10-08-2015 09:26 AM
368 123 ...
tools

Would you like to join a Clan full of Windows Central Members? Sign up on Bungie.net using the same Windows Live ID you sign into your Account with then click the Link Below to join now!
    PLEASE NOTE, After you join the "Group" via Bungie's website, you must also click the interact button and set it as clan if it doesn't set by default (usually doesn't!)

WINDOWS CENTRAL ONLINE
    (Click Above)

Welcome fellow WPCentral users and thank your for enlisting! I think it's that time again! Another major multiplayer release!

On this page you'll find a dedicated list for your fellow members that are ready for Destiny/Destiny Beta.
    Request to be added by posting your appropriate gamertag and location, and allow me 48 hours to update the list.
    Hope the next time we communicate is on the battlefield!

In order for our army to stay at MAXIMUM efficiency,
    you as an individual must follow AS MANY USERS as possible.
    If they're only following you, you wont receive notifications of sign on!
    WPCentral USERS
    Gamertag (Username)

- NORTH AMERICA -
    the teams Flag (Flagz)
    GeneralSham (Sam Sabri)
    techpastorm (ncxcstud)
    JamesDax3 (JamesDax3)
    cjp1769 (zhris)
    BlindandCynical (MobileVortex)
    Barnstormer (tk-093)
    ReconVirus (ReconVirus)
    unstoppablekem (unstoppablekem)
    HarbingerOfAres (Anthony112409p)
    BigPete7978 (BigPete7978)
    ZpainiacZ (PainiacZ)
    SmashBoxTwenty (SmashBoxTwenty)
    mase123987 (mase123987)
    alaskanjacksons (alaskanjacksons)
    brian0271 (reddog271)
    Selcouth14 (selcouth14)
    prjkthack (prjkthack)
    derekdemed (DerekDeMedeiros)
    UncleVan56 (hbelton)
    ThirstyJester19 (weaverly)
    Nuffsaid14 (yellowbeer)
    EpidemikE (EpidemikE1)
    IRONCLADLOU (JotaKa)
    LAWLS (ciddigi)
    SPECIES8472 XgN (species8472xgn)
    Windows7freak01 (Windows7freak01)
    soapbox3000 (SoapBox3000)
    PhiREflY (phirefly)
    daddymassacre (daddymassacre)
    AnaholaMakai (WPAnaloha)
    toknblak (TokenBlack)
    PhireSun GHz (phiresun)
    TallAssRob (TallAssRob)
    Gimper77 (Gimper77)
    brot2ubyQ (pqharrington)
    Vee Love (Vee Love)
    DatManWolf (DatManWolf)
    LeGnDs NeVa DiE (ReggieM)
    AdRock05 (HckrAdm2005)
    Pass1001 (pass11)
    SevenDead1ySinz (SevenDead1ySinz)
    playalien (playalien)
    MrGameover813 (ether813)
    Yggdron88 (yggdron)
    Bridge Fan (zho40)
    agentlumia (agentcyan)
    UpJumpTheBoogie (tbolt76)
    Dark3stWhite (darkest.white)
    luisvasz (luisvase)
    EquesASpe (bittercold)
    JPDVM360 (JPDVM2014)
    cjp1769 (zhris)
    curseoftheninja (curseoftheninja)
    Mekerite (koolnaija)
    TrggrHppyT (travislicious)

- EUROPE -
    Coreldan (Coreldan)
    Tommikovski (tommikovski)
    GearDoGi (GearDoGi)
    DJRedLine (DJRedLine)
    N88NDA (RN50)
    ADDZ777 (addz777)
    Zicozz (zicoz)
    KRS21 (KRS_21)
    phreekster (phreekster)
    JValgur (jvalgur)
    eepyaich (eepyaich)
    areejo (Wokia)
    IzaacJ (IzaacJ)
    D1ABLO 360 (Br1an_g)

- SOUTH AMERICA -
    WILLIAN O SALES (Willian Sales)

- ASIA -
    nikrolls (Nik Rolls)
    jargonz (jargonz)

- AUSTRALIA -
    Sin Ogaris (Sin Ogaris)

- UNITED ARAB EMIRATES -
    mustafarefaii (mustafarefaii)

- UNKNOWN -
    MiichDragneel (MichealMarcuz)
    thesupremeblack (The_All_Blacks)
    TonyTyga90 (Planblover08)

In order for our army to stay at MAXIMUM efficiency,
    you as an individual must follow AS MANY USERS as possible.
    If they're only following you, you wont receive notifications of sign on!

