08-14-2014 01:46 PM
73 123
tools
    07-29-2014 12:47 PM
    I already own most of those games. Titanfall (and future iterations of it) aren't included. We'll see, I'll keep my eye on it once the catalog grows and if it always stays at that price point. This could be fun to play future Madden games without forking over an insane amount of money for a game I'll just get upset at...
    07-29-2014 12:56 PM
    I already own most of those games. Titanfall (and future iterations of it) aren't included. We'll see, I'll keep my eye on it once the catalog grows and if it always stays at that price point. This could be fun to play future Madden games without forking over an insane amount of money for a game I'll just get upset at...
    Titanfall will be included in the Titanfall premium pack for an extra $5 a month (;

No, but in all seriousness, I think it's because most Xbox One owners already own Titanfall, so there would be no need. This might just be a way to push games that haven't sold well on this particular platform. I'm actually excited because I don't own any of these games.
    07-29-2014 01:28 PM
    The only EA games I have are Peggle and Titanfall at the moment, so I'm very interested in this kind of service. EA isn't the best of the bunch, really, but as a publisher they still have a lot of great big titles under their name. I will definitely be keeping close eye on this. Not quite sold on those beta titles just yet, but throw in a few more games and I'm up!
    07-29-2014 01:34 PM
    I think in the terms of service it states that Titanfall and future versions will NOT be included in this. More games will be added. The first group are just in this 'beta rollout' it seems. Depending how quickly they add new titles to the catalog that you can download from will determine how excited I can get for it.

If Madden 15 is made available when the new Madden 16 comes out - I'm not going to care that much. If Madden 15 comes out 3 months or so after its launch... yeah... I'll get into that...
    07-29-2014 01:35 PM
    Yeah, this is a wait-and-see thing. I would subscribe to $30/year just for Madden, to be honest. If I bought it for $60, I wouldn't get $30 when I traded it in, so this would make that game alone cheaper. So, if they have the current installment in the franchise added to this, I'll jump at it, regardless of what the other games are (icing on the cake). However, I have no desire to spend $30/year to play year-old sports games. Peggle doesn't intrigue me, and BF4 was and is a terrible game. $30/year for Madden 15 interests me. $30/year for Madden 25 and other titles which have been replaced doesn't.
    07-29-2014 02:02 PM
    I'm pretty much into this for the FIFA access, and madden. I'll probably sign up for the year access on day one just because ill get my value out of it in those two games and i can cancel next year if it ends up a waste.

Note: If i owned any of the games on here, i wouldnt see the value. (i do own peggle, but i always want that. great time waster :P)
    07-29-2014 02:48 PM
    Will be interesting to see how this plays out and wonder if others will follow suit?
    07-29-2014 03:18 PM
    Everyone who is part of the Xbox Dashboard preview, check your messages. I just found an early access code to this new EA thing sitting in my inbox. :)
    07-29-2014 07:54 PM
    Everyone who is part of the Xbox Dashboard preview, check your messages. I just found an early access code to this new EA thing sitting in my inbox. :)
    Seriously? Must. Get. Dashboard. Preview. Code.
    07-29-2014 08:13 PM
    Yep, downloading madden 14 now ;)
    07-29-2014 09:28 PM
    Alright, cool feature. If you own the disc version of any of these games (like I do with FIFA and bf4) you now automatically own the digital version no disc required to play anymore ;)
    TheJoester09 likes this.
    07-29-2014 09:39 PM
    Seriously? Must. Get. Dashboard. Preview. Code.
    ^^
    07-29-2014 10:10 PM
    That's sounds great. I hope Microsoft's releases something similar for their games. Almost all my games are digital except those with Day One editions and I find myself playing them a lot less than the other games I have.
    07-29-2014 10:54 PM
    IDK...something still worries me about this. For whatever (rational) reason, I can't trust EA. They're going to do SOMETHING to make this a bad thing. They'll do some cable company stuff where it's $30/year for the first year with a 2-year agreement, then the second year is $200 or something, haha.

EA's not benevolent. They never have been. Maybe someone hit them with the common sense stick, but I'm not sure yet.
    07-30-2014 12:13 AM
    IDK...something still worries me about this. For whatever (rational) reason, I can't trust EA. They're going to do SOMETHING to make this a bad thing. They'll do some cable company stuff where it's $30/year for the first year with a 2-year agreement, then the second year is $200 or something, haha.

EA's not benevolent. They never have been. Maybe someone hit them with the common sense stick, but I'm not sure yet.
    I think Microsoft hit them with the money stick ;)
    07-30-2014 12:28 AM
    Man, I wish I was in the dashboard preview program.... I've been on Live since the OG XBox.
    07-30-2014 12:42 AM
    Can someone confirm you can get achievement points for these games? I'd like to know before I sub
    07-30-2014 02:52 AM
    Man, I wish I was in the dashboard preview program.... I've been on Live since the OG XBox.
    Same, 11+ years for me. I just opted to not deal with the preview because they used to screw up communication with friends when you were in a dashboard/update beta, and I didn't want to risk that. Then, I just didn't care to ask for an invite, so I didn't.
    07-30-2014 03:22 AM
    By being in the preview I got access to the beta like others have mentioned.

I almost pulled the trigger last night... But as some people have been saying... It is EA, I expect something bad to happen. It doesn't help that it auto renews. I might wait until Amazon starts to sell the codes.

And if they only add games to the vault when the next version is out then I really see little value in this.
    07-30-2014 05:13 AM
    Same here, i was a first Gen beta tester before LIVE went live.
    07-30-2014 06:11 AM
    Same, 11+ years for me. I just opted to not deal with the preview because they used to screw up communication with friends when you were in a dashboard/update beta, and I didn't want to risk that. Then, I just didn't care to ask for an invite, so I didn't.
    The first update did that because they changed how communication worked on the XBOX One. And you weren't able to voice chat with friends not on the preview build for MAYBE 1 week. They have literally never had that 'problem' since (and it wasn't a problem either since they even informed new users of that when they signed up for the preview).
    07-30-2014 09:26 AM
    How does EA win in this deal? They get money. People are going to be paying them (stupidly) 5 bucks every month or (smartly) 30 bucks a year.

EA is cutting out the used game market with this strategy. Instead of only getting the 'first' purchase and no cut of resold games, EA is going to make money every month on these subscriptions. If EA can continue to release games at a steady rate this strategy will start making GOBS of money. If a game becomes available in The Vault a little after 3-6 months after initial release it'll be a huge money maker and I can see people flocking to XBOX One for it.

BTW - YOU DON'T NEED XBOX LIVE GOLD to use this. You only need gold if you want to play online.

Gamestop gets a little bone thrown to them by being able to sell EA Access to customers in store (even if it means less people trading in games).

Microsoft wins because its a feather in their cap that they can (and will) tout over Sony - who doesn't see the value in a service like this. But if it becomes hugely successful (which is a very real possibility) I can see Sony doing their own turn around on this...

The future looks weird if many other publishers do something like this. But I'd really only subscribe (once more games come out) to this for EA and Activision. Those are the two biggest publishers in the video game world.

This is the stuff I hoped that Microsoft would do before they 180'd their stance at E3 last year...
    07-30-2014 09:32 AM
    So can you send invites to the preview program via the preview app? If so, hook a brother up. :)
    07-30-2014 11:09 AM
    The first update did that because they changed how communication worked on the XBOX One. And you weren't able to voice chat with friends not on the preview build for MAYBE 1 week. They have literally never had that 'problem' since (and it wasn't a problem either since they even informed new users of that when they signed up for the preview).
    I meant that on the 360, being in a dashboard beta locked you out of communicating with others on multiple occasions.

Also, like was said, I'd gladly take a preview invite as well, if it gets you into this. Then again, IDK if I'd even sign up for it right now because all I'd want is Madden, and it's $20 for a physical copy at the moment.
    07-30-2014 12:09 PM
73 123