"Rest of 2014" Games Thread

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
If you like CoD - there really isn't a reason why you wouldn't like Titanfall, they play very similar. The only thing it is missing is a single player experience and those big set pieces...

Though, I have a LOT more fun with Titanfall than CoD.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the spam. I have to go open this in a different browser because it auto-played multiple video ads, while throwing a screen-sized pop-up on top of it. I mean, that's ridiculous.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the spam. I have to go open this in a different browser because it auto-played multiple video ads, while throwing a screen-sized pop-up on top of it. I mean, that's ridiculous.

First off, it wasn't like that for me viewing it on my phone. Second, it wasn't my intention to annoy you, I don't **** people off like that on purpose. Third, if you are on your computer, I suggest using this service called AdBlock Plus. It blocks all annoying ads like that, but won't block non intrusive ads unless you change that in the settings. ;)

lambomang

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Games I'm looking forward to the most for the rest of this year:
Halo MCC. Which I find hilarious. My most anticipated game of the year are games I already own... :p
Sunset Overdrive - looks like mad, random, awesome fun :D
The Crew - I used to love Need for Speed but it's just gotten worse and worse over the years, here's hoping this gives me my action racing fix I've needed for a while.
Dare I say Minecraft? I already own it on almost every conceivable platform, do a I really need to own yet another version of it? Haha, it'll be great for couch co-op.
Disney Infinity 2.0 - not sure if my wallet will be able to cope with it though.
Shadows of Mordor looks like it'll be great too. Going to wait for some reviews though, not convinced on a day one purchase yet.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
First off, it wasn't like that for me viewing it on my phone. Second, it wasn't my intention to annoy you, I don't **** people off like that on purpose. Third, if you are on your computer, I suggest using this service called AdBlock Plus. It blocks all annoying ads like that, but won't block non intrusive ads unless you change that in the settings. ;)

Oh, I wasn't actually bothered by you. It was just a statement about the asininity of the ads on that site. I don't really care to use AdBlock because I know that companies use ads as a meaningful form of income, and I can usually tolerate them. There are only 2-3 sites where they are so bad I want to throw a grenade into the site's server.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Games I'm looking forward to the most for the rest of this year:
Halo MCC. Which I find hilarious. My most anticipated game of the year are games I already own... :p
Sunset Overdrive - looks like mad, random, awesome fun :D
The Crew - I used to love Need for Speed but it's just gotten worse and worse over the years, here's hoping this gives me my action racing fix I've needed for a while.
Dare I say Minecraft? I already own it on almost every conceivable platform, do a I really need to own yet another version of it? Haha, it'll be great for couch co-op.
Disney Infinity 2.0 - not sure if my wallet will be able to cope with it though.
Shadows of Mordor looks like it'll be great too. Going to wait for some reviews though, not convinced on a day one purchase yet.

I keep saying I want to give The Crew a chance, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to. Forza Horizon 2 is out 6 weeks sooner, so the odds favor that if the reviews of it are solid, my impatience will prevent myself from purchasing The Crew. Of course, if I see asinine DLC I don't like stuffed into FH2 for $50 like FM5's Season Pass, that might change things.

michfan

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Definite:
Dance Central
Sunset Overdrive
AC: Unity
Ori and the Blind Forest
Fantasia
Halo: MCC
Fruit Ninja 2

On the fence:
Madden 15 (will try through EA Access and decide if it's $54 better than Madden 25)
Forza Horizon 2 (not a big racing sim fan but my daughter is interested)

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Definite:
Dance Central
Sunset Overdrive
AC: Unity
Ori and the Blind Forest
Fantasia
Halo: MCC
Fruit Ninja 2

On the fence:
Madden 15 (will try through EA Access and decide if it's $54 better than Madden 25)
Forza Horizon 2 (not a big racing sim fan but my daughter is interested)

You can get Madden 25 for $15-20 on eBay, and Best Buy is giving $25 in trade credit for it, along with a $10 coupon for Madden 15, meaning you could buy the old game for $15-20 and get $25-35 off the new one. It's also $30 at Target right now for Madden 25, and they're doing $15 off a game when you purchase a $1 pre-order card, so you could get it for $16 and trade it in. Regardless, you could easily get $20 knocked off the cost of Madden 15.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Played a little madden becuase of EA Access. Man do i hate football games i just dont get it...

To each their own i guess, 100% not for me tho. I can watch football and play it all day. Put it in video game form and you might as well be playing Farmville to me. Snoozefest.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Oh, I wasn't actually bothered by you. It was just a statement about the asininity of the ads on that site. I don't really care to use AdBlock because I know that companies use ads as a meaningful form of income, and I can usually tolerate them. There are only 2-3 sites where they are so bad I want to throw a grenade into the site's server.

You can always white list sites to disable adblock plus on their sites, but leave it on very annoying sites. Like I have it disabled on youtube and WPC, but annoying sites with ads all over the place, I have it enabled.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Oh, I'd totally leave it on WPC. I'm really annoyed with how they've stuck the occasional auto-playing video ad WITH SOUND on the site.

Wait, what? Are you saying you would use AdBlock Plus on WPC or no? The reason why I have it disabled on WPC and YouTube is because I like Mobile Nations, and for YouTube, I want to support independent YouTubers.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Wait, what? Are you saying you would use AdBlock Plus on WPC or no? The reason why I have it disabled on WPC and YouTube is because I like Mobile Nations, and for YouTube, I want to support independent YouTubers.

As far as sites I regularly visit go, WPC and FanGraphs are the ONLY ones who use auto-playing video ads. As such, I most certainly would. Like I said though, I just learn to put up with stuff. Worst-case scenario, I open the page in Firefox instead of IE, because a lot of that crap is Flash-based in FF, and I didn't install Flash when I re-installed my OS (on purpose).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99