08-14-2014 02:46 PM
73 123
tools
    I subbed to this myself now, and I do have to say that if they just come up with another batch of games during this year and they arnt the suckiest games on the universe, it was easily worth it for me.

Btw, is there any official word if the games are like in GWG that once you "buy them" once you can play them as long as you have the sub? Or whether they will always permanently alter the vault so that let's say 6 months from here they replace the 4 games in the vault now by 4 other games, do we lose access to the earlier 4 games? In both cases it's probably still worht it for me, but obviously the GWG-way would be better :D
    08-07-2014 06:59 AM
    I think on their twitter account they said that there are no plans 'at this time' to switch out 'old' games for 'new' games.
    08-07-2014 07:51 AM
    Yeah, it sounded like they don't plan to remove games in the short-term, but maybe long-term. I'd guess they'd let you keep the games to play them, but if you uninstalled them, you couldn't get them back, but that's just my guess.
    08-07-2014 11:23 AM
    08-09-2014 08:31 AM
    EA Access Is Now Live On The Xbox One

Now live for everyone.

Will probably sign up for at least 1 month tonight.

See you on the battlefield or just field :P
    08-11-2014 01:15 PM
    Ho-lee sheet.

It was obvious it had to launch by the 21st, since they wanted to offer 5 days' early access to Madden 15, glad to see it's out sooner than expected.
    08-11-2014 01:33 PM
    Well that sure was fast. So far happy with the service. Like I've said before, the games they add during the next year have to be really scarce and really bad for this service not to be worth the annual sub. I'm totally aware the games coming to the vault won't be new, but for the most parts EA games (short from Titanfall) arn't something I need to buy on day one anyways. If over the course of this year they manage to add another 2-4 decent games, it's easily worth it for me at least. Well, it probably already paid itself back with Battlefield 4 with the help of FIFA and Madden :D

Hoping for NFS: Rivals and PvZ: Garden Warfare to find their way in to the vault. UFC could be sweet too.

On a fairly unrelated note, why not bring Sims or SimCity to consoles? You don't basically need a keyboard for anything in either game. Especially Sims would would great on consoles. Although I'm not sure if I want to say goodbye to my Xbox One as my fiancee would be glued to the Xbox playing Sims all the time :P
    08-11-2014 01:51 PM
    If only there was a way to sign up from work so i could get a download going for when i get home!
    08-11-2014 03:09 PM
    I got it today. What do you guys think of it? As a huge FIFA fan, I got Access this morning and drove to gamestop at noon to trade in all my EA games. Got $50 which paid for 1st year of access. I'm loving it.
    08-12-2014 12:07 AM
    Downloading all the games now. Was able to play the first mission in the Battlefield 4 campaign. Pretty epic really. Kept wanting to wall run though... gotta get that out of my system.
    08-12-2014 02:22 PM
    Downloading all the games now. Was able to play the first mission in the Battlefield 4 campaign. Pretty epic really. Kept wanting to wall run though... gotta get that out of my system.
    Keeps happening to me too all the time in every FPS nowadays :D
    08-12-2014 02:43 PM
    I had that problem with Destiny. I was going around a corner, trying to get on the wall, wondering why I couldn't do it. It wasn't that I felt I was playing Titanfall, but more that it was something I was expecting from such a futuristic sci-fi shooter of sorts.
    08-12-2014 05:15 PM
    Anyone having problems with EA Access, more specifically with BF4? It acts as if I don't have own the game, if I try to launch it (it's installed), it asks for a disc. When I go to store, it's trying to sell it to me for the 10% EA Access discount. I already played this succesfully many days. Other EA Access vault games work normally.

I'll give it a day or two and then contact EA about it..
    08-13-2014 02:03 PM
    Same here... Bit disappointing :-/

Anyone having problems with EA Access, more specifically with BF4? It acts as if I don't have own the game, if I try to launch it (it's installed), it asks for a disc. When I go to store, it's trying to sell it to me for the 10% EA Access discount. I already played this succesfully many days. Other EA Access vault games work normally.

I'll give it a day or two and then contact EA about it..
    08-13-2014 02:25 PM
    Same here... Bit disappointing :-/
    Well I'm a bit relieved that it's not just me then. Probably some kind of bug. Although it would considerably drop the value of this service to me right now (I do think it would till redeem itself over the year very likely) if they removed it from Vault (which they said they wouldn't do), not to mention the EA Access hub still says as if it was available as a vault game.

I'm hoping it's just a bug, but I'll give it a few days, but since this is not just me, I suppose we'll hear about this soon.

EDIT: Took a look at their twitter, filled with messages about this, they say it's not intentional and are asking for gamertags to help them look into this.
    08-13-2014 02:52 PM
    Curious, am I missing something about EA Access? Do you just get the demo or play the game for a little bit? I mean, it's $30 a year and still cheaper than one Xbox One EA game. Why? Does this always need to be connected to WiFi? How does it work for games like FIFA 15 and their upcoming titles? And why do they give you a discount in the store to buy it, if you already have it on EA Access? I'm still so confused on EA Access.
    08-13-2014 07:08 PM
    You get 4 games (Madden 25, FIFA 15, BF4, Peggle 2) to play for a year. I haven't seen anyone mention that staying online is required. The 10% discount is for games not in the Vault and DLC (or, if you want, you COULD buy a game in there to keep permanently). The mentions of the others games is just 5 days' early access. So, for Madden 15, you'll get to play starting August 21st, then pick it up on August 26th, and keep your progress.
    08-13-2014 07:30 PM
    You get 4 games (Madden 25, FIFA 15, BF4, Peggle 2) to play for a year. I haven't seen anyone mention that staying online is required. The 10% discount is for games not in the Vault and DLC (or, if you want, you COULD buy a game in there to keep permanently). The mentions of the others games is just 5 days' early access. So, for Madden 15, you'll get to play starting August 21st, then pick it up on August 26th, and keep your progress.

So FIFA 15 won't be in EA Access, just early access to the demo?
    08-13-2014 10:04 PM
    Yes, you get to play 5 days early. FIFA 14 is in there now, while the new one might get added in the next 6 months or so, I'd guess.
    08-13-2014 10:37 PM
    Curious, am I missing something about EA Access? Do you just get the demo or play the game for a little bit? I mean, it's $30 a year and still cheaper than one Xbox One EA game. Why? Does this always need to be connected to WiFi? How does it work for games like FIFA 15 and their upcoming titles? And why do they give you a discount in the store to buy it, if you already have it on EA Access? I'm still so confused on EA Access.
    You can ask the same questions about GWG games. I think the reason they are worth it to practiclly give away free is that either 1) once you have the basegame free, you might spend money on DLC 2) the games are at the point where they barely sell any new copies, this might be due to do age, second hand market and other reasons 3) to market upcoming games, you get to play FIFA or whatever for freee and go like "wow, nice game, I'll get the next one when it comes out" and you also get 10% discount for it now.But it's pretty safe to say that new games wont pop up in vault. I'd say 4-6 months typically minimum and probably requiring the game's own salling power running out, so it becomes financially smart to add it in a service like this that generates them money for games that otherwise wouldnt.Right now there is no special catch. Full game, full achievements, no LIVE Gold required (except for MP as always), games will be yours to play as long as you have EA Access sub running, all for the silly low annual price (monthly price isnt really worth it).
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    08-13-2014 11:20 PM
    You can ask the same questions about GWG games. I think the reason they are worth it to practiclly give away free is that either 1) once you have the basegame free, you might spend money on DLC 2) the games are at the point where they barely sell any new copies, this might be due to do age, second hand market and other reasons 3) to market upcoming games, you get to play FIFA or whatever for freee and go like "wow, nice game, I'll get the next one when it comes out" and you also get 10% discount for it now.But it's pretty safe to say that new games wont pop up in vault. I'd say 4-6 months typically minimum and probably requiring the game's own salling power running out, so it becomes financially smart to add it in a service like this that generates them money for games that otherwise wouldnt.Right now there is no special catch. Full game, full achievements, no LIVE Gold required (except for MP as always), games will be yours to play as long as you have EA Access sub running, all for the silly low annual price (monthly price isnt really worth it).
    Thanks for clearing that up. I thought they were doing that for all their games and new games at launch, my bad.

What what are GWG games? Lol.
    08-14-2014 04:15 AM
    Thanks for clearing that up. I thought they were doing that for all their games and new games at launch, my bad.What what are GWG games? Lol.
    Games With Gold
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    08-14-2014 06:56 AM
    Games With Gold

Ah, thanks.
    08-14-2014 02:46 PM
73 123