10-29-2014 07:34 AM
60 123
tools
    Pretty big news!

http://gamingbolt.com/spencer-clarif...XTyFR5Xbuhe.99
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    08-14-2014 08:40 PM
    Thanks for the spam. I have to go open this in a different browser because it auto-played multiple video ads, while throwing a screen-sized pop-up on top of it. I mean, that's ridiculous.
    08-14-2014 11:05 PM
    Thanks for the spam. I have to go open this in a different browser because it auto-played multiple video ads, while throwing a screen-sized pop-up on top of it. I mean, that's ridiculous.

First off, it wasn't like that for me viewing it on my phone. Second, it wasn't my intention to annoy you, I don't **** people off like that on purpose. Third, if you are on your computer, I suggest using this service called AdBlock Plus. It blocks all annoying ads like that, but won't block non intrusive ads unless you change that in the settings. ;)
    08-15-2014 12:26 AM
    Games I'm looking forward to the most for the rest of this year:
    Halo MCC. Which I find hilarious. My most anticipated game of the year are games I already own... :P
    Sunset Overdrive - looks like mad, random, awesome fun :D
    The Crew - I used to love Need for Speed but it's just gotten worse and worse over the years, here's hoping this gives me my action racing fix I've needed for a while.
    Dare I say Minecraft? I already own it on almost every conceivable platform, do a I really need to own yet another version of it? Haha, it'll be great for couch co-op.
    Disney Infinity 2.0 - not sure if my wallet will be able to cope with it though.
    Shadows of Mordor looks like it'll be great too. Going to wait for some reviews though, not convinced on a day one purchase yet.
    08-15-2014 02:55 AM
    First off, it wasn't like that for me viewing it on my phone. Second, it wasn't my intention to annoy you, I don't **** people off like that on purpose. Third, if you are on your computer, I suggest using this service called AdBlock Plus. It blocks all annoying ads like that, but won't block non intrusive ads unless you change that in the settings. ;)
    Oh, I wasn't actually bothered by you. It was just a statement about the asininity of the ads on that site. I don't really care to use AdBlock because I know that companies use ads as a meaningful form of income, and I can usually tolerate them. There are only 2-3 sites where they are so bad I want to throw a grenade into the site's server.
    08-15-2014 08:21 AM
    Games I'm looking forward to the most for the rest of this year:
    Halo MCC. Which I find hilarious. My most anticipated game of the year are games I already own... :P
    Sunset Overdrive - looks like mad, random, awesome fun :D
    The Crew - I used to love Need for Speed but it's just gotten worse and worse over the years, here's hoping this gives me my action racing fix I've needed for a while.
    Dare I say Minecraft? I already own it on almost every conceivable platform, do a I really need to own yet another version of it? Haha, it'll be great for couch co-op.
    Disney Infinity 2.0 - not sure if my wallet will be able to cope with it though.
    Shadows of Mordor looks like it'll be great too. Going to wait for some reviews though, not convinced on a day one purchase yet.
    I keep saying I want to give The Crew a chance, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to. Forza Horizon 2 is out 6 weeks sooner, so the odds favor that if the reviews of it are solid, my impatience will prevent myself from purchasing The Crew. Of course, if I see asinine DLC I don't like stuffed into FH2 for $50 like FM5's Season Pass, that might change things.
    08-15-2014 08:23 AM
    Definite:
    Dance Central
    Sunset Overdrive
    AC: Unity
    Ori and the Blind Forest
    Fantasia
    Halo: MCC
    Fruit Ninja 2

On the fence:
    Madden 15 (will try through EA Access and decide if it's $54 better than Madden 25)
    Forza Horizon 2 (not a big racing sim fan but my daughter is interested)
    08-15-2014 12:11 PM
    Definite:
    Dance Central
    Sunset Overdrive
    AC: Unity
    Ori and the Blind Forest
    Fantasia
    Halo: MCC
    Fruit Ninja 2

On the fence:
    Madden 15 (will try through EA Access and decide if it's $54 better than Madden 25)
    Forza Horizon 2 (not a big racing sim fan but my daughter is interested)
    You can get Madden 25 for $15-20 on eBay, and Best Buy is giving $25 in trade credit for it, along with a $10 coupon for Madden 15, meaning you could buy the old game for $15-20 and get $25-35 off the new one. It's also $30 at Target right now for Madden 25, and they're doing $15 off a game when you purchase a $1 pre-order card, so you could get it for $16 and trade it in. Regardless, you could easily get $20 knocked off the cost of Madden 15.
    08-15-2014 12:52 PM
    Played a little madden becuase of EA Access. Man do i hate football games i just dont get it...

To each their own i guess, 100% not for me tho. I can watch football and play it all day. Put it in video game form and you might as well be playing Farmville to me. Snoozefest.
    08-15-2014 03:12 PM
    Oh, I wasn't actually bothered by you. It was just a statement about the asininity of the ads on that site. I don't really care to use AdBlock because I know that companies use ads as a meaningful form of income, and I can usually tolerate them. There are only 2-3 sites where they are so bad I want to throw a grenade into the site's server.

You can always white list sites to disable adblock plus on their sites, but leave it on very annoying sites. Like I have it disabled on youtube and WPC, but annoying sites with ads all over the place, I have it enabled.
    08-15-2014 05:56 PM
    Oh, I'd totally leave it on WPC. I'm really annoyed with how they've stuck the occasional auto-playing video ad WITH SOUND on the site.
    08-15-2014 10:42 PM
    Keith, for your first post, I suggest putting this link in there, as this shows ALL the games that came out in 2014. It's a pretty neat Wikipedia page.

2014 in video gaming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    08-16-2014 03:11 AM
    Oh, I'd totally leave it on WPC. I'm really annoyed with how they've stuck the occasional auto-playing video ad WITH SOUND on the site.
    Wait, what? Are you saying you would use AdBlock Plus on WPC or no? The reason why I have it disabled on WPC and YouTube is because I like Mobile Nations, and for YouTube, I want to support independent YouTubers.
    08-16-2014 03:32 AM
    Wait, what? Are you saying you would use AdBlock Plus on WPC or no? The reason why I have it disabled on WPC and YouTube is because I like Mobile Nations, and for YouTube, I want to support independent YouTubers.
    As far as sites I regularly visit go, WPC and FanGraphs are the ONLY ones who use auto-playing video ads. As such, I most certainly would. Like I said though, I just learn to put up with stuff. Worst-case scenario, I open the page in Firefox instead of IE, because a lot of that crap is Flash-based in FF, and I didn't install Flash when I re-installed my OS (on purpose).
    08-16-2014 09:00 AM
    Keith, for your first post, I suggest putting this link in there, as this shows ALL the games that came out in 2014. It's a pretty neat Wikipedia page.

2014 in video gaming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I'm going to add this one: List of Xbox One games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's just the One games (the topic at-hand), and it can be sorted by date.
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    08-16-2014 09:02 AM
    I'm going to add this one: List of Xbox One games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's just the One games (the topic at-hand), and it can be sorted by date.

Even better! :D
    08-16-2014 03:41 PM
    Gave up on dealing with Newegg and bought The Golf Club with my card through the Xbox Store, so trying that out in a few.
    08-21-2014 07:34 PM
    Let us know how The Golf Club is. I'm very curious. I've been looking for a good golf game on the One. I have Powerstar, but it's a little too cartoonish for me. I guess I still miss the days of Links 386 :D
    08-22-2014 08:05 AM
    Been playing a bit of Madden 15 through EA Access... wow. This game is so much better than Madden 25. It actually looks next gen now. It plays at a faster rate (it seems) than previous versions. It feels more like NFL 2k5 than previous Madden games. Which is fine by me.
    08-22-2014 08:16 AM
    Let us know how The Golf Club is. I'm very curious. I've been looking for a good golf game on the One. I have Powerstar, but it's a little too cartoonish for me. I guess I still miss the days of Links 386 :D
    If you want, message me on LIVE later, and I'll put it up on Twitch. I'm binging on Doctor Who today, but I can take a break and show it off.

I've only played 3 or 4 rounds, but it's a tough game to recommend at $35. I got it for $18 an change because I had Bing Rewards credit, so it wasn't too bad. The graphics are the worst I've seen on a game in YEARS though, and it's clear that they were wrong to call this anything other than a beta. It's a very limited game, but the core gameplay is pretty good.
    ncxcstud likes this.
    08-22-2014 02:48 PM
    So, I ended up finding Diablo III: Reaper of Souls for XBOX One at my local video game store for 42.95. That's a pretty big steal as its on sale for 59.99 everywhere else and 54.95 used at Gamestop... I'm impressed with it so far :). Still had the 'dlc' cauldrons in the box too.
    08-22-2014 05:11 PM
    Pretty cool. Those games never really intrigued me, for whatever reason. I guess I just wasn't into PC games back then, and I don't want to go back and get the first two so I can play the third, so Diablo III never really interested me.
    08-22-2014 05:33 PM
    Pretty cool. Those games never really intrigued me, for whatever reason. I guess I just wasn't into PC games back then, and I don't want to go back and get the first two so I can play the third, so Diablo III never really interested me.

Hey Keith, I never found out, but what's your gamertag?
    08-22-2014 07:38 PM
    It's somewhere on the forum: https://account.xbox.com/en-US/Profi...rTag=Lil+Frier

Pretty sure you're on my friends list.
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    08-22-2014 08:19 PM
    Been playing a bit of Madden 15 through EA Access... wow. This game is so much better than Madden 25. It actually looks next gen now. It plays at a faster rate (it seems) than previous versions. It feels more like NFL 2k5 than previous Madden games. Which is fine by me.
    Agree with your impressions for the most part. Madden doesn't have the feel of running the ball that NFL2K had, it's still like floating on air. The graphics, presentation and Ultimate Team mode are great. I'm probably going to break down and buy it.
    08-22-2014 09:33 PM
60 123