Xbox One vs. PS4

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
The xbox supports 1080p at 60fps - Forza was a release title with this!

I've said it god knows how many times and I'll say it again, the 1080p 60fps argument is a load of tosh as both consoles support it, end of.

Microsoft have a second gen slim xb1 coming Xmas this year with native 4K support (the current xbox one hdmi port doesn't support 4k without compression). And before people start, the PS4 is the same.

Finally, PCMasterRace was a name coined to mock PC gamers... Just saying...

No, Forza Horizons 2 was locked at 30 FPS. It supports it, but won't do it. (Maybe this is emotional/spiritual support?)

It's utterly irrelevant if the consoles support it. Both have consistently fallen short of the mark. There are plenty of games that promised much, but fell short. Neither the X1, nor the PS4 can actually manage 1080p 60 FPS on a consistent basis. What's even worse is that console exclusives are leading the charge in failed promises. Supporting, and actually doing it are two totally different things as our politicians and consoles have proven.

An update won't help either console. They might add a few features, make it smaller or more power efficient, but there will be no major hardware changes. Witcher 3 will run at 900p regardless of PS4 or PS4 slimmer. 4K support for blu-rays maybe... but I'd need a source on that.

And pointing out that PC Master Race was a term coined to ridicule us PC gamers isn't going to change the facts. PC gaming remains a more hardcore platform with higher upfront costs. For these greater inconveniences and prices we get vastly superior hardware.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
No, Forza Horizons 2 was locked at 30 FPS. It supports it, but won't do it. (Maybe this is emotional/spiritual support?)

It's utterly irrelevant if the consoles support it. Both have consistently fallen short of the mark. There are plenty of games that promised much, but fell short. Neither the X1, nor the PS4 can actually manage 1080p 60 FPS on a consistent basis. What's even worse is that console exclusives are leading the charge in failed promises. Supporting, and actually doing it are two totally different things as our politicians and consoles have proven.

An update won't help either console. They might add a few features, make it smaller or more power efficient, but there will be no major hardware changes. Witcher 3 will run at 900p regardless of PS4 or PS4 slimmer. 4K support for blu-rays maybe... but I'd need a source on that.

And pointing out that PC Master Race was a term coined to ridicule us PC gamers isn't going to change the facts. PC gaming remains a more hardcore platform with higher upfront costs. For these greater inconveniences and prices we get vastly superior hardware.

He wasn't talking about Forza Horizon 2. He was talking about Forza Motorsport 5, which was a launch title for Xbox One and which was 1080p/60fps.

What's utterly irrelevant is is the fabricated obsession the gaming media has with pixel counting. It's a disgrace to the industry.

I don't know who coined PC Master Race, but whoever uses it is an ignoramus: that term is highly offensive, as it connotes genocide and invokes historical instances where politically motivated feelings of in-group superiority led to the slaughtering of millions of innocent people. Anyone who tries to apply that term to win an Internet war about whose gaming platform of choice is better is a moron.

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
The whole pc master race thing; http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/pc-gamer-wants-pc-gamers-to-stop-saying-pc-master-race.454366734/

For the record I also play PC games, just easier to play on a console and not have to explain it to friends. Alot of my friends are what I call techno-ignorant. They believe the apple hype wagon "becuz". The day a pc offers me that I'll stop buying consoles... Although I feel myself falling into the realms of the dirty casual at the moment with work etc...

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
What's utterly irrelevant is is the fabricated obsession the gaming media has with pixel counting. It's a disgrace to the industry.

I don't know who coined PC Master Race, but whoever uses it is an ignoramus: that term is highly offensive, as it connotes genocide and invokes historical instances where politically motivated feelings of in-group superiority led to the slaughtering of millions of innocent people. Anyone who tries to apply that term to win an Internet war about whose gaming platform of choice is better is a moron.

It's hardly a media fabricated event. Issue was both Microsoft and Sony pushed their consoles based on hardware specifications. At least that's the impression I've gotten since they consoles were announced. It's totally understandable to be depressed about PS4 vs. X1 when both sides are losing in a two way race.

