Xbox One vs. PS4

KM-Games

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
I think also that it is a bit disappointing that it doesn`t run in 1080 on all games, but on the other side, only a few will really notice a difference between 1080p and 720p... What`s really bothering me are the long loading times, that could have been done much better.

kc77

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I think also that it is a bit disappointing that it doesn`t run in 1080 on all games, but on the other side, only a few will really notice a difference between 1080p and 720p... What`s really bothering me are the long loading times, that could have been done much better.

From what I've seen with the Xbox One and PS4, they both have very long loading times. It's not just the One.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
From what I've seen with the Xbox One and PS4, they both have very long loading times. It's not just the One.

Yeah, it's quite long on both consoles, makes me wonder why did they only go with a 5400 RPM drive on both devices. Well, at least both can also upgrade it's HDD to a faster one (or SSD), although one internally and one externally :p

It also depends a bit on the game thoug, BF4 seems to load pretty fast even if the maps are quite big and it's still a good looking game. Something like Watch Dogs then again loads an eternity :D

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The problem is that a HDD change in the One voids the warranty. I mean, if you want to do it after you've had the console for a year, I suppose there's nothing to be concerned with.

However, they allegedly went with SATA II connectors for the new consoles, which can throttle the speed of a SSD. It doesn't excuse going with a 5400-RPM drive, rather than a 7200-RPM one, though. The funny thing is, the 5400-RPM drives on the market (specifically, the 1-TB Western Digital Green) are more expensive than the 7200-RPM ones (specifically, the 1-TB Western Digital Blue). I'm not sure if cost was the reason, but that seems likely.

What's really dumb is that they went with 500 GB of storage. I mean, no one buys less than a terabyte anymore, because it's so cheap.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Except if the Xbox is off, and not on stand-by (Instant On), then it takes FOREVER to boot. Because sometimes I had it on Energy-Saving mode. While the PS4, either stand-by or fully turned off, is the same speed to turn on.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
The problem is that a HDD change in the One voids the warranty. I mean, if you want to do it after you've had the console for a year, I suppose there's nothing to be concerned with.

However, they allegedly went with SATA II connectors for the new consoles, which can throttle the speed of a SSD. It doesn't excuse going with a 5400-RPM drive, rather than a 7200-RPM one, though. The funny thing is, the 5400-RPM drives on the market (specifically, the 1-TB Western Digital Green) are more expensive than the 7200-RPM ones (specifically, the 1-TB Western Digital Blue). I'm not sure if cost was the reason, but that seems likely.

What's really dumb is that they went with 500 GB of storage. I mean, no one buys less than a terabyte anymore, because it's so cheap.

How would you do that anyways? Seems very complex. I would just get an external drive, but I wish they made it so the user could do it easily without voiding the warranty, like the PS4.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
How would you do that anyways? Seems very complex. I would just get an external drive, but I wish they made it so the user could do it easily without voiding the warranty, like the PS4.

You'd do it for the sake of convenience, I guess. You don't have to worry about losing the external or keeping it plugged in. Plus, they recommend using self-powered external hard drives (where it plugs into an outlet and the USB port), and I think those are less-common than in the past.

Also, putting a faster internal drive in would probably have greater gains in speed than going over USB 3.0. I'm not sure, but I'd imagine most external drives are 5400-RPM drives, meaning you're not getting speed gains.

RN50

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Well im a playstation fan and I had no intention of getting an Xbox One however I've had 5 yes 5 freaking ps4 and they all loud as ****. Ps4 looks great but its such a poor design with the lack of fans Imo.

Playing killzone makes the fan go into stupid mode and I keep hearing people say well its pushing the system really hard. Hold up if the very first game with good graphics is making the fan go silly what's gonna happen in a year or 2 time when all games will look great? Are they also gonna make the fan go silly.

I mostly play at night when the Mrs is sleeping so the volume has to be abit low so im now waiting for Amazon to come and collect the ps4 and them im gonna try the xbox one.

Very pissed off as i was looking forward to using the ps4 but times change and fan noise pisses me off.

My ps3 never made a peep for 3/4 years until the fan packed it during its last year with me. Hopefully the one will also be quite.

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Xbone is silent. Give it a chance and you should be pleased with it. What type of games are you into? We could maybe point you at a few you may enjoy?
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

RN50

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Xbone is silent. Give it a chance and you should be pleased with it. What type of games are you into? We could maybe point you at a few you may enjoy?
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

Tbh I always liked the games on the xbox but I just don't like change. However im not really interested in games like infamous and the last of us (amazing game by the way which I completed on the noisy ps4). I normally play the multi platform games so the tiny graphics change wont really bother me.

I have always wanted to play left 4 dead though so hopefully that comes to the xbox one.

I'll write up a brief experience on here once I get the one in a weeks time.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I have always wanted to play left 4 dead though so hopefully that comes to the xbox one.

You aren't really missing much. It's fun for an hour, but that's about it. The only entertainment I really got was playing with others for the first time and seeing them panic. The gameplay is incredibly shallow and redundant, and the lack of a story emphasizes it. The first game basically had 4 "campaign" missions (though they were decently long) and 4 weapons. No variety, so it got stale in a hurry. The second was a LITTLE better because they added more weapons (specifically, melee ones), but they were rather redundant.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Tbh I always liked the games on the xbox but I just don't like change. However im not really interested in games like infamous and the last of us (amazing game by the way which I completed on the noisy ps4). I normally play the multi platform games so the tiny graphics change wont really bother me.

I'll write up a brief experience on here once I get the one in a weeks time.

Since I own both systems, I can help you switching to an Xbox One and how it works compared to the PS4. It's different obviously, but they both do the same thing.

And yeah, I hate the PS4's noise. Sounds like a jet taking off. The Xbox One is SO quiet. If the PS4 was a bit bigger, it would've been better. The one thing I hate about the Xbox One is the power brick. Why couldn't they build it in like the PS4? The console is big enough, and having a power brick is so annoying.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, not having the PSU's heat inside of the console helps with keeping the console quiet. If the brick was inside, the console would be hotter, the fan would run harder, and it wouldn't be as quiet.

RN50

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Unstoppable Kem :)

Funny thing is at the start of this thread I was trolling the X1 and saying how the ps4 is better. Now towards the end of the thread im about to get rid of my ps4 and get an X1. Lol how time changes.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Unstoppable Kem :)

Funny thing is at the start of this thread I was trolling the X1 and saying how the ps4 is better. Now towards the end of the thread im about to get rid of my ps4 and get an X1. Lol how time changes.

Both are good, but I think Xbox has had a better game lineup, and will so for the rest of this year. 2015, both will blow us away! 2015 IS THE YEAR!!

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm eagerly waiting for the TV tuner for my xbox, looks like a great piece of kit and a damn site cheaper than a tuner box!

Halo MC is looking ridiculously good! Having seen the stands at Gamescom (and Halo being very busy) I think the Halo launch is going to be very good for MS this year.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte