08-30-2017 01:33 PM
505 ... 1718192021
tools
    It won't. IF DX12 is implemented on both consoles, then the PS4 will benefit from stronger hardware specs. DX12 has a few cool features that offloads CPU loads to the GPU. Great for computers running epic graphics cards. Less so for consoles running low end stuff. Otherwise... Not much will be gained, and that's assuming either console will update to DX12.

Microsoft said no DX12 for PS4
    Avi Anand likes this.
    03-23-2015 06:42 AM
    Simplest fact about them is
    1. They both are gaming console.
    2. And games decide what to buy.
    3. And about features, PS4 have one of coolest feature that a gaming console ever have: SHARING.
    4. Xbox features are all rounder entrainment where as PS4 features focused on the games.
    5. Both game consoles have pros and cons. None of them are perfect.
    6. There is no universal saying that this console is the best.
    7. Users need decide which one is better for them.
    1. Neither of them are gaming consoles. They're both entertainment consoles. Both Sony and Microsoft have acknowledged that people use them more for non-gaming purposes than for gaming purposes, it's just that Xbox One has way more entertainment features. So, I choose Xbox.
    2. Yes, and Xbox One has more AAA exclusives than PS4, so I choose Xbox.
    3. Most publishers are blocking that sharing feature. I find Xbox One's features much more useful: HDMI-in, IR blaster, Skype, snap mode, Upload Studio, voice and gesture navigation, Kinect, etc. So, I choose Xbox.
    4. Xbox One has more entertainment features and more gameplay features and more AAA exclusives, so it's not accurate to say that PS4 is "focused on games" just because it falls short everywhere else, especially since Xbox One beats it in games too. So, I choose Xbox.
    5. Yep, it's just that the Xbox One has more pros than the PS4. So, I choose Xbox.
    6. No one is saying one console is "the best"; we're saying the Xbox One is better than the PS4.
    7. I did. I chose Xbox One.
    FearL0rd likes this.
    03-23-2015 08:03 AM
    Microsoft said no DX12 for PS4
    Microsoft has no control over what Sony does with the PS4. Both consoles use AMD's Graphic Core Next architecture. Meaning both consoles theoretically have the ability to run DX12. I doubt either will.
    03-23-2015 01:30 PM
    Microsoft has no control over what Sony does with the PS4. Both consoles use AMD's Graphic Core Next architecture. Meaning both consoles theoretically have the ability to run DX12. I doubt either will.

They just don't license DX12 to sony and PS4 will not have it
    Last edited by FearL0rd; 03-23-2015 at 01:54 PM.
    03-23-2015 01:31 PM
    They just don't license DX12 to sony and PS4 will not have it
    You are gonna have to give me a source on that. And it doesn't change the fact that DX12 is feasible on both consoles since both of them use AMD's GCN architecture. And it hardly changes the fact that a purchasing decision shouldn't be made based on hardware, but rather on relative preferences.
    03-23-2015 05:03 PM
    You are gonna have to give me a source on that. And it doesn't change the fact that DX12 is feasible on both consoles since both of them use AMD's GCN architecture. And it hardly changes the fact that a purchasing decision shouldn't be made based on hardware, but rather on relative preferences.

Microsoft said DX12 only on Windows10... You have to prove me
    03-23-2015 05:05 PM
    Microsoft said DX12 only on Windows10... You have to prove me
    Burden of proof rests with you. You are the one who made the statement that MS won't allow Sony to use DX12. I could repeat what I said, but I'm not sure I can simplify it anymore.

tl;dr: Both consoles are indeed depressing in terms of power. While we can hope for a magical AMD type solution of introducing large gains through driver updates, DX12 will not be the magic bullet the X1 will need to slaughter the PS4.
    03-23-2015 09:35 PM
    AMD: DirectX 12 will finally unlock the true potential of your multi-core CPU

100b.jpg

100f.jpg

100h.jpg

193273_original.jpg
    rex.reyesiii likes this.
    03-24-2015 06:46 AM
    Burden of proof rests with you. You are the one who made the statement that MS won't allow Sony to use DX12. I could repeat what I said, but I'm not sure I can simplify it anymore.

tl;dr: Both consoles are indeed depressing in terms of power. While we can hope for a magical AMD type solution of introducing large gains through driver updates, DX12 will not be the magic bullet the X1 will need to slaughter the PS4.
    DirectX 12 confirmed as Windows 10 exclusive, AMD and Nvidia go head-to-head | ExtremeTech
    coip likes this.
    03-24-2015 06:49 AM
    03-29-2015 09:30 AM
    After todays e3. Im happy with my Xbone. Sorry Sony

Ordeith likes this.
    06-15-2015 09:15 PM
    Yea Microsoft is starting to show a trend of making current products already out better and better every month with new software updates & features

The Xbox One seems to get better and better every month
    06-15-2015 09:48 PM
    Does the Xbox one support 4k gaming? Even somewhat slim Pc's can do it smoothly, I don't see why a giant chunky box can't lol
    06-15-2015 09:50 PM
    Does the Xbox one support 4k gaming? Even somewhat slim Pc's can do it smoothly, I don't see why a giant chunky box can't lol
    Do it with 349.00$ pc
    06-15-2015 10:39 PM
    Microsoft owned Sony at E3 this year (and last year too, for that matter), but all you see online is Sony fanboys claiming otherwise (who, I'm guessing, didn't even watch the Microsoft conference, otherwise, I feel like I'm living in the Twilight Zone where everyone else is crazy).

