10-08-2015 08:26 AM
368 1234 ...
tools
    I have a friend who could use one too :P

If no1 else here needs one.
    07-22-2014 05:52 PM
    If anyone has a spare code I would appreciate it greatly, I haven't played an MMO since guild wars and I've watched hours of gameplay video but still can't decide without hands-on time with it, and my budget is severely limited atm. Thanks in advance!
    07-22-2014 06:09 PM
    Gamertag: JamesDax3 Location: Philadelphia, PA

Oh btw.... HQ92C-9HKCJ-WK377-W6XTW-F4QKZ

Your welcome.
    07-22-2014 06:29 PM
    Gamertag: JamesDax3 Location: Philadelphia, PA

Oh btw.... HQ92C-9HKCJ-WK377-W6XTW-F4QKZ

Your welcome.
    Thanks for giving a code away. There's a ton of people here here would like to try it. Also added to the list. Good to see another user from PA.
    07-22-2014 06:38 PM
    If anyone has an extra code or two are you asking for PM or Just posting it as first come first serve?
    07-22-2014 07:31 PM
    If someone wants to give me one, I'll absolutely join, and it might change my mind. There isn't a whole lot coming soon to play, with everything I want before Halo being sports/racing, except for Sunset Overdrive.
    Sent you a key via PM.
    07-23-2014 12:48 AM
    I cant seem to get the installig to start? It says installing, but no apparent progress.

EDIT: Nvm now it started working
    07-23-2014 12:50 AM
    Everyone be sure to share this thread anywhere there's Windows Phone Central users so we can get a good community going.
    07-23-2014 01:13 AM
    My very brief impressions...

Plays like Halo mixed with Borderlands. That's pretty good for me. I've only played like 20 minutes. I had to try it out after my run this morning! Beat the first mission and made it to the City. Level 2 so far.

Can't wait to play with some friends this evening.
    07-23-2014 07:13 AM
    I just did the intro level, a few things to note:

I hate the stupid mouse pointer. I don't know why they made the UI act like you're on a PC, rather than just having it scroll across the boxes of colors while doing character customization or upgrading things. It's not unbearable, but given that the game hasn't been announced as a PC title, I don't get what they did that for.

The gameplay's OK. I mean, they don't give you a legitimate tutorial, nor do they need to, because it handles like Call of Duty, except your grenade is LB, not RB, and melee is RB instead of RS. I definitely need to play more before I pass any real judgment though, because it felt pretty hand-holdy in the intro, with the enemies mostly being incredibly easy and useless.
    07-23-2014 08:53 AM
    Got the game downloaded haven't played it yet tho. I'll be on for an hour or two after work (5PM CST) if anyone wants to play.

GT: BlindandCynical
    07-23-2014 08:58 AM
    Hi, I don't suppose anyone has a spare key they could PM me? Id be forever grateful.
    07-23-2014 10:39 AM
    Looking for more people to PvE with, not really fond of PvP in this game. People with goldens destroy you instantly especially if they maxed them. I've seen some HIGH LEVEL dungeons (Lots of level 15's) but the moment I step into them with all uncommon gear I get the one hit death. ): Parkouring is fun though, and so is the Tower lol! :D
    07-23-2014 01:52 PM
    Gamertag: cjp1769 (US)

Assuming I get a code from somewhere, or course ( :
    07-23-2014 07:52 PM
    Added to the list, but no more codes from me, hopefully someone gets you one! :D
    07-24-2014 04:27 AM
    Got to level 6 last night. Could this game play anymore like HALO? I think i like it, jury is still out if im going to buy it or not. So many good games this fall, im going to have to budget myself. Trying not to get more then 3, here's to hoping for some great black friday game sales.
    07-24-2014 09:33 AM
    So, I hit level 8 (beta cap) last night. I enjoy it. It's fun. But, now after hitting the cap I'm thinking, "What do I do/can I do now?" In the PvP multiplayer stuff is there another mode besides control? I don't like control/hardpoint mode on this game for some reason and I still think the enemy players are a little more difficult to separate from my teammates...

I would say that this game reminds me of a mix between the following games...

Halo
    Borderlands
    Mass Effect
    Too Human

That last one is really weird, but I can't help but think of it while in the Tower.
    07-24-2014 09:40 AM
    my friend and I did catch what we think might be a bug though...

We joined a party together and couldn't hear anything from one another. Turns out - when playing this game you need to the party app snapped. If you switch it to game chat it works fine (but is not as loud). Really really annoying.
    Last edited by ncxcstud; 07-24-2014 at 09:59 AM.
    07-24-2014 09:44 AM
    Yeah, they said for it to work properly you'll need to EXIT Destiny (Menu on Destiny via Start Screen and click QUIT) Start the party app and UNSNAP it BEFORE you open Destiny. DO NOT open it during destiny and it should work. It's a stupid fix, but they said the party system in destiny interferes with the native XBO client.
    07-24-2014 09:56 AM
    Also, I finished my bounties for today, time to relax. Theme of the last two days were STAYING ALIVE! (9000 XP without dying was one of the bounties BOTH days!)

07-24-2014 09:57 AM
    I'm at level 6 or 7, and all I can say is that my opinion on this game has gotten worse. For starters, everything about the PvP is bad, IMO. I was forced to play a round, and it felt like the weapon balance just hasn't been even considered. I didn't intend to PvP when I decided to try a burst rifle, but it loses most gun fights for me. That, and the car weapons are too strong, and the AI voice is REALLY annoying. I think I've done about 5 missions, and I've yet to get any sense of what the story is here. It also feels too linear. We're supposed to be in an MMO, and we get a specific mission each time, and it can all be done easily by one's self, making it the most anti-social MMO I've played. Normally, you'd see an MMO involve travel, but everything seems to be fast-travel and lonely because of it.

I don't know, I just feel like this is a game that needs another year of work or something. I just don't think that this could become good in the 6 weeks prior to launch. It doesn't feel like an MMO, it's got a seemingly aimless story, and the PvP is unbalanced. I can't find a redeeming quality to the MMO aspects.

What I will say feels good for an MMO shooter is what you can do. As one who felt like Defiance was too straightforward to be called a traditional MMO, I get the feel of WoW playing this a little, just from how many abilities I can use. I can use my primary, special, or heavy. I can throw a knife or do a traditional melee. I have my magical gun ability thing. It just feels like a proper MMO in those rare instances where a bunch of Hive enemies charge you. The one instance I felt like it was done properly was on maybe the fifth mission, when the Hive ships come in, and the people start swarming you. I liked being able to hit one with a throwing knife, shoot a bit, pop my magical gun thing, go to my special, shoot a little, go to my heavy to get the Wizard away, then back to my primary. It's not perfect, but it felt MMO-like to just start using a bunch of different things in a row like that.
    07-24-2014 09:59 AM
    I'm not at my xbox one at the moment, but I had (what I think is) a pretty cool recording from Destiny last night. It's from what I presume is the 'instance' dungeon Destiny and beating the 'last' guy (why it is who it is, I have no idea...) I got him with a rocket to the face as the final hit :). search my gameclips at my screenname on xbox - techpastorm to see it :).
    07-24-2014 10:06 AM
    I'm at level 6 or 7, and all I can say is that my opinion on this game has gotten worse. For starters, everything about the PvP is bad, IMO. I was forced to play a round, and it felt like the weapon balance just hasn't been even considered. I didn't intend to PvP when I decided to try a burst rifle, but it loses most gun fights for me. That, and the car weapons are too strong, and the AI voice is REALLY annoying. I think I've done about 5 missions, and I've yet to get any sense of what the story is here. It also feels too linear. We're supposed to be in an MMO, and we get a specific mission each time, and it can all be done easily by one's self, making it the most anti-social MMO I've played. Normally, you'd see an MMO involve travel, but everything seems to be fast-travel and lonely because of it.

I don't know, I just feel like this is a game that needs another year of work or something. I just don't think that this could become good in the 6 weeks prior to launch. It doesn't feel like an MMO, it's got a seemingly aimless story, and the PvP is unbalanced. I can't find a redeeming quality to the MMO aspects.

What I will say feels good for an MMO shooter is what you can do. As one who felt like Defiance was too straightforward to be called a traditional MMO, I get the feel of WoW playing this a little, just from how many abilities I can use. I can use my primary, special, or heavy. I can throw a knife or do a traditional melee. I have my magical gun ability thing. It just feels like a proper MMO in those rare instances where a bunch of Hive enemies charge you. The one instance I felt like it was done properly was on maybe the fifth mission, when the Hive ships come in, and the people start swarming you. I liked being able to hit one with a throwing knife, shoot a bit, pop my magical gun thing, go to my special, shoot a little, go to my heavy to get the Wizard away, then back to my primary. It's not perfect, but it felt MMO-like to just start using a bunch of different things in a row like that.
    My hope is that since its only a beta we are just getting a 'sprinkling' of what is to come. I'll probably end of getting this game (and because of my best buy credit card to simply buy gas and groceries I'll get it for free) simply because my friends will be playing it.

As I mentioned in the dungeon I was in last night with two random people (its in the center of the map once you hit level 6/7 I believe) I have no idea why I was doing what I was doing except there were bad guys that needed to be handled appropriately and mercilessly, haha. Of course, I didn't care about the story in Borderlands 1/2 either, it was fun to play and I have fun playing this game as well. I just need to start getting some good 'loot' I keep getting common stuff and green stuff. Nothing higher than that.

Also - the loot drops and ammo drops are too similar looking and colored...
    07-24-2014 10:10 AM
    Hwqq3-p274f-dxcmy-qvkkx-72wqz
    07-24-2014 02:00 PM
    Anyone getting on around 5:00 pm pst? Please add CJ Anon5
    07-24-2014 03:17 PM
368 1234 ...