I will add more countries once needed.
    Last edited by Flagz; 10-26-2014 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Added & Fixed List & Made Clan more distinguished in OP.
    Sam Sabri and MobileVortex like this.
    07-16-2014 08:06 PM
    Figured this should finally be posted - Alpha is coming soon. This is the XBOX ONE forum, so please contain it to the XBOX ONE Friends list. You can however discuss tips and tricks in here though, since they are universal!
    07-16-2014 08:12 PM
    I'll be on there (especially for the beta) - techpastorm
    07-16-2014 09:26 PM
    I've finally decided I'm passing on this game...I think. They're not putting their companion app on Windows Phone. The beta is 10 days on Sony platforms, 3 days on Microsoft ones. Sony gets timed-exclusive content. I feel like buying the game involves missing out on too much. I'll probably look into it at $40, if the reviews are really good, but it's beyond launch-purchase territory for me now.
    07-16-2014 09:46 PM
    I've finally decided I'm passing on this game...I think. They're not putting their companion app on Windows Phone. The beta is 10 days on Sony platforms, 3 days on Microsoft ones. Sony gets timed-exclusive content. I feel like buying the game involves missing out on too much. I'll probably look into it at $40, if the reviews are really good, but it's beyond launch-purchase territory for me now.
    Fair enough, see you when it goes on sale!
    07-16-2014 10:00 PM
    I'll be on there (especially for the beta) - techpastorm
    Ahh, it's gonna be good to game with you again ! Beta for me as well and I can't wait. This games gonna be fantastic especially for communities like ourselves!

Every gameplay video I see makes me want it that much more. It has a lot of appeal for casuals and more competitive matches for people like me as well. See us there!
    07-16-2014 11:29 PM
    Gonna be there for beta too, but launch I will likely mostly play with my RL friends though, but here's my gamertag anyways: Coreldan (Europe)
    Flagz likes this.
    07-17-2014 06:41 AM
    Gonna be there for beta too, but launch I will likely mostly play with my RL friends though, but here's my gamertag anyways: Coreldan (Europe)
    I'm gonna be mainly playing with my two best friends, but cycling people for raids off FL. The more the merrier in games like this. To many people can't hurt.
    07-17-2014 07:06 AM
    Being that those who preorder get 3 codes, I don't see the issue with trying our the beta. Because more than likely you'll get it for free.

If its like Borderlands 2 I'll be extremely happy. That game is fun. I'm using the beta to determine if I want the game or not...
    Flagz likes this.
    07-17-2014 08:02 AM
    Being that those who preorder get 3 codes, I don't see the issue with trying our the beta. Because more than likely you'll get it for free.

If its like Borderlands 2 I'll be extremely happy. That game is fun. I'm using the beta to determine if I want the game or not...
    I want a Borderlands 2 type game with a Halo-esque feel and more matured environment, I just could never take Borderlands serious, I purchased it FOUR TIMES and STILL barely got past the first two hours because it's so bland to me. I really hope Destiny gets it right.
    SmashBoxTwenty likes this.
    07-17-2014 08:15 AM

I haven't looked at it much, but what I saw didn't seem really Borderlands-esque. If anything, it was more like a FPS version of Defiance, though that was a solid game (limited by the power of the old consoles). I like Borderlands for its humor and odd storytelling (though not so much with the art style), which this doesn't carry.
    07-17-2014 10:28 AM
    I haven't looked at it much, but what I saw didn't seem really Borderlands-esque. If anything, it was more like a FPS version of Defiance, though that was a solid game (limited by the power of the old consoles). I like Borderlands for its humor and odd storytelling (though not so much with the art style), which this doesn't carry.
    I think it takes a good majority from both games. It's truly Bungies most ambitious project. This has the chance to be another Halo (polished, mastered, highly played) title, or Defiance (Great, Overlooked, unfinished) title. Time will tell.but it does look promising. It's gonna be a MASSIVE seller, now let's see if Bungie can once again hold the Hype.
    07-17-2014 11:04 AM
    I'll also have a few keys to give out on 23rd.
    07-17-2014 01:03 PM
    I'll also have a few keys to give out on 23rd.
    Same. Hopefully we can get some people who couldn't pre order at least attempt to play!
    07-17-2014 04:23 PM
    If someone wants to give me one, I'll absolutely join, and it might change my mind. There isn't a whole lot coming soon to play, with everything I want before Halo being sports/racing, except for Sunset Overdrive.
    07-17-2014 10:20 PM
    I think it takes a good majority from both games. It's truly Bungies most ambitious project. This has the chance to be another Halo (polished, mastered, highly played) title, or Defiance (Great, Overlooked, unfinished) title. Time will tell.but it does look promising. It's gonna be a MASSIVE seller, now let's see if Bungie can once again hold the Hype.
    Yeah, I both have high expectations but a lot of hesitancy for this game. I'm not sure than an MMO will work on consoles because their player base seems to be more into short-term commitments. Bungie is going to have to do better than any other MMO (WoW included) on the content addition front. If they're slow with DLC, and they start charging like crazy for it, the game will die. What they need is a WoW-like patch model, rather than a Season Pass, I think. The real key is that you can't do a Destiny, Destiny 2, Destiny 3 thing. They have to do expansions to keep people committed and interested in the story. Resetting a character in an MMO is a killer, I think. I never went to another MMO other than WoW because I hate the MMORPG leveling process, so they really should make subsequent releases expansions, not standalone titles. The only issue is how they can pull that off, because it's never been done on a console.

I seriously think that Defiance was screwed by the generation and show timelines. The consoles couldn't run the game to save their lives. Now, they're not on the current consoles, and will bleed the small user base on consoles as they migrate to the new consoles. That, and they've shown no intention to carry the game into the show's second season. They could MAYBE salvage it a little by re-releasing and revamping the game on the new consoles, where the hardware can run the game (especially since Microsoft can offer the proper networking infrastructure). I'm thinking about installing that game on PC because I really liked it, and it's now free-to-play.
    07-17-2014 10:29 PM
    Yeah, I both have high expectations but a lot of hesitancy for this game. I'm not sure than an MMO will work on consoles because their player base seems to be more into short-term commitments. Bungie is going to have to do better than any other MMO (WoW included) on the content addition front. If they're slow with DLC, and they start charging like crazy for it, the game will die. What they need is a WoW-like patch model, rather than a Season Pass, I think. The real key is that you can't do a Destiny, Destiny 2, Destiny 3 thing. They have to do expansions to keep people committed and interested in the story. Resetting a character in an MMO is a killer, I think. I never went to another MMO other than WoW because I hate the MMORPG leveling process, so they really should make subsequent releases expansions, not standalone titles. The only issue is how they can pull that off, because it's never been done on a console.

I seriously think that Defiance was screwed by the generation and show timelines. The consoles couldn't run the game to save their lives. Now, they're not on the current consoles, and will bleed the small user base on consoles as they migrate to the new consoles. That, and they've shown no intention to carry the game into the show's second season. They could MAYBE salvage it a little by re-releasing and revamping the game on the new consoles, where the hardware can run the game (especially since Microsoft can offer the proper networking infrastructure). I'm thinking about installing that game on PC because I really liked it, and it's now free-to-play.
    Exactly. I think this is gonna be a great game played for a very very long time, but I think the support will end in under 2 years. Who knows, with mass adoption it might be seriously stressed and glitchy. We'll have to see I guess considering the crucible could at least expand the lifetime for Pub Stars (matchmaking kids).
    07-17-2014 10:39 PM
    Well people be sure to start adding up for Destiny! I'm working 8 days straight with two 12 hour shifts so I can have the 23rd - 27th off! So it's official, I'm going to have AT LEAST 50+ Hours of BETA time! #EXCITED
    07-20-2014 05:27 PM
    Exactly. I think this is gonna be a great game played for a very very long time, but I think the support will end in under 2 years. Who knows, with mass adoption it might be seriously stressed and glitchy. We'll have to see I guess considering the crucible could at least expand the lifetime for Pub Stars (matchmaking kids).
    Why is everyone always "kids" to you?:D "Xbox kids", "matchmaking kids", etc :P
    07-21-2014 02:44 AM
    Why is everyone always "kids" to you?:D "Xbox kids", "matchmaking kids", etc :P
    No idea really. Just how me and my good Xbox Live friends address people lol
    07-21-2014 03:09 AM
    If anyone has a code they can spare for me i would truly appreciate it. This game has been largely off my radar and would like to try it out.

GT: BlindandCynical
    07-21-2014 09:40 AM
    I haven't gotten any email but all of my friends are signed up so I'll be sure to shoot you a code as well!
    07-21-2014 08:09 PM
    Codes don't go out until tomorrow - the 23rd. The Beta on XBOX One officially begins at 10am pacific (or 1pm eastern). Hopefully codes won't be released right at that time - so then the servers are jammed and nobody gets to 'officially' play it until later that day. We'll see though.
    07-22-2014 10:49 AM
    Codes don't go out until tomorrow - the 23rd. The Beta on XBOX One officially begins at 10am pacific (or 1pm eastern). Hopefully codes won't be released right at that time - so then the servers are jammed and nobody gets to 'officially' play it until later that day. We'll see though.
    Yeah I saw that on the FAQ right after I posted that last post. I hope it doesn't jam the servers. I plan on posting add long as I can lol.. We'll see I guess
    07-22-2014 04:04 PM
    I got extra codes RIGHT NOW. Message me for them!
    07-22-2014 06:29 PM
368 123 ...