The Official "ADD FOR DESTINY" thread

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
One exploration area for a planet is pretty weak... I really hope that other areas come - and not at a 'premium' price.... But I know they will.

I want this game to be bigger than Borderlands 2.

For me, I hope in other areas (or in the full game for Old Russia as well) that there will be some NPCs out in the wild areas. That's what made Borderlands 2 so great. So many different missions - both story and extra - to play around with. Not to mention the big bosses that you could 'raid' with 3 other people.

I also would love there to be larger fireteams. Having 'only' 3 people per team doesn't fit my group of friends... I'd love to have at least 4 maybe 5.

I didn't like the Crucible all that much at first - but I think that's mostly because I didn't want to concern myself with having to 'control' an area in order to win (made games last too long). A straight DM or TDM would be good. As long as they do something (more) to help distinguish your teammates from the other team.

I want this game to be more like Borderlands 2 and less like Too Human (even though I really enjoyed TH)...

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
But can't guy pretty much access the whole old Russia through that one exploration area? I'd expect it to be quite similar in other areas

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
So.... what do we play now... haha ;)

I was so-so on Destiny when the beta first started... but the more I played it and the more I played it with friends the more I enjoyed it.

Just fix the chat/fireteam chat bugs and I'll be happy playing with randoms... especially on the places like Devil's Layer where it matches you up with 1-2 other people if you don't have a 3 person fireteam going...

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I also was so-so before the beta. I really enjoyed it. I only wonder if it will be "big" enough. But I only need it to last for two months before the Halo: MCC comes out I guess. :)

One of the coolest parts for me was towards the end of the Beta. I don't know if it was Bungie trying to play a trick on players or what, but Flagz and I were doing free roam and he went over to help out a player and all of a sudden there were seriously like a dozen or so of what I would call "mini bosses." A bunch of dudes with yellow life bars.. some reaver captains, and reaver vandals and high servitors.

It was weird and they were totally kicking **** and after a minute or so they all just disappeared... It wasn't a public event or anything... It was awesome.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
So.... what do we play now... haha ;)
Back to Titanfall for me, also hunting for some missing Gamerscore from games like Just Dance 2014 and Watch Dogs :D

Anyone aware of what the deal is with the DLC? Seems like a good way to kill the game on Xbox if we have to wait like 6 months for timed exclusive to run out, nobody will stick around that long :p

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
DLC is supposed to be released within a few weeks of the PlayStation systems, but the PlayStation will get some exclusive ITEMS for the length of a year. Meaning they might get a few armor pieces or weapons. Maybe a sparrow skin or a ship. Something low leveled and cheap. I don't really mind, it'll be just as relevant as a pre order bonus (good for the low levels, useless for mid-high levels).

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Here's also another article justifying that future content will create a bigger, better universe!
Bungie is prepared to support Destiny long-term, promising players who stick with the game for months will "still find lots of compelling stuff to do" long after launch.

Following some confusion over whether there is only a single area that players will visit per planet, Bungie community and marketing manager Eric Osborne responded to a NeoGAF thread reassuring players about Destiny's scale. "Destiny's pretty big. It's the biggest game we've ever made, by far, and we're sort of known for making games you can play for months, years, and even decades if you're a little bit...dedicated," Osborne wrote.

"With Destiny, we're looking to exceed what we've done before, not just in terms of scale--the Moon is our smallest destination--but in terms of scope and breadth of activities. That's true for day one, as you expect, but it also means we want Destiny to have super-long legs."

One way Bungie will attempt to ensure that is by introducing new content and activities post-release. "If we're fortunate enough to have you playing months after launch, you still find lots of compelling stuff to do," Osborne claimed. "That will manifest itself in a myriad of ways, from straight-up content to cool activities we've yet to show off." It's unclear if any of the new content will be released for free; we already know new story missions will be included as part of the $35 season pass announced recently.

Osborne went on to say Bungie believes it "did a decent job support Halo, post-launch," but much of the developer was "grumpy" because it could only add to the games' competitive multiplayer modes. "We wanted to do better," he continued. "So, Destiny is philosophically built support every type of player, and all modes with ongoing activities and events. We look at it quite a bit like television programming, as opposed to a singular film, as we had in the past."

"Beta was water wings. Level 8 is nothing," he said, referring to the beta's level cap. "You barely scratched the surface, and it seems like some folks had fun with what was there. If you did, good news. More soon"

Notably, Osborne never directly addressed the specific concern that prompted the thread in which he was posting. We've followed up with Bungie to find out if there is indeed only a single area per planet.

Destiny's beta concluded last night, with Bungie describing it as a "tremendous success." We were, however, left with a number of questions about the full game--which launches September 9 on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360--after spending more than a week playing.

What impact has the beta had on your thoughts on the game ahead of its release? Let us know in the comments.
SOURCE Gamespot: Destiny Players Will Still Find "Lots of Compelling Stuff to Do" Months After Launch

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I need help, I accidentally deleted the game, now I can't get it back does anyone know how I could retrieve it

1) Open your Xbox to reveal the HDD.

2) Plug that into your PC using a SATA adapter.

