Xbox One vs. PS4

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I believe buying any console at its first year is bad business. Even in Xbox, what can you play right now? Titanfall, that Rome one, Tomb Raider (also available on PS4) and two or three other titles. All in all, if you consult IGN's lists of games, the amount of titles is pretty much the same - Xbox does have a few "bigger" titles out, while PS4 has a lot of indie games coming out.

Personally, I love how Sony has been giving power for independent studios to release their games and join big producers in the market. The list of "indie" games that have been announced for PS4 and Vita is what makes me believe PlayStation has a better future ahead. While MS is so worried about getting americans talking to their videogames and watch movies on it, Sony is paving the way to a huge library of games for all types of gamers.

If I could, I would buy both consoles, both have their strong sides. But so far, Sony has my interest.

I have both systems, so if you want an unbiased option and have questions about both systems, ask me. I love both. :)

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I can't understand these "nothing to play" arguments, regardless of platform. Although for me Xbox One does have better games, but I would barely get started to name 6-7 great titles worth playing on either console, even more so on Xbox One. That also leaves out a lot of great games that just arn't "my genre", but are still great games for those who care about games of said genres.

I wish I had more money and a lot more time, cos there is way too much good stuff to play on the Xbox One that I'd live on macaroni for the rest of the year if I bought them all, but at the same time I wouldn't even have time to play them all :D

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I can't understand these "nothing to play" arguments, regardless of platform. Although for me Xbox One does have better games, but I would barely get started to name 6-7 great titles worth playing on either console, even more so on Xbox One. That also leaves out a lot of great games that just arn't "my genre", but are still great games for those who care about games of said genres.

I wish I had more money and a lot more time, cos there is way too much good stuff to play on the Xbox One that I'd live on macaroni for the rest of the year if I bought them all, but at the same time I wouldn't even have time to play them all :D

You can always use Gamefly, if you beat games quickly. :)

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I believe buying any console at its first year is bad business. Even in Xbox, what can you play right now? Titanfall, that Rome one, Tomb Raider (also available on PS4) and two or three other titles.

CRAP

Ryse: Son of Rome
Dead Rising 3
Forza Motorsport 5
Xbox Fitness
Powerstar Golf
Crimson Dragon
Killer Instinct
Kinect Sports Rivals

That is just the list of currently-available games where the One is the only console option. If you want to include things that are on the 360 only, you get:

Zoo Tycoon
Peggle 2
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
Titanfall

That also ignores indie stuff, which would include:

The Golf Club (tomorrow)
Halo: Spartan Assault
Guacamelee!
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood
Project Spark

THAT ignores the other stuff out before the one-year mark, which includes:

Halo: The Master Chief Collection
Forza Horizon 2
Ori and the Blind Forest
Dance Central Spotlight
Sunset Overdrive
Fantasia: Music Evolved

Oh, and that ignores third-party, multi-platform, multi-generational titles, many of which have improved features and/or visuals on the new consoles, such as:

NBA 2K
Madden
NHL
FIFA
WWE
Watch Dogs
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
Metro Redux
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Assassin's Creed: Unity
Lords of the Fallen
The Evil Within
Destiny
Wolfenstein: The New Order

I could keep going, but there's no point. There is a mountain of first-year software to go through. Sure, I could wait until prices drop or more comes out, but then I've got an immediate backlog of 10-20 games I have to deal with, and that just pushes back getting the newest stuff.

Cravot

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I think the ps4 is the better console outside the US. I choose the ps4 over the xbox one for a couple of reasons

* The console isn't out in my country
* The feature set of the xbox one is limited in my country, making it equal in function with the ps4.
* The terrible pre-launch thing
* The studios that Sony owns is far superior in quality than those of MS.
* The diversity of genres that are availible on Playstation
* The focus on games first from sony (That is why I buy a console)
* The lasting support from sony

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site

The Golf Club (tomorrow)
Guacamelee!
Project Spark

You forgot the best exclusive indie game on Xbox One to date: Super Time Force! Gamespot's Game of the Month in May over Watch Dogs, Wolfenstein, and Mario Kart 8. Noteworthy.

Also, I just want to say that Project Spark and Max: Curse of Brotherhood are awesome games.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
You forgot the best exclusive indie game on Xbox One to date: Super Time Force! Gamespot's Game of the Month in May over Watch Dogs, Wolfenstein, and Mario Kart 8. Noteworthy.

Also, I just want to say that Project Spark and Max: Curse of Brotherhood are awesome games.

I can't describe STF in the way I initially wanted because it's politically incorrect and would get me AT LEAST a temporary ban. I'll call it stupid, but say that's a VERY mild term. I didn't play Wolfenstein, but it wouldn't take much to beat that indie trash, and Watch Dogs and Mario Kart DEFINITELY do. I can't say it matters though, GameStop's a pretty useless site, like most game rating sites in 2014.

I tried Spark on my PC, and absolutely hated it. I lasted about half an hour, maybe an hour, but I just didn't see the point of it. I don't want to make a game in a game, I want to play one. As for Max...meh.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
CRAP

Dead Rising 3
Forza Motorsport 5
Xbox Fitness
Powerstar Golf
Crimson Dragon
Killer Instinct
Kinect Sports Rivals

That is just the list of currently-available games where the One is the only console option. If you want to include things that are on the 360 only, you get:

Zoo Tycoon
Peggle 2
Titanfall

The Golf Club (tomorrow)
Guacamelee!
Project Spark

Forza Horizon 2
Ori and the Blind Forest
Dance Central Spotlight
Sunset Overdrive

Oh, and that ignores third-party, multi-platform, multi-generational titles, many of which have improved features and/or visuals on the new consoles, such as:

NBA 2K
Madden
NHL
FIFA
WWE
Watch Dogs
Metro Redux
Lords of the Fallen
The Evil Within
Destiny

I could keep going, but there's no point. There is a mountain of first-year software to go through. Sure, I could wait until prices drop or more comes out, but then I've got an immediate backlog of 10-20 games I have to deal with, and that just pushes back getting the newest stuff.

You do have to admit, the first year in something brand new can be rocky. It's like a beta test. And we all know 2015 is the year for games. :)

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
CRAP

Dead Rising 3
Forza Motorsport 5
Xbox Fitness
Powerstar Golf
Crimson Dragon
Killer Instinct
Kinect Sports Rivals

Zoo Tycoon
Peggle 2
Titanfall

The Golf Club (tomorrow)
Guacamelee!
Project Spark

Forza Horizon 2
Ori and the Blind Forest
Dance Central Spotlight
Sunset Overdrive

NBA 2K
Madden
NHL
FIFA
WWE
Watch Dogs
Metro Redux
Lords of the Fallen
The Evil Within
Destiny

Titanfall is on the 360 only? Lol.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I think the ps4 is the better console outside the US. I choose the ps4 over the xbox one for a couple of reasons

* The feature set of the xbox one is limited in my country, making it equal in function with the ps4.

If the PS4 is better for you and your region, then you made the right choice. If you like their exclusive games more, you made the right choice. Both systems are great, I love both my Xbox One and PS4. I love both of their exclusives. For cross platform games, I get the one that has the added and exclusive content, like FIFA UT Legends, only on Xbox systems, and added 1 hour in watchdogs.

So at the end of the day, whatever makes you happy is what matters. :)

rex.reyesiii

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I think outside the US, both console's pros and cons are just the same. :)

- mine too, we only have US version here, 110V while standard here is 220V :)

- Kinect features are preffered by some like me so not "Equal", have you even tried... let say the TV functionality? I loved it when I could input my Pioneer Blu Ray player on it.

- get over it, it was a Year ago :) misterxmedia has a great argument regarding this

- well this is just your opinion I guess

- I disagree

- both focuses on games, refer back to your mistake where you see they have "equal" features ^. Just because it does more things than gaming doesn't mean it doesn't focus on games.

- ??? i don't get this one.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
You do have to admit, the first year in something brand new can be rocky. It's like a beta test. And we all know 2015 is the year for games. :)

Sure it can be, but I think it's also overblown. For example, I went into the Bone's release with the mindset "I'll get it after a year because there aren't many games I care about." However, once my dad offered to get me it as a present for my college graduation (which I initially declined), I started thinking more about it. The last 18 months or so I owned my 360 (late-2012 through April 2014), all I played was Black Ops II, Halo 4, and the occasional Borderlands 2. I played 3 games for almost the entire time. So, what sense did it make to complain about a lack of games when I was only playing 3 games anyway (really, just 2, because Borderlands sessions were few and far-between because I was co-oping with my cousin who never felt like playing)?

So, I got the One, and in 4 months, I've already played (and either have or sold):

Forza 5 (played, sold for $42, then repurchased for $21)
Titanfall (have digitally)
Watch Dogs (played, beat, sold)
Kinect Sports Rivals (played, got frustrated, sold)
Powerstar Golf (own digitally)
Madden 25

In 4 months, I've essentially played twice as many games on the One as I did in my last 18 months with the 360. I'm about to get The Golf Club and Madden 15 as well, and by the 12-month mark, I'll probably have added another 8-10 games to that (NBA 2K15, Sunset Overdrive, Halo: TMMC, Forza Horizon/The Crew, The Division, Dying Light, Pure Pool, and probably a couple of others).

I just feel that there is a LOT more going on with the One than it's getting credit for. Sure, some of the games are available on a last-gen console, but if you intend to get the new one EVENTUALLY, why not enjoy added features and improved graphics now, instead of hoping for a second price drop that might never come (especially with some nice trade-in deals for the 360)?

Titanfall is on the 360 only? Lol.

I was speaking from the perspective of console options. I meant that Titanfall's only alternative console purchase is the 360, since the discussion was about upgrading to the One.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Sure it can be, but I think it's also overblown. For example, I went into the Bone's release with the mindset "I'll get it after a year because there aren't many games I care about." However, once my dad offered to get me it as a present for my college graduation (which I initially declined), I started thinking more about it. The last 18 months or so I owned my 360 (late-2012 through April 2014), all I played was Black Ops II, Halo 4, and the occasional Borderlands 2. I played 3 games for almost the entire time. So, what sense did it make to complain about a lack of games when I was only playing 3 games anyway (really, just 2, because Borderlands sessions were few and far-between because I was co-oping with my cousin who never felt like playing)?

So, I got the One, and in 4 months, I've already played (and either have or sold):

Forza 5 (played, sold for $42, then repurchased for $21)

Titanfall (have digitally)

Watch Dogs (played, beat, sold)

Kinect Sports Rivals (played, got frustrated, sold)

Powerstar Golf (own digitally)

Madden 25

In 4 months, I've essentially played twice as many games on the One as I did in my last 18 months with the 360. I'm about to get The Golf Club and Madden 15 as well, and by the 12-month mark, I'll probably have added another 8-10 games to that (NBA 2K15, Sunset Overdrive, Halo: TMMC, Forza Horizon/The Crew, The Division, Dying Light, Pure Pool, and probably a couple of others).

I just feel that there is a LOT more going on with the One than it's getting credit for. Sure, some of the games are available on a last-gen console, but if you intend to get the new one EVENTUALLY, why not enjoy added features and improved graphics now, instead of hoping for a second price drop that might never come (especially with some nice trade-in deals for the 360)?

I was speaking from the perspective of console options. I meant that Titanfall's only alternative console purchase is the 360, since the discussion was about upgrading to the One.

Just the more hyped up games come out best year. Halo 5, The Order, The Division, etc.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Just made this purchase myself on my Xbox One. Tried to do it through smartglass but my payment failed on both my phone and my tablet...I am guessing they still have some issues to iron out with that since it is a new feature.

I'm still a disc person. I'm that person who likes to get the most out of his money and likes to sell or lend stuff.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Just made this purchase myself on my Xbox One. Tried to do it through smartglass but my payment failed on both my phone and my tablet...I am guessing they still have some issues to iron out with that since it is a new feature.

I have yet to buy it. I was intending to use $15 in Bing Rewards and $22 in Xbox Store credit from a Newegg gift card purchase. However, after saying that delivery of such gift cards usually takes less than an hour, I'm sitting just over 6.5 hours since my purchase, and I have yet to receive it. As such, I am waiting on the funds necessary to purchase the game. I should have just paid with my card on the console, rather than going through Newegg to save $2.20.

I'm still a disc person. I'm that person who likes to get the most out of his money and likes to sell or lend stuff.

The Golf Club is a digital-only title though, so you can't get a disc of it. I'm a disc person as well, but there's no disc-based golf game on the market.

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Pinball FX2 is an example of a game done right for the XBOne. All your old tables that you owned on the 360 ported across, and the game is free... yes please!

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Pinball FX2 is an example of a game done right for the XBOne. All your old tables that you owned on the 360 ported across, and the game is free... yes please!

This gives me hope when a new Rock Band or Guitar Hero comes out we will be able to transfer our song licenses. If you cant IDK if i will be willing to re-invest into the game.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99