Xbox One vs. PS4

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Im sure at the end of the day, both consoles will be neck and neck and it'll be the same as last Gen. Folks will pick the console that has the exclusives they want and those in the middle will pick the one that gives then the most bang for their buck.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Right, except that the Xbox One has more exclusive games, a better online network on which to play them, and a console OS with more features that complement gameplay. Except for all that. Also known as 'everything except for minute graphical advantages'.

I suspect that most PS4 users don't care about online gaming, but do care about powerful graphics and more interesting games outside of the FPS-area.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Lol!
People are more intelligent.
They will buy what suits their need better.

So, PS 4 suits their need better than Xbox one or it is more attractive than Xbox that is why it sells more.
Just like you think Xbox is better and offer better game....ps4 users think same about ps4.
Are you upset that about why ps4 users think that way or what?

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I know that, but XB1 has a bigger reputation for catering to FPS, while PS4 has more quirky games and anime-style adventure games. Also Littlebigplanet which is unique.
Dead Rising? Forza? Ryse? Sunset Overdrive? Project Spark? Crackdown? Fable? Phantom Dust? Quantum Break?

Yep. My collections gonna look weak.

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Project Spark knocks LBP for six any day of the week.

Can't wait for the full game to come out - which will be free to download and play digitally! Good guy MS for making the digital copy free and the morons that complain about DRM pay for a physical copy.

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Project Spark knocks LBP for six any day of the week.

Can't wait for the full game to come out - which will be free to download and play digitally! Good guy MS for making the digital copy free and the morons that complain about DRM pay for a physical copy.

I'm still a fan of MS original plan for xbox in regards to digital downloads and games.

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I was HIGHLY disappointed when they did the whole switch back to the "Old" way. I was excited for the vision is the future.

Exactly, it was quite similar to steam so I don't understand what the issues were!

Its like the whole ps streaming service. Onlive tried it and failed. Now everyone thinks Sony is innovative and amazing. Hate the Sony hype wagon, almost as much as the apple hype wagon lol

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Changing disks sucks, it's such an archaic means of content management. At least you can share XBL Gold memberships - halved our annual costs.

Rumour has it that the original DRM policy will become opt in somewhere down the line, I for one can't wait. You mean I can share my games with up to 10 people in my friends list who have been there for longer than 30 days, provided I sign in once a month... um... no brainer!

stevemind

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
If you worry about xbox one not doing well enough or having the best games.......you obviously worry bout who's got the best car, clothes, girlfriend .....ect,ect.
I personally couldn't give a rats bum who has this or that....xbox one has the best games and controller 🎮 for me! I think more people will start converting when they realise that their high power, super graphically machine is boring!

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Exactly, it was quite similar to steam so I don't understand what the issues were!

Its like the whole ps streaming service. Onlive tried it and failed. Now everyone thinks Sony is innovative and amazing. Hate the Sony hype wagon, almost as much as the apple hype wagon lol

What's wrong with sony, they advertise well and give the people what they want, that's why their sales are are higher than xbox in the US.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
What's wrong with sony, they advertise well and give the people what they want, that's why their sales are are higher than xbox in the US.

It's really not that simple though. The reason Sony does so well is largely cos of the Xbox-announcement. I have a pretty good feeling that if Sony had announced theirs first and MS. They got the "good guy" stamp this time around before they had done a damn thing themselves :p

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site

No, Sony hype up things up its not advertising well, its stupid people who believe the hype and hype it up more.

As the previous poster said, if Sony went first at E3 2013, it would be very different as Sony had pretty much the same plans as MSFT. They changed their conference at the last min as they saw the backlash MSFT got.

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
do not forget this is a marathon run and not 100m sprint.
let congratulate Sony to enjoy their leadership for a while and get prepare for the future. I am sure Xbox One will be catching up fairly soon. There is strong line up starting this autumn + 2015 will be huge with Halo5 and other games as anounced at E3.

DX12 games that utilize cloud offloading, eSRAM tiled resourced, CPU offloading, that is real 'next-gen' that blows Sony off the surface. They can just dream of such technology MS has in place today!!! Haha, who cares about few more Mhz on mid class GPUs and barely visible difference to Xbox games?

Something big will be happening in next months. DX12 + cloud = next gen = Xbox One.

Game ON!

StuBeck

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Why do sales number matter at this point? Both are selling WELL above what they were in the previous generation, and thats with almost no new games available at the moment. Its going to be fine. Wii "won" the last round and that did nothing to stop great Xbox 360 and PS3 games being made, and it will be the same with this generation.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
It amazes me how much their messages has 'switched' from when the 360/PS3 was released.

When the PS3 was announced - Sony was hit HARD for some of the remarks that they made regarding it. Especially since it was $599.99! One of the Sony leads even said at E3 - By pricing the PS3 at a premium level of 599.99 people will want to work harder - to earn the money to buy the PS3! Sony got raked over the coals for that in 2004/05.

Now, its Microsoft's 'turn' to be raked. But, I don't care.

I have a XBOX One and am incredibly impressed with it. I enjoy the games on it and the interface that seamlessly integrates (well, kind of at times ;)) games, tv, music, and movies. I enjoy the games I have and I'll focus on that.

I had a PS3 and used it mainly as a Netflix/Bluray machine with the occasional Naughty Dog game thrown in.

As I heard on the DLC podcast (great podcast by the way!) - The 1080p arguments are so blown out of proportion. If you need to rely on Digital Foundry to make a side-by-side comparison for you in order for you to even notice the graphical differences between the systems then its a failed argument.

I just finished reading Console Wars (great book about the rivalry between SEGA and Nintendo in the 90s) and it helped me remember 'real' exclusives. Where the SNES and Genesis would each have a licensed game from a movie (like Aladdin or Lion King) but each games was LITERALLY DIFFERENT on both consoles. That was an exclusive games war... not what we have now when people are arguing about 1080p or 960p or whatever...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb