The Official "ADD FOR DESTINY" thread

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
To my knowledge that is just the PVP content in general. One of those maps may be timed exclusive to PS4, but not the game modes to my understanding. As far as I understood most of that is just the basic game, but since Destiny was only talked about on Sony's show, it might come off as if it had something to actually do with PS4 specifically :p

Okay, thanks so much for all your and Flagz's feedback. I made my mind, and I'm getting the Wii U version! Oh wait, I meant the PC version. Wait, they don't make either? I guess I'll get the Xbox One version. ;)

blindfromthesun

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Still deciding whether to get it for my PS4 or Xbox One. Exclusive content or better controller (I prefer the X1's controller)? Hmm...

I choose X1. Prefer the controller, more friends and I hate console exclusive items- ill buy the other version if only to show my lack of interest in exclusive stuff. Sony pulled the same crap with Diablo 3. These "exclusives" are low level stuff that you'll forget about after they become out classed by higher level equipment and loot.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I choose X1. Prefer the controller, more friends and I hate console exclusive items- ill buy the other version if only to show my lack of interest in exclusive stuff. Sony pulled the same crap with Diablo 3. These "exclusives" are low level stuff that you'll forget about after they become out classed by higher level equipment and loot.

To be fair, Xbox has that too. BF4, Call of Duty, making Tomb Raider an exclusive, etc.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Coreldan and I were talking during the Sony conference yesterday and we both noticed how the Bungie guys kept trying to 'circumvent' the language of exclusivity with Sony.

I think there was a point where they said, "We've got a whole bunch of timed exclusive stuff come your way.... here's stuff that EVERYONE is getting..."

As long as Destiny doesn't turn into the craziness that Watch_Dogs is/was than it'll be fine. I could care less about one strike mission that may last 20 minutes or a couple of potentially low-level gear being exclusive to Sony consoles.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Coreldan and I were talking during the Sony conference yesterday and we both noticed how the Bungie guys kept trying to 'circumvent' the language of exclusivity with Sony.

I think there was a point where they said, "We've got a whole bunch of timed exclusive stuff come your way.... here's stuff that EVERYONE is getting..."

As long as Destiny doesn't turn into the craziness that Watch_Dogs is/was than it'll be fine. I could care less about one strike mission that may last 20 minutes or a couple of potentially low-level gear being exclusive to Sony consoles.

Watchdogs just got those side missions, right? The CTRL, ALT, DEL, etc missions?

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

Yep literally towards the end it was so confusing he said "And out timed exclusives doesn't end there, we have two expansions in the works. Each introducing brand new competitive and cooperative adventures and weapons and armor and player gear. Today I have the privilege to announce that Expansion one will launch for everyone in December!"

I was so confused man, so lost.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Yep literally towards the end it was so confusing he said "And out timed exclusives doesn't end there, we have two expansions in the works. Each introducing brand new competitive and cooperative adventures and weapons and armor and player gear. Today I have the privilege to announce that Expansion one will launch for everyone in December!"I was so confused man, so lost.
Exactly lol, I went like "WTF did that dude just say?" to ncxcstud on Facebook. With the start of that sentence about timed exclusives and the expansions I was like "oh dear, so it's true, we get screwed out of the DLC" and then he says "...to everyone" :D

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Exactly lol, I went like "WTF did that dude just say?" to ncxcstud on Facebook. With the start of that sentence about timed exclusives and the expansions I was like "oh dear, so it's true, we get screwed out of the DLC" and then he says "...to everyone" :D
Guess that's just Sony trying to hard to show off and bad teleprompter skills or text. Lol yeah seriously, and I thought maybe he was wrong (maybe it was timed exclusive) so I checked news stories right after and it does indeed come out for all.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
The dude was pretty bad at the presentation anyways, constantly reading from the teleprompter, but I dunno what explains that weird sentence.

Anthony112409p

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys! I know I am a little late to the thread (relatively new to WPCentral) but I am here to add my gamertag to the mix. My gamertag is HarbingerOfAres ADD ME!

I played the beta (all of the paltry 4 days Xbox One was allowed), and while Bungie has not exactly endeared themselves to me with all of the preferential PS4 treatment (I know, I know...it's just business) I must say that I have not had so much fun playing a game since Halo. So... I am getting it on launch day! I hope to see many of you there.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys! I know I am a little late to the thread (relatively new to WPCentral) but I am here to add my gamertag to the mix. My gamertag is HarbingerOfAres ADD ME!

I played the beta (all of the paltry 4 days Xbox One was allowed), and while Bungie has not exactly endeared themselves to me with all of the preferential PS4 treatment (I know, I know...it's just business) I must say that I have not had so much fun playing a game since Halo. So... I am getting it on launch day! I hope to see many of you there.
It's ok your still on time! The real game didn't start yet. The beta was just a tease =)

Anthony112409p

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I've added everybody! Oh and btw my location is listed as 'unknown', so I will just say that I am definitely in North America... Texas, to be a little more exact. Sitting in 100+ degree weather. Fun stuff.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I have the Surface Pro 3 coming at the end of the month, so that sorta keeps me waiting more at the moment :D Should keep me busy :D

Sadly I'm pretty much gone from home for 2 days starting on the day Destiny launches :/

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
19 more days and I can't wait. I sat in front of the Monitor on the Beta app and sobbed again. Looked at my old videos and whatnot. I feel like it's been a few months since my last gaming experience. No game is filling the void yet, nothing's fun anymore.

Anthony112409p

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
19 more days and I can't wait. I sat in front of the Monitor on the Beta app and sobbed again. Looked at my old videos and whatnot. I feel like it's been a few months since my last gaming experience. No game is filling the void yet, nothing's fun anymore.

I think, possibly...maybe, you might be just a little too excited for this game :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs