After all these updates, why haven't they touched Media abilities or Voice Commands?

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

So for me, Voice commands and to a lesser extent Kinect were the biggest selling points of the Xbox One over the PS4. Since last October, there hasn't been a single voice command added to the Xbox One voice vocabulary. I thought that is/would be the coolest thing. I also understand that they may be waiting for Cortana, but adding voice commands to run basic commands should be pretty simple from a developer standpoint. Like enabling voice control in settings seems like such an obvious omission. Does anyone have any thoughts as to why the Xbox voice/automation features are not being expanded?

Thanks!

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Outside the settings not being navigateable wit voice, I don't really have any compaints regarding the voice commands. Although "Xbox, eject" with a matching button (like on 360) would be welcome, it's silly that the only way to eject the disc is to press the button.

Media abilities have been touched though and even the voice commands too, just not the quantity, more so they've been tweaking the quality, but that's a bit hit and miss based on the patch. We sort of have a running gag with my fiancee of "oh, it's one of these patches" when "Xbox, turn off" doesn't respond properly or optionally the "Yes" after that.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
The only media ability I want is HBO Go... That's it. Then I can finally retire my trusty 360. I'd play the 360... I just can't stand the controller anymore since I'm so used to the XBOX One's ;)

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking more along the line universal remote-like features. "Xbox, change tv input to 5" or "Xbox, open DVR" (basically anything that's available through smartglass remote).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium