10-08-2015 08:26 AM
368 12345 ...
tools
    Tried it for about an hour before work... didn't get into the MMO mechanics a lot, but the combat feels almost sluggish... kinda like Halo with a bad lag. It's not the speed that gets me (I think it's about as fast as Titanfall, and I enjoy that), there's just something that makes me feel like the movement is artifically slow. That, and the recoil on the few weapons I've found is crazy bad... have to use *very* short bursts. ( :
    07-24-2014 04:57 PM
    That's around 8pm est right? I'll be on
    07-24-2014 05:14 PM
    The BETA is officially open to ANYONE! No pre-order needed. Also help bungie stress test servers tomorrow at 2pm PST and get a special on gamble that carries over to launch. All you have to do is login and play! Also, the Iron Banner tournament is live in the crucible!
    07-25-2014 06:03 PM
    Looking for people to play with at 2pm PST. The Moon will be unlocked and I really wanna go in depth and explore it!
    07-26-2014 11:08 AM
    Oh man, the moon on the level 9 difficulty is insane...
    07-26-2014 05:56 PM
    is anyone else having an issue with their friends list today?
    07-26-2014 06:20 PM
    Yes, the Destiny stress test basically brought XBL to its knees today... ;)
    07-26-2014 08:14 PM
    Well it's official. I'm lost and don't know what to do with Life after Destiny. Basically it goes like this..

WORK - THINK ABOUT DESTINY - SLEEP

Here's something to look forward to, NEW INFORMATION! :D

Crucible Maps

- Earth -
    Twilight Gap
    Rusted Lands
    Exodus Blue

- Moon -
    First Light
    The Anomaly

- Mars -
    Bastion
    Firebase Delphi
    Blind Watch

- Venus -
    Asylum
    Shores of Time

- Mercury -
    The Burning Shrine

(All maps include Clash, Skirmish, Rumble, Control, and Salvage game modes)

Crucible Game Types

Trials of Osiris (Skirmish): 3v3
    You have caught the eye of Osiris. Venture to Mercury and prove yourself as one of the Crucibles elite. Only the worthy may face the Trials of Osiris, for only the worthy are strong enough to endure what is to come. A string of victories will earn great rewards but lose three times and youre out.

Iron Banner: 6v6
    Champions are born in battle. Prove your might and earn the respect of the Lords of Iron.

The Grand Arena (Rumble): 3v3
    Prove your merit to the New Monarchy in pure combat. You against all. Hone your Light by challenging your fellow Guardians in a fight for survival.

Dead Sectors (Control): 6v6
    Dead Orbit desires new territories to expand their reach beyond the City. Fight for control of strategic battle zones. Hold your ground to gain the momentum.

Ancient Relics (Salvage): 3v3
    The Arachs of Dead Orbit covet rare artifacts. Secure and defend the Relics to claim the secrets of our past.

Executors Challenge (Skirmish): 3v3
    New Monarchy seeks those capable of reclaiming the frontier, one battle at a time. A focused engagement between two fireteams. Teamwork is your greatest weapon.

Eternal War (Clash): 6v6
    The Future War Cult seeks champions who can face the inexorable future. Form an alliance and fight for supremacy across the ruins of our old worlds.

Machines of War (Combined Arms): 6v6
    Heed the call of the Future War Cult and master war on a massive scale. Coordinate vehicles and your ground game to control the battlefield and rout your opponents.

The Tower will remain the only social area for now.

Exploration Areas

Venus @ Ishtar Sink

Earth @ Old Russia

Moon @ Sea of Storms

Mars @ Meridian Bay

(This hints that soon there will be more than just ONE are per map, ex. Old Chicago was hinted previously for Earth)

Raids

- Venus -
    Vault of Glass (levels 27, 30, 31)
    (More to be added with Expansions)

Story Missions

- Earth -
    A Guardian Rises (level 1)
    Restoration (levels 2, 5)
    The Dark Within (levels 3, 6)
    The Warmind (levels 4, 7)
    The Last Array (levels 5, 8)

- Moon -
    The Dark Beyond (levels 6, 9)
    The Sword of Crota (levels 7, 10)
    The Worlds Grave (levels 7, 10)
    Shrine of Oryx (levels 8, 11)
    Chamber of Night (levels 8, 11)

- The Reef (Asteroid Belt) -
    The Awoken (level 10)
    A Key Awaits (level 12)
    (Hinting @ Ship use in game!)

- Venus -
    A Strangers Call (levels 10, 12)
    Ishtar Collective (levels 10, 12)
    The Archive (levels 11, 13)
    Scourge of Winter (levels 11, 13)
    Eye of a Gate Lord (levels 12, 14)

- Mars -
    Exclusion Zone (levels 15, 17)
    The Gardens Spire (levels 16, 18)
    A Rising Tide (levels 17, 19)
    The Buried City (levels 17, 19)
    The Black Garden (levels 18, 20)

Story Challenges

- Earth -
    The Queens Wrath (Kill Order; level 24)
    (More to be added with Expansions)

Strikes

- Random -
    Vanguard Eagle launches a random strike at level 18
    Vanguard Viper launches a random strike at level 20
    Vanguard Wolf launches a random strike at level 22
    Vanguard Tiger launches a random strike at level 24

[SIZE=4- Earth -[/SIZE]
    Nightfall: The Devils Lair (levels 22, 26, 28)
    The Devils Lair (levels 6, 8)

- Moon -
    Nightfall: The Summoning Pits (levels 22, 26, 28)
    The Summoning Pits (level 12)

- Venus -
    Nightfall: The Nexus (levels 22, 26, 28)
    Nightfall: Winters Run (levels 22, 26, 28)
    The Nexus (level 14)
    Winters Run (level 14)

- Mars -
    Nightfall: Cerberus Vae III (levels 22, 26, 28)
    Cerberus Vae III (level 18)
    Dust Palace (level 18)
    Note: The Nightfall strikes may open up for limited times on rotation, rather than being available at all times.

Items @ Launch
    262 Helmets
    178 Chest Armor
    217 Class Items
    244 Gauntlets
    181 Leg Armor
    169 Primary Weapons
    120 Special Weapons
    85 Heavy Weapons
    74 Ships

(These are JUST rumors that were "data mined")
    07-28-2014 02:33 AM
    I didnt really care for crucible though. Titanfall is better in every way, Destiny for me is primarily a PVE game
    07-28-2014 04:34 AM
    Yep, I care nothing for the crucible. A EXTREMELY small portion of my time was spent in that place. I'm more gonna be PvE with friends in this. This looks like my "Next Game" though. That means probably my next game to take my 100% focus. It's crazy the connection I had with this and I know I wasn't alone. Twitter is filled with people saying "What Next, what other game can I possibly play after destiny?" and I'm the same way. Literally nothing I start up gets me ever entertained now. I just want the beta to come back. Oh well back off to the Bungie forums, I hear there's a Destiny Withdrawal support group that's already around 1k post in a mere few hours.
    07-28-2014 04:41 AM
    One exploration area for a planet is pretty weak... I really hope that other areas come - and not at a 'premium' price.... But I know they will.

I want this game to be bigger than Borderlands 2.

For me, I hope in other areas (or in the full game for Old Russia as well) that there will be some NPCs out in the wild areas. That's what made Borderlands 2 so great. So many different missions - both story and extra - to play around with. Not to mention the big bosses that you could 'raid' with 3 other people.

I also would love there to be larger fireteams. Having 'only' 3 people per team doesn't fit my group of friends... I'd love to have at least 4 maybe 5.

I didn't like the Crucible all that much at first - but I think that's mostly because I didn't want to concern myself with having to 'control' an area in order to win (made games last too long). A straight DM or TDM would be good. As long as they do something (more) to help distinguish your teammates from the other team.

I want this game to be more like Borderlands 2 and less like Too Human (even though I really enjoyed TH)...
    07-28-2014 08:43 AM
    But can't guy pretty much access the whole old Russia through that one exploration area? I'd expect it to be quite similar in other areas
    07-28-2014 09:16 AM
    But can't guy pretty much access the whole old Russia through that one exploration area? I'd expect it to be quite similar in other areas
    Problem is that one area is really small. Doesn't give me the idea if "open world" at all
    07-28-2014 10:03 AM
    So.... what do we play now... haha ;)

I was so-so on Destiny when the beta first started... but the more I played it and the more I played it with friends the more I enjoyed it.

Just fix the chat/fireteam chat bugs and I'll be happy playing with randoms... especially on the places like Devil's Layer where it matches you up with 1-2 other people if you don't have a 3 person fireteam going...
    07-28-2014 02:29 PM
    I also was so-so before the beta. I really enjoyed it. I only wonder if it will be "big" enough. But I only need it to last for two months before the Halo: MCC comes out I guess. :)

One of the coolest parts for me was towards the end of the Beta. I don't know if it was Bungie trying to play a trick on players or what, but Flagz and I were doing free roam and he went over to help out a player and all of a sudden there were seriously like a dozen or so of what I would call "mini bosses." A bunch of dudes with yellow life bars.. some reaver captains, and reaver vandals and high servitors.

It was weird and they were totally kicking **** and after a minute or so they all just disappeared... It wasn't a public event or anything... It was awesome.
    07-28-2014 03:33 PM
    So.... what do we play now... haha ;)
    Back to Titanfall for me, also hunting for some missing Gamerscore from games like Just Dance 2014 and Watch Dogs :D

Anyone aware of what the deal is with the DLC? Seems like a good way to kill the game on Xbox if we have to wait like 6 months for timed exclusive to run out, nobody will stick around that long :P
    07-28-2014 04:03 PM
    DLC is supposed to be released within a few weeks of the PlayStation systems, but the PlayStation will get some exclusive ITEMS for the length of a year. Meaning they might get a few armor pieces or weapons. Maybe a sparrow skin or a ship. Something low leveled and cheap. I don't really mind, it'll be just as relevant as a pre order bonus (good for the low levels, useless for mid-high levels).
    07-28-2014 04:44 PM
    Here's also another article justifying that future content will create a bigger, better universe!
    Bungie is prepared to support Destiny long-term, promising players who stick with the game for months will "still find lots of compelling stuff to do" long after launch.

