10-08-2015 09:26 AM
368 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    Currently level 13 hunter here. Playing together with 2 RL friends sorta slows me down when we are only allowed to play our mains while everyone is present :D Planning on hitting 20 by the end of the week, though. 15 today so I can go bladedancer! My friends play a titan and a warlock, so we got all classes covered. The Titan-friend will likely go for the level 15 subclass (the more support'ish) while the Warlock will likely remain in the default offensive build.
    09-12-2014 04:46 AM
    I'm a lvl 13 here. Might get an hour in tonight but then im going to fall behind everyone this weekend, going out of town for a music festival in Chicago. I've been playing with someone that added me from here. Hopefully im able to catch up so the level gap isn't to huge.
    09-12-2014 09:31 AM
    hit level 20 this morning. Easy way to level up? DO BOUNTIES! Seriously... I got a lot of Crucible bounties last night and this morning. I was level 12 last night, and hit 20 this morning. All because of bounties and some strike missions (that I had to solo since matchmaking wasn't working for me last night).
    09-12-2014 10:53 AM
    Is there a way to turn your fireteam public? So anyone can just join you and start a mission.
    09-12-2014 11:30 AM
    Hello, a newcomer here from Finland. I did not know where to start looking for a group of people to play Destiny with but luckily I noticed the post about this thread. So, I am currently level 20 (21 with light) Warlock and just last night finished the story. I have been playing also the Crucible missions, I like the Clash and Control the best. I would describe myself as an average player who is playing seriously but mostly for fun still. I don't have a proper headset with a microphone yet but I am planning to buy the official Xbox One stereo headset from Microsoft. Any of you have experience with it?

In any event, if any of you would like to play co-op or multiplayer matches with me, please do add me on Xbox Live! My gamertag is Stripax. I have to warn you, however, that I am not very well versed with the online gameplay procedures and the associated language. Therefore, bear with me, at least in the beginning!

Cheers and happy hunting to everybody!
    09-12-2014 12:03 PM
    DarkWing DucKp

That's my gamertag. I should be on later tonight after work around midnight PT. I'm only level two and keep getting killed in the first darkness zone so any help would be great. Where do people find bounties at, at the Tower? Seems like it's taking a long time for me to level up otherwise maybe I just suck.
    09-12-2014 01:02 PM
    Again here's the link to the clan for anyone interested! :D

MOBILE NATIONS CLAN
    Stripax likes this.
    09-12-2014 01:04 PM
    gamertag: agentlumia
    xbox one
    North america
    09-12-2014 05:13 PM
    Bounties are a good way to level up. However, the first ones become available on level 4 and after you have completed at least one of them the rest are unlocked.
    09-12-2014 08:33 PM
    I've been playing quite a bit of the Crucible lately, and was having a great match. At the end I uncovered a legendary engram (purple) and promptly went to the guy to unlock it. What was in side it? A blue gun...no better than what I currently had equipped. Boo....
    09-13-2014 02:21 PM
    UpJumpTheBoogie
    XB1
    North American Eastern Time Zone
    09-13-2014 02:48 PM
    Just tried the weekly heroic strike with my 2 RL friends, it was lvl 22 strike, but only one of us was 22, others 21. Man did that place hurt! It was getting late so we figured we rather not waste all night grinding through it slowly and try again tomorrow after we gain perhaps a level or two more with light-gear.
    09-13-2014 06:40 PM
    LOL so my brother and I found a purple ball that behaved like a balloon in the air and like a ball on the ground. It was at the tower by the bounty guy. We had several people basically playing soccer. It was hilarious to see people stop. And be like what? lol. We will try to find it again when we are back at the tower.

UPDATE: Didn't find the purple ball. But actually saw a soccer ball this time. Sadly it was kicked off the tower...
    Last edited by xboxonthego3; 09-13-2014 at 08:54 PM.
    09-13-2014 08:34 PM
    Now that my Ready for Raid spree has ended, I'll answer some things and give some great pointers (30+ Hours of actual game time according to bungie & 100 away from 2k Grimoire) so feel free to ask away. :)
    09-14-2014 07:27 AM
    Gamertag is Ruined plz add me and attach message you are from WPCENTRAL!
    09-14-2014 11:26 AM
    Need friends to play Destiny with. Who better than fellow WP fans. Gamerstag is bucjong2 front North America. User name is somyounguy.
    09-14-2014 02:46 PM
    On my break at work so I'll also add a few tips.

1) Dismantle double class weapons lower than your level if you have one better, but always keep one of each weapon and elemental type (void, arc, solar). You need to be diverse and these weekly and nightfall strikes have modifiers that make certain elements more effective and some less effective. Good to have a few of each, but also keep different types of weapons per class as some or better for certain situations. An assault rifle isn't going to be as scout rifle just because your on a larger map, and a shotgun isn't gonna be much help during ma y strikes. STAY VERSATILE.

2) Don't waste glimmer on useless things like engrams packs. Rares become common enough that wasting glimmer on random engrams is useless. Save your glimmer, you'll need it. I used to keep a 8k stack then I needed over 13k glimmer for a bounty and I was pretty much s brewed having to grind out with no open bounties.

3) Keep all your resources, this is extremely important. DO NOT turn them in for vanguard and glimmer. They're used to upgrade legendary and exotic weapons.

4) Make sure you turn in your bounties! This unimportant because you always have a chance to get an exotic bounty which will reward your with an exotic weapon or gear! They won't give you an engrams so this is basically an almost free guaranteed exotic given after a 3 part bounty.

5) Always walk over enemies and bosses as you may miss rare resources and rare drops. They drop cash items (house banners etc.) But also drop important upgrade resources that I'm still struggling to get even at level 26. They're hard to see and if you miss them that's it. They always drop from an enemies body, usually a boss but occasionally a mob will drop them as well.

6) Make use of them travelling merchants, one comes on the weekends Friday - Sunday depending on time zone and sits across from the crucible vanguard. The other has yet to come but it will be a female assassin called the Queens "Emissary" and will sell rare and legendary weapons for glimmer.

Will add more later.
    MobileVortex likes this.
    09-15-2014 02:28 AM
    Gamertag eepyaich, Xbox One, European zone

Currently a level 8 hunter, but looking to progress as quickly as family life will allow!
    09-15-2014 07:46 AM
    Schnydz(Schnydz)
    XB1 North America Pacific Time
    ​Currently Lvl 8 Warlock
    09-16-2014 12:01 AM
    Not sure if people in this thread said this already, but did you guys catch the Master Chief Easter Egg in Destiny? IGN posted a video about that. I tipped WPC twice about it, but I guess they don't think it's news worthy. :-/
    09-16-2014 07:24 PM
    areejo
    ​XB1
    Europe
    09-18-2014 07:10 AM
    Nataku4ca
    Xbox One
    North America Pacific time
    Main Titan
    I don't have much time to play anymore, but I try to make space when I can
    only have my cousin to play with in destiny so far, hopefully ill get to play with you guys soon
    Last edited by Nataku4ca; 09-19-2014 at 01:05 AM. Reason: formatting
    09-19-2014 01:03 AM
    Dark3stWhite
    Xbox One
    Central time US & Canada
    Titan/exo
    09-19-2014 01:22 AM
    I'm gaming as much as possible. GT: IzaacJ
    Europe (Sweden)
    09-19-2014 11:49 AM
    I've created a WP Central clan for Destiny -- more info here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/xbo...tral-clan.html

A clan is perhaps a nicer way for us to coordinate raids and co-op play than relying on following hundreds of profiles and watching the forum for new posts.
    09-19-2014 11:23 PM
368 ... 1011121314 ...