Xbox One vs. PS4

jordbrett

Jun 10, 2017
Visit site
Hopefully with the One X coming soon more exclusives will pop up. I'm not bothered by games coming to PC as I prefer to game on my tv. I know it bothers some though. But play anywhere is a great feature.

Richard Loveridge

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Pretty straight forward. If you don't like PC gaming ( which sales suggests is alot of consumers ) then One X is the only choice. It's by far the best experience for all 3rd party titles. You can purchase on Xbox Live a growing catalog of Xbox 360 and Xbox original titles to play right there directly on the One X. Every year its reported that it has the most stable online experience by yearly tests and surveys. And has great exclusives like Killer Instinct, Halo, Forza Motoraport, Ori, Sea of Thieves, Forza Horizon, Quantum Break, Recore, Crackdown, Powerstar Golf, Gears Of War, Rare Replay to name a few. Then theirs older titles which can be bought and played directly on the One X like Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Viva Piñata, Fable etc. Also EA Access and Game Pass are a great way to have a massive selection of titles instantly available to you if money is an issue. For less than the price of eating out you can have access to Titanfall 2, Battlefront, Battlefield 3, 4 and the new One, Mass Effect 1-3, Titanfall 1, Dragon Age, Dead Space, PvZ GW for an entire year. To be honest if there are any PS exclusives you want to play, better to wait for it to be less than a hundred in a few years. As the 3rd parry games will perform worse on the PS4 Pro.

Guest_aotf

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
Pretty straight forward. If you don't like PC gaming ( which sales suggests is alot of consumers ) then One X is the only choice. It's by far the best experience for all 3rd party titles. You can purchase on Xbox Live a growing catalog of Xbox 360 and Xbox original titles to play right there directly on the One X. Every year its reported that it has the most stable online experience by yearly tests and surveys. And has great exclusives like Killer Instinct, Halo, Forza Motoraport, Ori, Sea of Thieves, Forza Horizon, Quantum Break, Recore, Crackdown, Powerstar Golf, Gears Of War, Rare Replay to name a few. Then theirs older titles which can be bought and played directly on the One X like Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Viva Piñata, Fable etc. Also EA Access and Game Pass are a great way to have a massive selection of titles instantly available to you if money is an issue. For less than the price of eating out you can have access to Titanfall 2, Battlefront, Battlefield 3, 4 and the new One, Mass Effect 1-3, Titanfall 1, Dragon Age, Dead Space, PvZ GW for an entire year. To be honest if there are any PS exclusives you want to play, better to wait for it to be less than a hundred in a few years. As the 3rd parry games will perform worse on the PS4 Pro.

LOL So many things wrong with your post.
1) A service like steam as WAY more monthly active users than active users on XB1+ XB360.
2) you're using all subjective statements like "best experience", "great exclusives". You talk about yearly surveys and tests without posting them...

But let's put it this way. If you want to play a selection of old games, XB1 could be good for you.
MS seem to have shifted the focus away from making new games and are focusing more on bringing service that lets you rent old games on your new gen console.
MS hardly have any real exclusives. In the last 2 years they hardly announced any major exclusives or console exclusives. They have yearly racing games.

E3 2016
- Forza Horizon 3 (the yearly forza)
- State of Decay 2 (Indie game that could end up on steam)

E3 2017
- Forza 7 (the yearly forza)
- Next Ori (Indie game that could end up on steam)
- Super Lucky's tale (Indie game that could end up on steam)

They are investing money to delay small indie games on other platform. Yes, spending money not FOR their customers but against gamers of other platforms.

If you compare that to ALL those PS4 exclusive or console exclusive and see there is a clear difference.

Richard Loveridge

May 26, 2015
Visit site
LOL So many things wrong with your post.
1) A service like steam as WAY more monthly active users than active users on XB1+ XB360.
2) you're using all subjective statements like "best experience", "great exclusives". You talk about yearly surveys and tests without posting them...

But let's put it this way. If you want to play a selection of old games, XB1 could be good for you.
MS seem to have shifted the focus away from making new games and are focusing more on bringing service that lets you rent old games on your new gen console.
MS hardly have any real exclusives. In the last 2 years they hardly announced any major exclusives or console exclusives. They have yearly racing games.

E3 2016
- Forza Horizon 3 (the yearly forza)
- State of Decay 2 (Indie game that could end up on steam)

E3 2017
- Forza 7 (the yearly forza)
- Next Ori (Indie game that could end up on steam)
- Super Lucky's tale (Indie game that could end up on steam)

They are investing money to delay small indie games on other platform. Yes, spending money not FOR their customers but against gamers of other platforms.

If you compare that to ALL those PS4 exclusive or console exclusive and see there is a clear difference.

Nothing wrong with older titles being available. PC built its strength on this. Digital Foundry confirmed at Gamescom 2017 both first AND particularly 3rd party titles are outperforming PS4 Pro significantly to their delight. Praising the 3rd party devs for doing so.

My reference to PC gaming is in reference to the sales of games on Steam which Steam publish. Games like Destiny, COD etc all perform much much worse in sales compared to console. Showing the majority of gamers don't play these 3rd party titles on PC over console. So as I said the chances are the majority of gamers will choose console gaming. Game sales show this. So if a user is choosing between what console to get and likely doesn't game on PC then One X is the only choice to a console gamer. The best performing 3rd party titles with s Digital Foundry said at Gamecom PC high end visuals and of course MS exclusives its a great machine.

I'll pick up a cheap PS4 in a few years to sample a few select titles exclusive that I'm interested in. But with the 3rd party performance being quite large now I don't see why someone would choose the inferior hardware. It seems the One X is valued so far being Xboxs fastest ever console pre ordered. Good times for console gamers performance wise. About time we have more than just better resolution.

Guest_aotf

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
Nothing wrong with older titles being available. PC built its strength on this. Digital Foundry confirmed at Gamescom 2017 both first AND particularly 3rd party titles are outperforming PS4 Pro significantly to their delight. Praising the 3rd party devs for doing so.

My reference to PC gaming is in reference to the sales of games on Steam which Steam publish. Games like Destiny, COD etc all perform much much worse in sales compared to console. Showing the majority of gamers don't play these 3rd party titles on PC over console. So as I said the chances are the majority of gamers will choose console gaming. Game sales show this. So if a user is choosing between what console to get and likely doesn't game on PC then One X is the only choice to a console gamer. The best performing 3rd party titles with s Digital Foundry said at Gamecom PC high end visuals and of course MS exclusives its a great machine.

I'll pick up a cheap PS4 in a few years to sample a few select titles exclusive that I'm interested in. But with the 3rd party performance being quite large now I don't see why someone would choose the inferior hardware. It seems the One X is valued so far being Xboxs fastest ever console pre ordered. Good times for console gamers performance wise. About time we have more than just better resolution.

History has shown us that console gaming basically means that "power" and performance is not the priority.

For console gamers it's not a priority. If it was they would have all been gaming on PC for year. It doesn't magically becomes a priority to people because MS decides to make a powerful system.

Yes MS the same company that hardly invest in making any games for the last few years.

You can try to hype power, resolution and other stuff all you want.
History is against you on this one.

The NES (bigger library) beat the Master System (more powerful)
The GB (bigger library) beat the Game gear (more powerful)
The SNES (bigger library) beat the Genesis
The PS1 (bigger library) beat the N64 (more powerful)
The PS2 (bigger library) beat the Gamecube (more powerful) and XBox (more powerful)
The DS (bigger library) beat the PSP (more powerful)
The Wii (bigger library) beat the PS3 (more powerful) and XBox360 (more powerful)
The 3DS (bigger library) beat PS Vita (more powerful)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)