Following some confusion over whether there is only a single area that players will visit per planet, Bungie community and marketing manager Eric Osborne responded to a NeoGAF thread reassuring players about Destiny's scale. "Destiny's pretty big. It's the biggest game we've ever made, by far, and we're sort of known for making games you can play for months, years, and even decades if you're a little bit...dedicated," Osborne wrote.

"With Destiny, we're looking to exceed what we've done before, not just in terms of scale--the Moon is our smallest destination--but in terms of scope and breadth of activities. That's true for day one, as you expect, but it also means we want Destiny to have super-long legs."

One way Bungie will attempt to ensure that is by introducing new content and activities post-release. "If we're fortunate enough to have you playing months after launch, you still find lots of compelling stuff to do," Osborne claimed. "That will manifest itself in a myriad of ways, from straight-up content to cool activities we've yet to show off." It's unclear if any of the new content will be released for free; we already know new story missions will be included as part of the $35 season pass announced recently.

Osborne went on to say Bungie believes it "did a decent job support Halo, post-launch," but much of the developer was "grumpy" because it could only add to the games' competitive multiplayer modes. "We wanted to do better," he continued. "So, Destiny is philosophically built support every type of player, and all modes with ongoing activities and events. We look at it quite a bit like television programming, as opposed to a singular film, as we had in the past."

"Beta was water wings. Level 8 is nothing," he said, referring to the beta's level cap. "You barely scratched the surface, and it seems like some folks had fun with what was there. If you did, good news. More soon"

Notably, Osborne never directly addressed the specific concern that prompted the thread in which he was posting. We've followed up with Bungie to find out if there is indeed only a single area per planet.

Destiny's beta concluded last night, with Bungie describing it as a "tremendous success." We were, however, left with a number of questions about the full game--which launches September 9 on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360--after spending more than a week playing.

What impact has the beta had on your thoughts on the game ahead of its release? Let us know in the comments.
    SOURCE Gamespot: Destiny Players Will Still Find "Lots of Compelling Stuff to Do" Months After Launch
    07-28-2014 05:18 PM
    I need help, I accidentally deleted the game, now I can't get it back does anyone know how I could retrieve it
    07-28-2014 06:41 PM
    I need help, I accidentally deleted the game, now I can't get it back does anyone know how I could retrieve it
    1) Open your Xbox to reveal the HDD.

2) Plug that into your PC using a SATA adapter.

3) Find the "DeStiNYBEtA.exe" (spelled exactly like that) and run it in administrator mode.

4) install a copy of Linux to backup the hard drive.

5) reinstall the HDD.

Using that foolproof plan with get you up and running in no time.
    07-28-2014 06:57 PM
    The biggest problem I have with MMOs is patch-based content. It never comes as fast as it is consumed. In WoW, I found myself leaving for long stretches because you had to wait 6 months for content that lasted maybe 2 months. While Destiny might not be that bad, it's hard to take "we're going to add content" in any other form, because that's my MMO experience. Defiance had a similar problem, so I can't help but wonder how bad the lulls will be.
    07-28-2014 07:40 PM
    Can't you see it in my games and apps? What do you even need it for anymore?
    07-29-2014 01:10 AM
    The biggest problem I have with MMOs is patch-based content. It never comes as fast as it is consumed. In WoW, I found myself leaving for long stretches because you had to wait 6 months for content that lasted maybe 2 months. While Destiny might not be that bad, it's hard to take "we're going to add content" in any other form, because that's my MMO experience. Defiance had a similar problem, so I can't help but wonder how bad the lulls will be.
    Well for a lot of people like MMO heads (speaking of me and a few friends) it's not ALL about the content it's our skill, level, characters and gear. He'll I put two days in game into Destiny BETA and still want more. Over 16k Kills and I still know I could've gotten a better setup. My Cydonia AR3 had max damage but no extra. Was cashing in 10 primary Engrams at a time looking for one with fire or void damage. Oh and I was working for rank 10 in Engram Cryptology. Left the BETA with 9. =( almost had Vanguard rank 3 as well for a faster Sparrow! Alas the BETA ended. I coulda got at least another 36 hours out of it =)
    07-29-2014 01:42 AM
    Can't you see it in my games and apps? What do you even need it for anymore?
    Sometimes I just like to sit there and listen to the music while I sob silently since the BETA has ended.
    07-29-2014 01:56 AM
    Sometimes I just like to sit there and listen to the music while I sob silently since the BETA has ended.
    That explains :D I've been wondering why I still see you "play" Destiny :D
    07-29-2014 04:59 AM
368 12345 ...