08-14-2014 02:46 PM
73 123
tools
    Can someone confirm you can get achievement points for these games? I'd like to know before I sub
    Yep, you can earn achievements. These are the full games not 'special' versions of them.
    07-30-2014 02:39 PM
    If were just handing out invites around here put me in line. I'll be looking to play some FIFA and NHL when this program launches.
    tk-093 likes this.
    07-30-2014 02:43 PM
    Well, damn! I just bought a 50€gift card to get me that 12 month sub for this, then found out it only allows you to pay with a card -_- I dont really feel like linking one cos I'd have to fake my address to an irish address cos I cant use the finnish store just yet. I guess I wont be getting my EA access until september then...
    07-30-2014 05:33 PM
    Yeah, it needs a CC because it sets up a recurring payment.
    07-30-2014 06:33 PM
    Well when It launches you should be able to buy a card from Amazon
    07-30-2014 07:15 PM
    IDK on Amazon, but they DID say it would be available at GameStop.
    07-30-2014 07:30 PM
    Soon, fans of GameStop will be able to purchase their EA Access membership in local retail stores. GameStop and Amazon will also carry EA Access memberships for Xbox One gamers across Europe, as well as EB Games in Canada

http://www.ea.com/news/ea-announces-...ss-on-xbox-one

Thanks for the snarky reply though 😁
    07-30-2014 10:44 PM
    What was snarky? Just saying I only saw GameStop mentioned, didn't see Amazon when I was skimming the article.
    07-30-2014 11:35 PM
    IDK...something still worries me about this. For whatever (rational) reason, I can't trust EA. They're going to do SOMETHING to make this a bad thing. They'll do some cable company stuff where it's $30/year for the first year with a 2-year agreement, then the second year is $200 or something, haha.

EA's not benevolent. They never have been. Maybe someone hit them with the common sense stick, but I'm not sure yet.
    Common sense has nothing to do with it... it's simply a monetary gimme for them. As it stands now, a majority of their catalog is sports games and those games usually have a very short lifespan with gamers. With this program, they're basically getting people to fork over cash to rent their old games.
    07-31-2014 11:24 PM
    We don't know that yet. We've got nothing to show what the long-term offerings will be. They could start going the way of PS Now and port old games into the "vault," and they might not wait the full length of a sports game's life cycle to put it up, we'll see. The common sense of it is to not wait forever, raise prices, and waste a nice opportunity to get gamers back on their side.
    08-01-2014 12:45 AM
    I find it astounding that Sony said that $5 for multiple (and expanding) kinda old games is not a good value, but renting one last-gen game for 4 hours for $5 is. It probably has something to do with the fact that they're barely tuning a profit and it's mainly because people are buying PlayStations and subscribing to PS+, but still.... That's an awful stupid way to say it.

I hope more publishers start doing this. If this is EA's service, I can't wait to see how great other services are. I'd be willing to pay 3 different publishers $30 a year. The only games I ever care about getting Day 1 are GTA, Halo, Fallout, and Titanfall. Even getting those 4 will cost over twice as much as getting access to many games from these various services.
    08-01-2014 01:25 PM
    It's $2 for 4 hours, then I think $3 for a week and $15 for a month. My concern here is when EA realizes people are hooked. That's when quality decreases, price increases, and people are too apathetic to take a stand (the reason EA's been so crappy over the past 5+ years).
    08-01-2014 01:52 PM
    It's $2 for 4 hours, then I think $3 for a week and $15 for a month. My concern here is when EA realizes people are hooked. That's when quality decreases, price increases, and people are too apathetic to take a stand (the reason EA's been so crappy over the past 5+ years).
    It must depend on the game because I saw a copy of Final Fantasy XIII-2 and it cost $5 for 4 hours.
    08-01-2014 01:59 PM
    08-01-2014 04:50 PM
    Remember, kids: Sony said that they rejected EA Access because $5/month for 4 games wasn't the value PS users were used to. At first, I thought that was an insult to the EA offerings. Now, after seeing $5 for a 4-hour rental, I realize they didn't want EA around exposing their horrid pricing.
    08-01-2014 08:45 PM
    Nah, there is pretty good precedent set for subscription services. Looks how Netflix backed off raises numerous times over the years. Gamers are an even more fickle bunch so they'd kill their own service if they got greedy. Plus, it's basically "found money" for them.
    08-01-2014 11:45 PM
    1. Netflix precedent in the past year or so: $10 stream and disc for $10 became $8 stream and $8 disc. $8 stream became $12 stream.

2. EA precedent: $10 Online Pass from 2010-2013. Pointless Origin requirement on many online titles in 2013-2014. Everything EA has done in the past 5 years.

Trust me, precedent is the exact reason I don't trust this.
    08-02-2014 12:08 AM
    1. Netflix precedent in the past year or so: $10 stream and disc for $10 became $8 stream and $8 disc. $8 stream became $12 stream.

2. EA precedent: $10 Online Pass from 2010-2013. Pointless Origin requirement on many online titles in 2013-2014. Everything EA has done in the past 5 years.

Trust me, precedent is the exact reason I don't trust this.
    1) Negative, Ghostrider. Netflix has tried to raise prices at least 2-3 times over the last 8 years, especially when most of the business was still shipping physical discs. Users complained and cancelled all over the place -- I was one of them. They buckled and lowered prices back at least two times that I can recall. So the recent pricing is damn near a decade coming.

2) The EA program more closely equates to how Netflix operated as a disc-based company. The online pass was basically the first iteration of this new program. They had to find a way to get into the secondary sales market and the new EA Access program is the result. So now, every subscription they sell is like found money because it usually ended up at GameStop or some other used game outfit.
    08-02-2014 10:33 AM
    Netflix around here did just raise it's price. It was like 7,99€/month, now I think it's 8,99€/month, although I think old customers were allowed to keep the old pricing at least for 2 years.

However checking the local netflix site now, it does say 7,99€/month, maybe they caved in to the customers complaining again like Svoboda mentioned. Also, I checked my email to see when they emailed me about the price increase, it was May 2014.
    08-02-2014 11:52 AM
    1) Negative, Ghostrider. Netflix has tried to raise prices at least 2-3 times over the last 8 years, especially when most of the business was still shipping physical discs. Users complained and cancelled all over the place -- I was one of them. They buckled and lowered prices back at least two times that I can recall. So the recent pricing is damn near a decade coming.

2) The EA program more closely equates to how Netflix operated as a disc-based company. The online pass was basically the first iteration of this new program. They had to find a way to get into the secondary sales market and the new EA Access program is the result. So now, every subscription they sell is like found money because it usually ended up at GameStop or some other used game outfit.
    Can't even argue back. You say Netflix doesn't change its pricing, I give two examples, you say "negative," acknowledge that it DID happen, then say "it's a decade coming" to defend the falsehood that was "Netflix doesn't raise prices."
    08-02-2014 09:18 PM
    Netflix around here did just raise it's price. It was like 7,99€/month, now I think it's 8,99€/month, although I think old customers were allowed to keep the old pricing at least for 2 years.

However checking the local netflix site now, it does say 7,99€/month, maybe they caved in to the customers complaining again like Svoboda mentioned. Also, I checked my email to see when they emailed me about the price increase, it was May 2014.
    Here, it went from $7.99 to $8.99, I think, though old customers got to keep the old pricing through the end of 2014 or something. I'd have to ask my sister, she's a current member. I dont' really recall, it's been a few months, and since I dont' care about Netflix, I don't tend to keep that stuff in the ol' noggin.
    08-02-2014 09:20 PM
    Netflix has definitely raised its prices a few times. Which I have never had a problem with. It costs money to run a business and improve/expand. They have added some great original programming and I have no issue with paying for a good product. Brining this back to EA i think they are experimenting with a great idea. What comes out of it we will all find out soon. I'm in for the first year because I support the premise and I've yet to find a used copy of FIFA for under $30 anywhere.
    08-03-2014 12:59 AM
    Got a code for the beta tonight. Not sure if I'll use it, since I might just do Best Buy's Madden trade-in instead, meaning I'd get Madden 25 for $35. The alternative is joining the beta for $30 and playing the old version.
    08-05-2014 08:21 PM
    Got a code for the beta tonight. Not sure if I'll use it, since I might just do Best Buy's Madden trade-in instead, meaning I'd get Madden 25 for $35. The alternative is joining the beta for $30 and playing the old version.
    If you don't plan to use it, I'd love to have it for my Xbox One.
    08-05-2014 08:26 PM
    Haha same here

How did you get a code? Did you join the preview program?
    Last edited by MobileVortex; 08-06-2014 at 09:09 AM.
    08-06-2014 12:34 AM
73 123