come games these days don't do something the way it was done in this 2002 title lol.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
The only game that 'plays' like Halo:CE at the moment is Wolfenstein: A New Order. Halo: CE is tough because it play so fundamentally different than games today. A part from the new Wolfenstein game (which I got for my birthday and I'm enjoying also) no game has you go find health packs and such. You just wait until your health refills while ducking for cover.

I also noticed (and I think i've mentioned before) that Halo: CE isn't very hand-holdy at all. It doesn't direct you where to go all that often. Which is both nice and frustrating since every game today shows you where to go with a nice fancy beacon and path on the floor...

Still progressing through Halo CE, just finished Two Betrayals. I just have to say that they don't quite make them anymore like they used to. Obviously the first Halo is and was very limited by technology back then, but I find myself wondering several times per level/mission that how come games these days don't do something the way it was done in this 2002 title lol.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
The only game that 'plays' like Halo:CE at the moment is Wolfenstein: A New Order. Halo: CE is tough because it play so fundamentally different than games today. A part from the new Wolfenstein game (which I got for my birthday and I'm enjoying also) no game has you go find health packs and such. You just wait until your health refills while ducking for cover.

I also noticed (and I think i've mentioned before) that Halo: CE isn't very hand-holdy at all. It doesn't direct you where to go all that often. Which is both nice and frustrating since every game today shows you where to go with a nice fancy beacon and path on the floor...

Exactly my thoughts too. I just finished Halo CE today and I still think that even on today's standards the game is quite something, even if many mechanics are quite dated. But yeah, the first half of the game that lack of handholdyness was a bit weird to me too. "What, I have to figure out where to go myself?" :D

Although, in the 2014 reboot of Thief, I turned of all HUD markers implying where to go, somehow in that game it felt like that's how it needs to be.

EDIT: Wow. I just started Halo 2. Not only does this game look gorgeous remastered, the cutscenes are frigging epic. I just finished the first mission and my jaw is kinda on the floor but at the same time I have a big smile on my face. I kinda just realized how much I've missed out on not having a chance to play any of these games before (short from Halo CE once through as co-op at friends back in 2002 or so). I mean Halo CE was also great, but so far (given, just one missioni in) with Halo 2 I'm frigging stoked!

Last edited:

Tom87

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Completely agree with the "open world" feel of CE. When I first played through it on MCC I nearly got lost early in the game quite a few times!

I'm currently playing through Halo 2 Anniversary campaign with a friend online, and we're bothed just awed by the new graphics and cut scenes. It just feels like a brand new game, yet familiar. We're about half way through (just completed "The Oracle") and loving it so far. Bring on the rest.

rex.reyesiii

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
ATLAST! I finally beat Mission 2: Truth and Reconcillation on Halo CE for about a month and a half now.

I think I'm better now on FPS games after that. :)

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Just to revive a dead thread, I'd like to point something out:

This game is almost a year old, and it still doesn't work properly. Some terrible things:

--In Halo 4, they made all games 5-v-5. That's ridiculous when the maps are too small for 4-v-4 Slayer, in many cases. 5-v-5 Slayer on Haven is on CoD levels of messy.
--Halo 4 also doesn't have the 360's ability to join in-progress games. So, it's again stupid when you have to start a game down 2 guys and spend the next 5-10 minutes getting wailed on because they won't let other people into the game.
--The Halo 4 map Pitfall is great, but it's broken, even now. There are issues where your gun sounds will stop working, but not the enemy's. It doesn't ruin the game, but it's quite annoying.
--You still can't stick with a lobby after a game, meaning making friends is a laughable concept.

I just thought it'd make sense to come in and mention that we're about 10 months in, only a couple from Halo 5, and this thing's still a giant mess.

Last edited:

Sin Ogaris

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys.

So I decided to boot up TMCC after God knows how long to play a bit of online and as soon as I click on "Find Game" it just brings up the Downloading Latest Data window and proceeds to not do anything from there.

I thought the Matchmaking portion had been sorted by now, are there STILL issues with it, or what? Anyone know of any fixes available?

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Not sure with your situation. Are you sure you don't need to update the game?

I tried to get in a game half an hour ago or so, and it kept giving a "Failed to Connect," after finding players. That was in the Halo 4 playlist, then the Halo 2: Anniversary and Team Doubles playlists didn't progress. They'd just say they found players, then go back to searching.

I'm guessing there's a server issue, which wouldn't surprise me, given the poor connection quality in one or two of my games yesterday.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Man, this game's matchmaking is just the worst in the universe. Everything about how it handles online is BAD, not just below-average. It's honestly been so bad in the past week that even though I basically know WHY it's happened, and that Halo 5 won't be problematic in this manner, I'm still so livid at how pathetic TMCC's matchmaking is that I briefly consider boycotting Halo 5 in frustration.

I'm sure I'll end up going on and playing again in a bit, only to again be the level 23 person who gets paired with others 25 and under, while having to face a team with multiple players at 40+. I'm sure I'll have to play the nasty mode known as Legendary Slayer some more, too--it's all people want to play this weekend.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NunezGuad