10-08-2015 08:26 AM
368 ... 12131415
tools
    Need help right now I need to do a weekly on the moon on hard I'm lvl 26. Add me Jamel411 right now to help me I'm running solo now.
    10-24-2014 07:23 PM
    @Coreldan
    - Sucks that you're that discouraged. I personally am a HUGE fan of the Hard Mode. You really have to make sure your teams stays alive. Its takes a tremendous amount of dedication and coordination. I admit once in a blue we die to a bug, but other than that its almost flawless. I only come from playing RuneScape as my MMO and the loot table in here has been more forgiving then in RS. I sometime did 15-20 god dungeons a day to receive nothing in a whole month. It's all a grind. I have 3 separate characters and my other two alternates are about to reach level 30 once they get one more piece of raid gear. I made sure I play the raid on hard every week on each character. That's a guaranteed 8 drops per character counting the chatterwhite and vehicles/ships. This week I got nothing on either character. Tuesday will hopefully be it! :) I'm also doing some item collection as that seems to be the end game. Each character has an unmaxed Mythoclast, Vision of Confluence, Fatebringer, and Found Verdict. I also have two Pradeyths Revenge, and Atheons Epilogue and one Raid Rocket. Trying to get a full Raid Weapon Set per character for the next raid on the moon. I'm still enjoying the game and I won't let that damn RNGesus discourage me like he did to the better half of a friends. They always put in half the time I did anyway. ~480 Hours in and I'm still enjoying myself.

@Jargonz changing it now.
    10-26-2014 02:52 PM
    GamerTag: farmacorn

Looking to have a good time in the clan
    enjoying Destiny so far, waiting for the new raid as well!!! :)
    10-26-2014 03:37 PM
    Need help right now I need to do a weekly on the moon on hard I'm lvl 26. Add me Jamel411 right now to help me I'm running solo now.
    I've completed many daily story, weekly heroic strike and even weekly nightfall strike missions playing solo. I started playing the weekly heroic strike at the hardest level (28) when I learned that I could get 9 strange coins if I did that. I started doing that when my Warlock character was at level 25. Since the enemies' level was much higher than mine, and I was their only target, I had to get creative to avoid getting killed. And yes, I've completed The Summoning Pits weekly strike on the moon playing solo. Here's how I did that.

The first group of hard enemies I encountered consisted of 2 knights and a wizard. I had to kill the sword-wielding knight first because he kept charging at me and could kill me with 1 melee hit. I baited him to come to me and then met him with an arc damage fusion rifle. Whenever he took cover, I threw a grenade at him. I did that several times until he died. Then I switched to a solar damage sniper rifle to eliminate the wizard, aiming at his head. Whenever he took cover, I threw a solar grenade at him. Finally, I switched back to the arc damage fusion rifle to eliminate the hallowed knight (the one that fires a cannon). I took cover behind a rock and just kept hitting him until he died.

The next group of hard enemies consisted of 3 waves. I just deployed the ghost to open the door and then ran back to the entrance to wait for the enemies. I jumped to the ledge on top of a door where melee enemies (thralls and knights) couldn't reach me. I just kept throwing grenades at them whenever they came near. I eliminated the rest of the 1st wave using my fusion rifle and more grenades. The hard enemies of the 2nd wave were the hallowed knights. I used my arc damage rocket launcher against them. In the 3rd wave, several wizards went out of the room to the place where I was. So I retreated to the room before that, where I kept hitting them with my solar damage fusion rifle and solar grenades until they all died.

The next group of hard enemies were the 2 hallowed knights. But it wasn't as hard as I thought because I just went far from their reach and just kept hitting them with my sniper rifle.

The final hard enemy is Phogoth himself. I did not enter the room where he was. I kept shooting him with my auto rifle until he broke free from the chains. After baiting him to come to me, I retreated to the previous room to avoid the minions and the shrieker. From there, I kept throwing grenades at Phogoth. And whenever he showed his head on the small opening through 2 doors, I shot him with my sniper rifle, aiming at the spot below his head, which is his weak spot. I just kept repeating that until he died.

That's it. Mission accomplished. That's how I did it. I hope it would help you.
    Last edited by jargonz; 10-27-2014 at 07:06 AM.
    10-27-2014 12:05 AM
    @Coreldan
    - Sucks that you're that discouraged. I personally am a HUGE fan of the Hard Mode. You really have to make sure your teams stays alive. Its takes a tremendous amount of dedication and coordination. I admit once in a blue we die to a bug, but other than that its almost flawless. I only come from playing RuneScape as my MMO and the loot table in here has been more forgiving then in RS. I sometime did 15-20 god dungeons a day to receive nothing in a whole month. It's all a grind. I have 3 separate characters and my other two alternates are about to reach level 30 once they get one more piece of raid gear. I made sure I play the raid on hard every week on each character. That's a guaranteed 8 drops per character counting the chatterwhite and vehicles/ships. This week I got nothing on either character. Tuesday will hopefully be it! :) I'm also doing some item collection as that seems to be the end game. Each character has an unmaxed Mythoclast, Vision of Confluence, Fatebringer, and Found Verdict. I also have two Pradeyths Revenge, and Atheons Epilogue and one Raid Rocket. Trying to get a full Raid Weapon Set per character for the next raid on the moon. I'm still enjoying the game and I won't let that damn RNGesus discourage me like he did to the better half of a friends. They always put in half the time I did anyway. ~480 Hours in and I'm still enjoying myself.

@Jargonz changing it now.
    Yeah well with studies and family I wouldn't even have the chance on raiding with 2-3 characters. And it's totally ridicilous that one pretty much has to do that to have even decent odds of gearing up :P That said, I woudnt do it even if I had the time, Destiny is a good game, but I wouldnt even remotely consider playing it that much.

The "staying alive" part is the annoying part when 5 out of 6 are level 29. It's so unforgiving and if one dies, theres nothing you can do anymore. At leat WoW gives you that combat revive (1 in the size I raid) that helps a crapton with those "woopsies" and bugs. Also when basically everyone is just DPS, there is very little synergy in keeping each other alive compared to WoW, where I typically play a healer and can actively keep people alive, I suppose our Destiny group doesn't have equal skill levels and if someone else fails, I cant help that. Then again similarly in WoW though "I can't heal stupid" and failing in mechanics, but RNG deaths in Destiny are kinda more common. Minotaur teleported to you while a hobgoblin shot you in the back? Bye bye!

We're looking at 1 months of raiding normal with pretty much all of us doing hard mode at least once partially. Some of us raiding on multiple characters, but still only one level 30. Having some more 30s would exponentially make doing hard regularly muc heasier
    Flagz likes this.
    10-27-2014 02:59 AM
    Yeah well with studies and family I wouldn't even have the chance on raiding with 2-3 characters. And it's totally ridicilous that one pretty much has to do that to have even decent odds of gearing up :P That said, I woudnt do it even if I had the time, Destiny is a good game, but I wouldnt even remotely consider playing it that much.

The "staying alive" part is the annoying part when 5 out of 6 are level 29. It's so unforgiving and if one dies, theres nothing you can do anymore. At leat WoW gives you that combat revive (1 in the size I raid) that helps a crapton with those "woopsies" and bugs. Also when basically everyone is just DPS, there is very little synergy in keeping each other alive compared to WoW, where I typically play a healer and can actively keep people alive, I suppose our Destiny group doesn't have equal skill levels and if someone else fails, I cant help that. Then again similarly in WoW though "I can't heal stupid" and failing in mechanics, but RNG deaths in Destiny are kinda more common. Minotaur teleported to you while a hobgoblin shot you in the back? Bye bye!

We're looking at 1 months of raiding normal with pretty much all of us doing hard mode at least once partially. Some of us raiding on multiple characters, but still only one level 30. Having some more 30s would exponentially make doing hard regularly muc heasier
    While I agree, I still have to disagree just be a use I'm human. I usually lead my teams I go in with and our first hard run was 100% legit and it was all 29s. First rule, don't die. Second rule, always back up. During the confluxes (hardest part of raid IMO) people usually die during the second wave. The mechanics are simple, there's tree spawn areas, right, left and middle. All middle spawn will come from staircase in center, and will turn left/right depending on which door they're from. We keep 1 person top left (L1) and two people mid left on conflux. We keep one person mid stairs calling out miniatures and back end sacrifices and then keep two on far right (R3) usually one person more behind conflux as hobgoblin like to teleport. Subscribers with fireborn and solar wind are always more aggro since they get a second chance. Make sure you keep rockets for sacrifices and you should be ok. I made it through in a 28 alt with four 29's and a 30 once. Just takes patience.
    10-27-2014 03:10 AM
    Perhaps, coming from heroic (now mythic) raiding in WoW, it just screams bad design to me. Normal I think is fine and I think quite extraordinary cos it's probably very hard making a raid for a shooter, but they pulled it off fine, but I think they took the lazy way out making hard harder.

Obviously in WoW too gear makes a difference, but my luck with loot is very similar in both games (nonexistant), but in WoW you can still keep up cos those few items dont make a 20-30% difference in damage output and intake. What I would've done is somehow guarantee max level without RNG (see every MMORPG in universe) and then make the RNG gamble with loot something that enhances on that base ability, right now my character is just below that base ability by that 20% (further too cos of no luck with weapons like Epilogue) and there's really not a damn thing I can do to help that except get lucky. And having to run the raid on 3 characters to gear one is probably the most terrible design ever.

Then I'm also quite unhappy cos I'm a bladedancer and dislike gunslinger, but that combined with 29 means that my super is really just a vanish on demand cos anyhting else kills me :P
    Last edited by Coreldan; 10-27-2014 at 04:49 AM.
    10-27-2014 04:20 AM
    Ahh the bladedancer is nearly useless in hard mode. Sucks, but if they make another subclass it better be extremely useful for hunters.