3) Find the "DeStiNYBEtA.exe" (spelled exactly like that) and run it in administrator mode.

4) install a copy of Linux to backup the hard drive.

5) reinstall the HDD.

Using that foolproof plan with get you up and running in no time.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The biggest problem I have with MMOs is patch-based content. It never comes as fast as it is consumed. In WoW, I found myself leaving for long stretches because you had to wait 6 months for content that lasted maybe 2 months. While Destiny might not be that bad, it's hard to take "we're going to add content" in any other form, because that's my MMO experience. Defiance had a similar problem, so I can't help but wonder how bad the lulls will be.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
The biggest problem I have with MMOs is patch-based content. It never comes as fast as it is consumed. In WoW, I found myself leaving for long stretches because you had to wait 6 months for content that lasted maybe 2 months. While Destiny might not be that bad, it's hard to take "we're going to add content" in any other form, because that's my MMO experience. Defiance had a similar problem, so I can't help but wonder how bad the lulls will be.
Well for a lot of people like MMO heads (speaking of me and a few friends) it's not ALL about the content it's our skill, level, characters and gear. He'll I put two days in game into Destiny BETA and still want more. Over 16k Kills and I still know I could've gotten a better setup. My Cydonia AR3 had max damage but no extra. Was cashing in 10 primary Engrams at a time looking for one with fire or void damage. Oh and I was working for rank 10 in Engram Cryptology. Left the BETA with 9. =( almost had Vanguard rank 3 as well for a faster Sparrow! Alas the BETA ended. I coulda got at least another 36 hours out of it =)

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
That explains :D I've been wondering why I still see you "play" Destiny :D
The feels are real. I've never had so much fun in a game. I actually started up every game in my Xbox One Library only to end up with the thought that they weren't good enough. I can't even play Halo 2 anymore without feeling unsatisfied. Sucks man. I tried spawning a ghost to spawn a sparrow to make it to work to no avail. It's gonna be a seriously long wait.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Man, that's deep, bro. I guess something's wrong with me nowadays, considering how everyone here loves Titanfall, and I'm just so-so with it. Then, everyone here AND on two other forums I go to is talking up how amazing Destiny is, while I thought it was pretty bad. The only game I've ever missed was WoW, really, and that's because I can't bring myself to spend $15/month to go back to that game, so I missed out on a lot of stuff. Otherwise, I'm not one for the separation anxiety with a game, haha.

It's only 5 weeks, you'll make it.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Man, that's deep, bro. I guess something's wrong with me nowadays, considering how everyone here loves Titanfall, and I'm just so-so with it. Then, everyone here AND on two other forums I go to is talking up how amazing Destiny is, while I thought it was pretty bad. The only game I've ever missed was WoW, really, and that's because I can't bring myself to spend $15/month to go back to that game, so I missed out on a lot of stuff. Otherwise, I'm not one for the separation anxiety with a game, haha.

It's only 5 weeks, you'll make it.
Seriously man, you'll me a bit to realize that I'm not that crazy. Me and my friend Billy thought we were alone with how we felt till we went to bungies forums and realized how many people felt how we felt.

On a side note, you should be a video game critic. You give good honest reviews.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Keith - I started out thinking, eh... this is alright. But after playing with a few friends I got the Borderlands 2 feeling again and dove in head first. It's a game that needs to be played with others. When you're not playing with others it's still OK, but not nearly as fun (IMO).

I fired up Titanfall last night. Had a ton of fun with it. That game is so much better now than when it was released. I still can't get gooser kills though... grr...

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
That's funny, about TF. I got Gooser kills rather easily (maybe half a dozen or so) during my first couple of gens. After hearing that they were for a challenge later on, I started trying to get them, and I couldn't. I haven't played in a month or so because I haven't had anyone to play with (THAT is a game I need others to play with to enjoy), but I think I had 1 or 2 in that gen, so I need 3-4 more to finish for the regen. IDK, it's been so long I don't even remember.

I'm sure Destiny is better with friends, every game is. My thing is that I play it, and just wish they did that with Borderlands. Plenty of folks don't care for the humor in that series, but I like most of it. I play Destiny, and I get a Borderlands feel, but it doesn't feel as good. The more I think about it, the more I start to realize my issues with the game though, I think. Like I said, there isn't much of an MMO feel about Destiny to me. Something that I've just started to realize is how claustrophobic the game felt, compared to other RPGs and MMOs. Of course, a big part of that is the fact that we only got a small piece of a beta.

However, the problem is that when I think of Borderlands or Skyrim or Fallout or a proper MMO like WoW or Defiance, I think about the size of the world. Now, Borderlands was helped by a LOT of loading screens, as was Fallout, and Skyrim wasn't seamless or massive, but I didn't feel like there was any Freedom with Destiny. Old Russia seemed small, and you were often guided through a narrow corridor or room, with little room to explore. That just took it from an MMO to another FPS for me. I still might get it after its first price drop, but I still feel more excited for other games coming close to its release, and I don't want to throw a crapload of money at games when I won't have time to play them all at once.

Meanwhile, I've never like many strategy games, and certainly not turn-based ones on PC. Yet what is the only game I've played of late? Civ V.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99