PC Master Raced was originally coined by Ben Croshaw of Zero Punctuation fame. Used initially as a demeaning term to describe PC gamer's rather blatant elitism, the term was adopted as the calling card as a counter point to the unwashed consolic masses. Take what you will from that, but it doesn't imply attempted genocide, or invasion of neighboring countries. Overall it's all silly as people have sacrificed fun and joy in the names of defending their preferred platform. Personally I'll stick to my multi-platform approach, and hope both the PS4 and Xbox One will encite their respective consumer bases towards a successful run.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
It's hardly a media fabricated event. Issue was both Microsoft and Sony pushed their consoles based on hardware specifications. At least that's the impression I've gotten since they consoles were announced. It's totally understandable to be depressed about PS4 vs. X1 when both sides are losing in a two way race.

PC Master Raced was originally coined by Ben Croshaw of Zero Punctuation fame. Used initially as a demeaning term to describe PC gamer's rather blatant elitism, the term was adopted as the calling card as a counter point to the unwashed consolic masses. Take what you will from that, but it doesn't imply attempted genocide, or invasion of neighboring countries. Overall it's all silly as people have sacrificed fun and joy in the names of defending their preferred platform. Personally I'll stick to my multi-platform approach, and hope both the PS4 and Xbox One will encite their respective consumer bases towards a successful run.

It's absolutely a media-fabrication obsession, fueled by their unabashed need to garner up page views, which is accomplished via click-bait titles playing on anything having anything to do with the console wars. It's shameful, objectifying games based solely on minute graphical differences instead of more important things, like game play.

It doesn't really matter who first started using it and why; the point is that it's offensive, regardless of how it is used. You can try to claim that it doesn't imply genocide, but you're wrong: anything that has the words "master race" on it connotes genocide, for that's the historical context surrounding the word. There is no escaping that, and prudent folk would be wise to stop using the term, either patronizingly or mockingly.

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Another comparison

rtpI7lB.gif

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Well, news is out that PS4 won February's NPD numbers again. That marks 2 months in a row. I really, really, really do not understand who is buying these things. I can understand PS4 winning global sales, because Asian and European gamers are biased towards Sony, but how the hell is Sony winning the North American market with a console that has a higher price, fewer AAA games, fewer features, and no updates? It is mind-boggling.

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Well, news is out that PS4 won February's NPD numbers again. That marks 2 months in a row. I really, really, really do not understand who is buying these things. I can understand PS4 winning global sales, because Asian and European gamers are biased towards Sony, but how the hell is Sony winning the North American market with a console that has a higher price, fewer AAA games, fewer features, and no updates? It is mind-boggling.

The entire world is out to get Microsoft

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

More users doesn't means better service.... PSN Suck

rospower96

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

It has better Performance? Thats what everbody is talking about. People who buy consoles only want to game.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
It has better Performance? Thats what everbody is talking about. People who buy consoles only want to game.

Not since the 21st century began has the best-performing console "won".
PS2 was inferior to GameCube and Xbox but sold more.
Wii was inferior to PS3 and Xbox 360 but sold more.

Also, the differences in performance between the Xbox One and PS4 are completely trivial. No one can tell the difference. Props to Sony and their army of bought-off gaming journalists, though, for the online propaganda convincing gamers otherwise, though.

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

For "home consoles" sure. But the best seller of last month goes to Nintendo's 3DS system by a very solid margin. The reason PS4 sells so well is a solid marketing campaign, and a powerful brand loyalty that Microsoft is still working on building. Personally, neither console has much going for it. I'll stick to my 3DS and Vita due to a pretty solid library on both ends.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

I call bull**** on that. I would like to see just how well would PS4 sell of they actually removed everything but directly gaming related features, as console buyers "dont want to watch blurays, netflix, listen to spotify etc". Id go as far as to claim even if it,was alot more powerful too but still only did gaming, it wouldve tanked hard.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
There's not major difference between the Xbox One and PS4 in visual quality while playing a game. The only people that would notice the difference are fanboys who spend their time comparing pictures in a web browser instead of actually playing the games.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
I would never use a Hideo Kojima-developed game as a fair comparison. He's on record as being a PlayStation ******. There's no doubt more effort was put into the Playstation versions of every game he has ever created.

Then I should believe on MS fan-website users?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss