Xbox One vs. PS4

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Except it's not washed out. Just like every other smartphone that doesn't oversaturate their display like Samsung does isn't "washed out" or every HDTV that doesn't have the display settings cranked up to unrealistic color representation isn't washed out. But you already said you prefer artificially tweaked appearance to more realistic detail so yes, I agree that's not important to you.

Except that it is washed out. And, again, it being washed out has nothing to do with the display screen, because that is how it looks on all unadjusted display screens. So your example makes no sense. No, I never said I prefer "artificially tweaked appearance to more realistic detail". I said the opposite of that: the Xbox One version looks more natural and more realistic. The PS4 version is washed out (this is not what real life looks like) and is missing shadows (also, not what real life looks like). Your claim that the Xbox One's appearance was "artificially tweaked" to achieve it's more realistic visuals is probably the stupidest argument I've ever heard: these are video games; everything in them is artificial, created entirely by code and software programs. These aren't real-life photos or movies.

jonnaver

Banned
Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
Except that it is washed out. And, again, it being washed out has nothing to do with the display screen, because that is how it looks on all unadjusted display screens. So your example makes no sense. No, I never said I prefer "artificially tweaked appearance to more realistic detail". I said the opposite of that: the Xbox One version looks more natural and more realistic. The PS4 version is washed out (this is not what real life looks like) and is missing shadows (also, not what real life looks like). Your claim that the Xbox One's appearance was "artificially tweaked" to achieve it's more realistic visuals is probably the stupidest argument I've ever heard: these are video games; everything in them is artificial, created entirely by code and software programs. These aren't real-life photos or movies.
We agree to disagree

jonnaver

Banned
Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
[h=4]Resident Evil Revelations 2[/h]FPS difference is 60 on X1 and 30 on PS4 at places when I jumped through the video on youtube.

Face-Off: Resident Evil Revelations 2 • Eurogamer.net

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxdwi2kgSqg
No wonder the Xbox is pulling higher frames, it's dark and blurry. Looks to me like they sacrificed graphics quality for fps. I could achieve the same thing on a PC not optimized for gaming by lowering the graphics quality but who wants to do that?
Besides, the only thing noticing the difference in that video is a piece of software, I certainly wouldn't be able to see the difference if I were actually playing the game.
Lastly, if you want this to be taken seriously you'd have to do it across 20 game publishers not just one. Developers don't all code equally well. And even then the ps4 version still looks nicer

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
No wonder the Xbox is pulling higher frames, it's dark and blurry. Looks to me like they sacrificed graphics quality for fps. I could achieve the same thing on a PC not optimized for gaming by lowering the graphics quality but who wants to do that?
Besides, the only thing noticing the difference in that video is a piece of software, I certainly wouldn't be able to see the difference if I were actually playing the game.
Lastly, if you want this to be taken seriously you'd have to do it across 20 game publishers not just one. Developers don't all code equally well. And even then the ps4 version still looks nicer
please read eurogamer review. They confirm that Xbox version is better.... open you mind ******

jonnaver

Banned
Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
please read eurogamer review. They confirm that Xbox version is better.... open you mind ******
someone's 12 year old is all mad about a gaming console. Don't take out your insecurity issues on me, I'm pretty sure I mentioned way earlier in this forum that I own both, maybe you missed it, kid

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
someone's 12 year old is all mad about a gaming console. Don't take out your insecurity issues on me, I'm pretty sure I mentioned way earlier in this forum that I own both, maybe you missed it, kid
I have both also. I just don't play ps4 a lot because and don't have friends in psn. They "live" service suck.

Please read eurogamer review.

jonnaver

Banned
Aug 15, 2014
Visit site

No surprise in that video for me. If anyone actually told me they could definitively tell quality differences while actually playing the games (not taking screenshots, not relying on software benchmarks etc) then I'd tell them they're full of BS. Systems have always been pretty close for the last 5 years or so, close enough that you (meaning the general buyer) should be buying your system based on things like features, titles, reliability(!) and things like that, not how they render graphics. Because in the end they're all similar enough when actually playing the game as to not matter.

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Only depressing thing I've found about X1 vs. PS4 is the fact neither console can manage 60fps at 1080p. The fact these spec battles have raged on is kinda pathetic by now. At the end of the day, both consoles share lower end PC hardware that is ill suited to 4k gaming. Buy the console for the game you will play, not for the specs it offers. Otherwise PC will win every single time.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Only depressing thing I've found about X1 vs. PS4 is the fact neither console can manage 60fps at 1080p. The fact these spec battles have raged on is kinda pathetic by now. At the end of the day, both consoles share lower end PC hardware that is ill suited to 4k gaming. Buy the console for the game you will play, not for the specs it offers. Otherwise PC will win every single time.

Lol I agree with the specs on the consoles, now that they're using the x86 architecture they're basically low end PC's. Poor console peasants don't understand the awesomeness that is #PCMR. Only reason I have an X1 is because of friends and exclusives (especially Halo). Anybody getting anal about frame rate and graphical fidelity need to inform themselves correctly about PC gaming and make the ascension. Praise GabeN. I will say however, you mentioned 4K gaming we'll need to hold out for DX12 to have passable frame rates at 4K with single or dual card setups. Triple and quad setups *should* be able to run 60fps with max graphical fidelity at 4K. Those setups however do cost a pretty penny that not just anybody can afford lol.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Lol I agree with the specs on the consoles, now that they're using the x86 architecture they're basically low end PC's. Poor console peasants don't understand the awesomeness that is #PCMR. Only reason I have an X1 is because of friends and exclusives (especially Halo). Anybody getting anal about frame rate and graphical fidelity need to inform themselves correctly about PC gaming and make the ascension. Praise GabeN. I will say however, you mentioned 4K gaming we'll need to hold out for DX12 to have passable frame rates at 4K with single or dual card setups. Triple and quad setups *should* be able to run 60fps with max graphical fidelity at 4K. Those setups however do cost a pretty penny that not just anybody can afford lol.

I just put a 1000? into some killer GPU and CPU, but something seems to be wrong, my PC still doesn't get Sunset Overdrive, Forzas, Killer Instinct, Halo MCC.. what's wrong?!

On a more serious note, I have a gaming PC and an Xbox One, I've barely played on PC since getting the Xbox One. Only really games that arn't on consoles like WoW, SMITE (that will be on X1 later this year), APB Reloaded (will also be on X1 this summer), Star Citizen.. These days I rather get most multiplats on console too. I have several reasons for that, but my PC would run circles around X1 and PS4 specswise combined. It's just so easy, really.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I just put a 1000? into some killer GPU and CPU, but something seems to be wrong, my PC still doesn't get Sunset Overdrive, Forzas, Killer Instinct, Halo MCC.. what's wrong?!

On a more serious note, I have a gaming PC and an Xbox One, I've barely played on PC since getting the Xbox One. Only really games that arn't on consoles like WoW, SMITE (that will be on X1 later this year), APB Reloaded (will also be on X1 this summer), Star Citizen.. These days I rather get most multiplats on console too. I have several reasons for that, but my PC would run circles around X1 and PS4 specswise combined. It's just so easy, really.

Yeah I forgot to mention that I do my main gaming on my X1 because I'm not anal about frame rate, graphics etc I just wanna have fun with friends. Every once in a rare while a game will release that looks so amazing it needs to be experienced on a PC at true 1080p60. The last game that did that to me was Skyrim. Not sure what the next game will be.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Praise GabeN.

Please, Gabe Newell and the parasitic store he runs deserve no credit for how gorgeous PC gaming is: those games are pretty because they run on Microsoft's graphics APIs, Direct X. Give credit where it's due rather than fawning over a company that doesn't deserve it.

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
The xbox supports 1080p at 60fps - Forza was a release title with this!

I've said it god knows how many times and I'll say it again, the 1080p 60fps argument is a load of tosh as both consoles support it, end of.

Microsoft have a second gen slim xb1 coming Xmas this year with native 4K support (the current xbox one hdmi port doesn't support 4k without compression). And before people start, the PS4 is the same.

Finally, PCMasterRace was a name coined to mock PC gamers... Just saying...

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
The xbox supports 1080p at 60fps - Forza was a release title with this!

I've said it god knows how many times and I'll say it again, the 1080p 60fps argument is a load of tosh as both consoles support it, end of.

Microsoft have a second gen slim xb1 coming Xmas this year with native 4K support (the current xbox one hdmi port doesn't support 4k without compression). And before people start, the PS4 is the same.

Finally, PCMasterRace was a name coined to mock PC gamers... Just saying...

Source?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb