Live

Black Friday deal team is live right now!

Check out the hottest Black Friday Deals!

Expand Minimize
08-30-2017 02:33 PM
505 ... 18192021
tools
    Dying Light is the best story I've played on my Xbox One thus far. "Strong storyline" is also a hard thing to interpret. Sunset Overdrive has really interesting characters, but the main story is kind of a cheap, silly thing that's not a big deal. Halo 5 has a decent general story, but its intricacies (characters, main antagonist, length) are pretty bad. Watch_Dogs is OK, not great. People have said really good things about Wolfenstein: The New Order and Metro: Redux. The Witcher 3 also got high marks.
    I've watched some dying light footage and it looks pretty good, sunset overdrive is not my cup of tea. although I like concept of watchdogs i've seen so many stupid glitches which just ruin the game for me. Although I have x 360 I never played Halo or gears of war before. Started Gears but I'm just not sure about the game mechanics story seems just ok. Metro you mentioned looks pretty good, I don't play huge amount of FPS but I do like it sometimes. Also nearly forgot assassings creed is one of the series I like, also might take a plunge and get fable (I quite like RPGs). Also I've just got my Fallout 4 today would people recommend playing trough 3 first or jump into 4 straight away???
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-13-2016 10:59 AM
    Ryse is one of the games i was considering but wasn't sure about storyline, but for 15 i might just get it now. Yea I had xbox 360 although I never played it much for some reason. Also I did hear great things about telltale games especially walking dead and game of thrones series (plus i'm huge fan of waking dead and song of Ice and Fire) :-)
    01-13-2016 11:07 AM
    I've watched some dying light footage and it looks pretty good, sunset overdrive is not my cup of tea. although I like concept of watchdogs i've seen so many stupid glitches which just ruin the game for me. Although I have x 360 I never played Halo or gears of war before. Started Gears but I'm just not sure about the game mechanics story seems just ok. Metro you mentioned looks pretty good, I don't play huge amount of FPS but I do like it sometimes. Also nearly forgot assassings creed is one of the series I like, also might take a plunge and get fable (I quite like RPGs). Also I've just got my Fallout 4 today would people recommend playing trough 3 first or jump into 4 straight away???
    The Fallout games have no link to each other, really. Also, the first two are PC-only and VERY different experiences. Oh, and Fallout 4 is the 5th or 6th game. Fallout 3, New Vegas, and 4 are similar games, but the rest are quite different. Those 3 are all separate stories with no real connection beyond the generic concept of setting, so you'll be fine without touching the others.

Assassin's Creed, might as well wait for the rumored bundling of the old games. I really liked the first game, but the second bored me incredibly, then I heard how they totally butchered the story starting with AC3, and I didn't bother going beyond AC2. If you like that series, you might look into Dishonored: Definitive Edition, as it's sort-of like a first-person Assassin's Creed. It allows for a good deal of choice and freedom in aggression, stealth, and physical vs. magic interactions with enemies. I know someone who really likes the AC series, and she considers Dishonored one of her favorites ever.

Watch_Dogs, I don't follow. I don't remember running into bugs. Not sure why people warn of that. It's a very cheaply purchased game now, I imagine. It's sort of like GTA, but with a smaller scope and a better story. I can't stand GTA, but I liked Watch_Dogs pretty well.

Halo, you get a decent story from The Master Chief Collection. Stick to playing the campaigns if you buy it, unless you enjoy the headache of slow, buggy multiplayer. Gears has an OK campaign, but the third game's story is pretty annoying. The first is definitely my favorite in that series, the second's fine, and the third is something of a joke, at least with the character Dom. I can't stand him in the third game.

Dying Light, I can't recommend enough. Movement, combat, story, it's all well-done. They're about to release it with the DLC in February, and it sounds like that DLC is a MASSIVE story addition. I'm considering getting it, but $60 to buy a game I half-finished a year ago is tough.

Ryse is one of the games i was considering but wasn't sure about storyline, but for 15 i might just get it now. Yea I had xbox 360 although I never played it much for some reason. Also I did hear great things about telltale games especially walking dead and game of thrones series (plus i'm huge fan of waking dead and song of Ice and Fire) :-)
    Ryse is so old, you might as well hold out for a GWG release. It's also $15 with DLC at Toys R Us in the States this week, to give an idea of its value. It shouldn't be long before it's free.

Telltale's hard to recommend or not. I don't like their non-game style of games, where you really just get aimless walking, a few quick-time events, and some dialogue. That, and I don't like the subjects of their games--The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones and Borderlands are all negatives, but that's in my book.
    01-14-2016 06:10 PM
    Xbox One is not a bad concept (in theory).
    The controls are good and it is fairly silent.

BUT, Kinect is a sad joke that will force a lot of users to change language AND localization just to be able to use the "supported" hardware.

Kinect IS according to Microsofts homepage supported in Sweden but they fail to inform you that the language has to be changed to Enlish AND the localisation to US (why Microsoft, why?). This will lead to a f..d up Xbox Store, Xbox Live Gold and some apps refusing to work (Netflix, Viaplay etc).

Selling this "centre of the living room" without a proper app for Music (no background Music, we had that on the original and the 360) and no Spotify is not OK!

Appart from "playing games" (where the Xbox One is not as good as the PS4) it is less "centre of the living room" than the 360 was. How come?

Another Zune/RT/WP?
    Last edited by Ian_Superfly; 01-20-2016 at 05:39 AM.
    01-20-2016 05:26 AM
    Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 4 are 3 great games that are really nice to play if you like the idea. I feel they are a very nice change from the "dungeons and dragons" or "lord of ring" rpg styles.
    As said by Keith, they are not linked to each other, but they feel similar as the universe is the same and the "basic idea" is the same, you survived in a vault...
    That's also the beauty of it for me, like saying the same story from different points in time and positions.
    But nothing is wrong if you start by the 4 and then do the 3. ;)
    01-27-2016 04:45 AM
    I wouldn't be depressed too much longer. MS is doing something new in my opinion, it's just taking time. How Sony is just about PS4 and that's about it (they really don't care about vita if you didn't know) - MS is evolving. With their recent announcement with Quantum Break being a cross buy, with "more to come" in the near future, they just tapped into and added on to create the biggest gaming market. Granted, the games won't be on the universal platform, unless they do get them working like that, but I'm guessing MS made it somewhat easy to "bridge" xbox one games to PC.

The Xbox isn't going to matter as much anymore, there will still be exclusive games to xbox only for those that do have consoles but I have a feeling MS is taking the open market approach. Think about PC gamers, they refuse to buy any console. But if the PC gamer can run Windows 10 or even the Xbox version of Windows 10 on their heavily modded PC and run xbox games...then MS wins. But its not just about winning, it's about evolving.

Not only does MS have their hand in the PC market, wait until they fix the app gap and then release windows 10 mobile or whatever they are going to call it and allow you, to freely choose, which OS you want and give you the option to replace your android OS, last I knew, Google didn't own the rights to the device on what software it can run.

The streaming thing is a concept right now in my opinion. There is no difference to stream to a PC then to a mobile besides bandwidth which conflicts with quality, but that's what the cloud is for. So fast forward, MS will end up allowing gamers to play games on ANY device literally. Add in hololens and the rift, along with surface devices, pretty much windows is going to be everywhere and you will be playing games on whatever device you have, which will be something that runs windows, unless you are into Apple and their wonderful games :) But albeit, MS is not just games, they are evolving as an entity with everything, with enterprise funding them and them hitting the consumer market hard...but that's just my 2 cents anyway. :P
    02-12-2016 12:01 PM
    I'm gradually moving away from MS. Gutted as I have a lot in the ecosystem but fed up of waiting for them to deliver. Gawd knows what my next phone will be but it's looking less and less like a windows mobile. My first move was last week to the ps4

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    02-25-2016 11:06 PM
    Personally loving the direction that ms is taking xbox, im predominantly a console gamer but i have a high end gaming rig that i will probly be updating this year and hopefully going to 4k. I prefer playing on the couch with xbox, but id love to be able to pump up the graphics and enjoy those same games on my pc, quantum break being cross buy on windows 10 is great news to me. though i agree they have to commit all the way and just have zero conditions on it.

But i fully expect all their first party titles they make available on pc will still be exclusive to the windows 10 store and not steam
    03-03-2016 02:59 AM
    I'm gradually moving away from MS. Gutted as I have a lot in the ecosystem but fed up of waiting for them to deliver. Gawd knows what my next phone will be but it's looking less and less like a windows mobile. My first move was last week to the ps4

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    UPDATE:
    I upgraded my 930 and went for............
    The 950
    And it's bloody awesome. As far as mobile OS's go, windows is for me. I can't stand the android slowdown which I have witnessed on my tablet. Apple was NEVER an option.
    The 'appgap' that everyone keeps harping on about is not an issue for me. The apps I use, work (apart from the facebook app which is atrocious, but there is an official one coming out, so fingers crossed)
    The camera is a thing of beauty. Exceptional photos.
    Well chuffed.
    05-10-2016 03:37 PM
    Now that Microsoft has basically ravaged Xbox One in order to proliferate their Windows 10 (which I deeply hate), I'm gonna leave the platform and look for Steam machines or get a PS4 (or rather a Neo).
    It was mostly fun over 2.5 years and I invested a lot in games and supplies, but I'm leaving with a light heart. :)
    Guest_aotf likes this.
    06-15-2016 03:13 AM
    Now that Microsoft has basically ravaged Xbox One in order to proliferate their Windows 10 (which I deeply hate), I'm gonna leave the platform and look for Steam machines or get a PS4 (or rather a Neo).
    It was mostly fun over 2.5 years and I invested a lot in games and supplies, but I'm leaving with a light heart. :)
    Wow... sounds like a dire life decision /s

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android (V10 or 5x)
    06-15-2016 04:17 AM
    I was considering to get an Xbox One... but since this move of the One S and the Scorpio announcement, it just sends confusing message about their Xbox hardware specially with the Scorpio console. MS said that no current X1 owner will be left behind and no exclusives, but by looking the previous MS promises like W10m update for most WP devices, well...