It's like Sony invested more money in paying shills online than in actually having a decent E3. I've been following E3 for decades. Never missed a single one. And this was one of the weakest conferences I've ever seen. It was essentially them having nothing substantial coming soon so they slurped up the sloppy seconds from Xbox that is Call of Duty, finally showed footage of a game they announced a fricken decade ago, showed off one new IP that isn't coming any time soon, showed off a remake of a 20-year-old non-exclusive game, and provided a link to a Kickstarter game that has never been on a Playstation console and is more associated with Xbox.

Meanwhile, Microsoft demoed a ton of AAA exclusives that are coming THIS YEAR of huge franchises (Halo 5, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Forza Motorsport 6, Fable Legends, Gigantic), announced brand new IP (Sea of Thieves, ReCore), announced excellently priced value games (Gears of War Ultimate, Rare Replay), announced a new controller, backwards compatibility, modding, early access, free games (Fallout 3 with Fallout 4, EA Access unlimited for a week), new partnerships (VR stuff), and then revealed one of the most impressive demos any of us have ever seen, ever, in the HoloLens Minecraft. Seriously. Microsoft showed us holographic gaming--HOLOGRAPHIC GAMING!

But, hey, let's completely ignore all that and extol Sony for the weakest showing in years, highlighted by a game that won't come out for 2.5 more years (which now seems like nothing compared to the decade-long wait of the Last Guardians--but I guess they're just trying to live up to the Greatness aWaits slogan...).
    06-16-2015 02:34 PM
    IIRC there are plans for a 4k ready XB1 circa Xmas... The current crop of consoles (PS4 inc.) do not support native 4k (wrong HDMI ports).

I agree E3 was good for MS this year, finally bring exciting rather than playing it safe like in the past.
    07-01-2015 04:18 AM
    Utter guff, both consoles are capable of 4k playback.

Rendering games in 4k though.....
    07-07-2015 09:54 AM
    Current consoles are HDMI 1.4, rumour of HDMI 2.0 consoles being worked to support 4k tvs better.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/hdmi-2-0-vs-1-4

Can't find the original piece relating to a new updated set of consoles annoyingly.
    07-09-2015 09:28 AM
    Current consoles are HDMI 1.4, rumour of HDMI 2.0 consoles being worked to support 4k tvs better.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/hdmi-2-0-vs-1-4

Can't find the original piece relating to a new updated set of consoles annoyingly.
    Don't bother, no credible source.
    From hdmi.org:

"The HDMI 1.4 specification adds support for extremely high video resolutions that go far beyond todays 1080p systems. 4K is shorthand for 4,000 lines wide by 2,000 lines high, or roughly four times the resolution of a 1080p display. The term actually covers two formats, both supported in the HDMI 1.4 specification:
    3840 pixels wide by 2160 pixels high
    4096 pixels wide by 2160 pixels high"

So, tl;dr: Both consoles support 4k output, but it depends on what it's outputting..
    07-12-2015 03:10 PM
    Uh its not a lot more powerful, hell with the cloud its probably less powerful than the X1
    09-11-2015 11:01 PM
    Dude are you delusional DX12 is a microsoft api this has nothing to do with sony does with its console but microsoft controls where it goes.
    09-11-2015 11:05 PM
    i didn't read the article you provided but from what I remember hdmi1.4 can support 4k but only at 24hz. Hdmi 2.0 goes to 60hz anything above you need display port. Anyway I think this would only be used to output 4k movies and not games (doubt xbone or ps4 can handle 4k gaming)
    Also of topic but i've got my Xbone yesterday and couldn't be happier with it. could anyone recomend good games with really strong storyline I'm talking ones like alan wake, witcher or last of us (never played this game but this was single title which made me hesitate between xbone and ps4)
    01-07-2016 06:05 PM
    i didn't read the article you provided but from what I remember hdmi1.4 can support 4k but only at 24hz. Hdmi 2.0 goes to 60hz anything above you need display port. Anyway I think this would only be used to output 4k movies and not games (doubt xbone or ps4 can handle 4k gaming)
    Also of topic but i've got my Xbone yesterday and couldn't be happier with it. could anyone recomend good games with really strong storyline I'm talking ones like alan wake, witcher or last of us (never played this game but this was single title which made me hesitate between xbone and ps4)
    Dying Light is the best story I've played on my Xbox One thus far. "Strong storyline" is also a hard thing to interpret. Sunset Overdrive has really interesting characters, but the main story is kind of a cheap, silly thing that's not a big deal. Halo 5 has a decent general story, but its intricacies (characters, main antagonist, length) are pretty bad. Watch_Dogs is OK, not great. People have said really good things about Wolfenstein: The New Order and Metro: Redux. The Witcher 3 also got high marks.
    rafal soboczynski likes this.
    01-10-2016 09:43 PM
    I liked Ryse:Son of Rome. It was a release title so you should be able to get it on the cheap now, too.
    Have you had a 360/PS3? The Talltale series of episodic games are good, if you haven't experienced them already.
    rafal soboczynski likes this.
    01-10-2016 10:33 PM
    I liked Ryse:Son of Rome. It was a release title so you should be able to get it on the cheap now, too.

Have you had a 360/PS3? The Talltale series of episodic games are good, if you haven't experienced them already.
    For the record, Ryse is $15 at Toys R Us this week, it's the Legendary Edition with all of the DLC.
    01-11-2016 09:05 AM
505 ... 1718192021