Also EVERYONE LOOK AT THE ORIGINAL POST AND JOIN THE WINDOWS CENTRAL CLAN IF YOUR NOT IN ONE! It'll be great to start those clan achievements soon! Tons of fun if we can run weekly events in game.
    10-27-2014 03:40 PM
    Ahh the bladedancer is nearly useless in hard mode. Sucks, but if they make another subclass it better be extremely useful for hunters.

Also EVERYONE LOOK AT THE ORIGINAL POST AND JOIN THE WINDOWS CENTRAL CLAN IF YOUR NOT IN ONE! It'll be great to start those clan achievements soon! Tons of fun if we can run weekly events in game.
    I submitted to join the clan. Have yet to be approved.
    10-27-2014 03:58 PM
    I submitted to join the clan. Have yet to be approved.
    Not sure which clan you submitted to join, but there's no approval process and plenty have joined without needing approval.
    10-27-2014 03:59 PM
    Not sure which clan you submitted to join, but there's no approval process and plenty have joined without needing approval.
    Got it figured out. I got it added.
    10-27-2014 08:14 PM
    Got it figured out. I got it added.
    Good I figured you can get in. Now we all need a game date!
    10-27-2014 11:21 PM
    Good I figured you can get in. Now we all need a game date!
    I wish there was better clan support in game. Having to add everyone as a friend is a task.

Well, I am available every evening after 5pm Mountain Time. Looking to do Raid and Strikes. I need ascendent shards to finish up armor and weapons.
    Lvl 28 Warlock
    10-28-2014 10:54 AM
    I need ascendent shards to finish up armor and weapons.
    You can get 2 ascendant materials every day by completing the daily missions at level 28.
    10-28-2014 10:45 PM
    You can get 2 ascendant materials every day by completing the daily missions at level 28.
    Also public event aha e the chance to get materials and every day you get a package with a possible ascendant material for reaching gold in a public event
    10-29-2014 04:18 AM
    Also public event aha e the chance to get materials and every day you get a package with a possible ascendant material for reaching gold in a public event
    This. For this purpose I find Destiny Public Events - Timer and Map very useful. I think its about 4 minutes behind (in my experience) but it helps get me materials.

I'm up to level 24 and hoping I can get in on some clan activity soon!
    10-30-2014 03:37 PM
    It can also be Ascendent energy, which seems to be what I get most from daily's

What I did recently to get to 29 was burn my Vanguard points on armor and dismantle them. Got me right over the edge of 28 and still don't have my chest armor fully upgraded, but I am a 29 now.
    10-31-2014 03:32 PM
    Flagz,

I just joined the clan, set it as my clan, and followed everyone in it through the clan's page. Is that what you meant? Noob here, help is appreciated! I have a 27 Titan.
    11-01-2014 12:58 PM
    Is there any efficient way to invite the clan for stuff? For instance, I would love to try my first weekly heroic strike between now and tonight. Anyone game for that?
    11-01-2014 01:20 PM
    Travis: My gametag is GusRivero, add me and send me an invite if you see me in Destiny.

Anyone else who plays destiny add me if you need one, I'm pretty average player but always willing to help out.
    11-01-2014 06:22 PM
    I'm overwhelmed by my very good fortune yesterday. First, I reached Warlock level 29. Then after playing a strike, I was rewarded with the MIDA Multi-Tool exotic scout rifle, the exotic weapon I've wanted since I started playing Destiny. Then when I went to the Tower to claim my rewards for 2 completed bounties, I received my 5th Vanguard Mentor Missive, which completed my set of exotic weapon bounties (Bad Juju, Invective, Thorn, Super Good Advice, and Pocket Infinity). Wow, all that in just one day!
    Br1an_g likes this.
    11-18-2014 03:01 AM
    I have joined the clan but don't seem to see anyone online. Would really like to do a strike and raid with only clan members. ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ‘ D1ABLO 360 on xbox one. Warlock Lev 29, just need raid gloves to get 30..or rank up my raid helmet and get exotic gloves. On most nights for at least an hour, plenty of time to do a raid.
    11-20-2014 06:43 AM
    Nice 1 jargonz, I'm still waiting for that rifle, or the raid scout is meant to be pretty good too.
    11-20-2014 06:44 AM
    Nice 1 jargonz, I'm still waiting for that rifle, or the raid scout is meant to be pretty good too.
    Xur finally added the MIDA Multi-Tool to his inventory. You can buy it from him now for 23 strange coins. Good thing I got it for free because that is a lot of coins.

This reminded me of when Xur was selling the Red Death exotic pulse rifle and I didn't buy it. Then a few days later, I got the Red Death for free from an engram.
    11-21-2014 10:14 PM
    It looks like the latest game update has modified the Winter's Run strike such that you could no longer take cover under the metal platform when fighting Aksor (the Archon priest). The entrance to that area now has an invisible wall. I had to find another safe place when I played this strike solo.
    11-21-2014 10:26 PM
368 ... 12131415