Sad, but MS just made my mind to stick with the PS4 for the exclusives and the rest of games PC - Steam.
    Last edited by Pacus1x; 06-16-2016 at 03:52 PM.
    06-16-2016 02:57 PM
    Why not get the PS4 Neo and revel in that 4k goodness... except it's not 4k (hardware not capable of it) and it can't play UHD Blu-Ray media either.
    10-28-2016 03:42 AM
    Xbox fan here but not depressed at all.

I have a history for usually going for the underdog except for the Super Nintendo.
    Back in the day I was an avid supporter of the N64 and the GameCube then the Xbox 360.

Competition is good. And lately especially with the S, Xbox has been getting good hits and news lately.
    11-05-2016 04:02 PM
    I have a love/hate relationship with MS. But they are very good at fixing their problems and enhancing on the original idea. I have an Xbox One and I enjoy it as of right now.
    06-01-2017 11:28 AM
    Have they fixed the lack of exclusives?
    06-10-2017 07:48 AM
    And it's time to go back to this topis! So, let's say I do not have any console and never had any before and now I'm considering to get one. And of course it's either Xbox One X or PS4 Pro. How should I decide, what are the pros and cons apart from the games? Regarding games it's PS4 for me - better exclusives, most Xbox games are for W10 too. So would be selling points of the new Xbox for PC players?
    06-12-2017 04:27 AM
    I am a big fan of MS and Xbox, and I am very excited with the Xbox One X. I don't have a console neither, but I'm thinking to buy
    06-15-2017 05:25 PM
    The Xbox Live service has historically been more reliable than PSN. PSN had an extended outage a couple of years back, when a number of people's credit card info was compromised.

Xbox Live has suffered a couple of DDOS attacks, but nothing that lasted more than a day.
    06-15-2017 05:57 PM
    The Xbox Live service has historically been more reliable than PSN. PSN had an extended outage a couple of years back, when a number of people's credit card info was compromised.

Xbox Live has suffered a couple of DDOS attacks, but nothing that lasted more than a day.
    lol You seem misinformed.
    06-20-2017 03:43 PM
    And it's time to go back to this topis! So, let's say I do not have any console and never had any before and now I'm considering to get one. And of course it's either Xbox One X or PS4 Pro. How should I decide, what are the pros and cons apart from the games? Regarding games it's PS4 for me - better exclusives, most Xbox games are for W10 too. So would be selling points of the new Xbox for PC players?
    You need to do a little research on the exclusive games, which may sway you one way or the other.

Apart from exclusives, for games that are on both, the Xbox 1X version should look as good, or better, than the PS4Pro version (all depends on what developers do or don't do with the extra headroom).

Putting games aside, the X1X can play 4K UHD Blu-rays, which the PS can't. If that's something that matters to you, than choose accordingly.
    06-20-2017 05:08 PM
    lol You seem misinformed.
    Perhaps you are too young to remember: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011...Network_outage
    06-20-2017 05:28 PM
    Perhaps you are too young to remember: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011...Network_outage
    Right because "a couple of years back" is 2011. You must think we are in 2013, but here is news for you we are in 2017! Oh and well done bringing wikipedia. Great source...

ofc let's not forget this: Xbox Live Service Suffers 11-Day Outage - InternetNews.
    Do you remember what they gave for the outage? Or were you gaming at the time?
    06-20-2017 09:21 PM
    You need to do a little research on the exclusive games, which may sway you one way or the other.
    What do you mean by he needs to do research? He says it right there he things the PS4 exclusives are better. His opinion. And also the XB1 doesn't seem to be having true major exclusives since 2015.
    Besides the 2 Forza, Halo 5 and SO, there isn't much and there isn't any sign of new ones.

Also let's consider all the highly rated PS4 exclusives. Halo and Gears got the lowest metacritic scores for a main game in the history of their franchise.
    06-20-2017 09:28 PM
    Putting games aside, the X1X can play 4K UHD Blu-rays, which the PS can't. If that's something that matters to you, than choose accordingly.
    I want a Blu-ray playback from my device and 4K output for Netflix and Amazon Prime, but both can offer that. 4K UHD Blu-ray isn't a condition especially as most movies are actually not original 4K, but just remastered editions. Distributors are not exactly putting much effort into it...

And also the XB1 doesn't seem to be having true major exclusives since 2015. Besides the 2 Forza, Halo 5 and SO, there isn't much and there isn't any sign of new ones.
    Exactly, you can play these titles on PC as well. That's why PS4 is winning in games for me. Also Uncharted, The Last of Us, story-driven games which is something I really like.
    Guest_aotf likes this.
    06-21-2017 04:09 AM
505 ... 18192021