"Rest of 2014" Games Thread

littlebib

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Let us know how The Golf Club is. I'm very curious. I've been looking for a good golf game on the One. I have Powerstar, but it's a little too cartoonish for me. I guess I still miss the days of Links 386 :D

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Been playing a bit of Madden 15 through EA Access... wow. This game is so much better than Madden 25. It actually looks next gen now. It plays at a faster rate (it seems) than previous versions. It feels more like NFL 2k5 than previous Madden games. Which is fine by me.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Let us know how The Golf Club is. I'm very curious. I've been looking for a good golf game on the One. I have Powerstar, but it's a little too cartoonish for me. I guess I still miss the days of Links 386 :D

If you want, message me on LIVE later, and I'll put it up on Twitch. I'm binging on Doctor Who today, but I can take a break and show it off.

I've only played 3 or 4 rounds, but it's a tough game to recommend at $35. I got it for $18 an change because I had Bing Rewards credit, so it wasn't too bad. The graphics are the worst I've seen on a game in YEARS though, and it's clear that they were wrong to call this anything other than a beta. It's a very limited game, but the core gameplay is pretty good.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
So, I ended up finding Diablo III: Reaper of Souls for XBOX One at my local video game store for 42.95. That's a pretty big steal as its on sale for 59.99 everywhere else and 54.95 used at Gamestop... I'm impressed with it so far :). Still had the 'dlc' cauldrons in the box too.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Pretty cool. Those games never really intrigued me, for whatever reason. I guess I just wasn't into PC games back then, and I don't want to go back and get the first two so I can play the third, so Diablo III never really interested me.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Pretty cool. Those games never really intrigued me, for whatever reason. I guess I just wasn't into PC games back then, and I don't want to go back and get the first two so I can play the third, so Diablo III never really interested me.

Hey Keith, I never found out, but what's your gamertag?

michfan

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Been playing a bit of Madden 15 through EA Access... wow. This game is so much better than Madden 25. It actually looks next gen now. It plays at a faster rate (it seems) than previous versions. It feels more like NFL 2k5 than previous Madden games. Which is fine by me.

Agree with your impressions for the most part. Madden doesn't have the feel of running the ball that NFL2K had, it's still like floating on air. The graphics, presentation and Ultimate Team mode are great. I'm probably going to break down and buy it.

rex.reyesiii

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Dance Central Spotlight (for "the wife") was suppose to be released tomorrow(sept 2)...

Not it says on metacritic it'll be on Oct 7. Can't find the news anywhere on why :D

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Rex its available (was available yesterday) to download from the XBOX Store. If you can't find it just search for it on the XBOX One. I downloaded the trial last night and saw a few people playing it on my friends list last night too...

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried Warframe? I've never really heard anything about it (minus passing mentions of the name) before today. Also, how dependent are the Achievements on making in-game purchases, anyone know?

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I used to play warframe about a year ago. Fun game good mechanics, but there it was really lacking depth. Just grind for elements and try to find good weapons. There was absolutely no endgame. That may have changed by now. I would love to hear i could transfer my character from the PC, but i know that's not going to happen.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
So, what have people been trying out for non-stickied games? There are two I've purchased and played of late.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor: This game's just wow. I'm REALLY strict on my ratings for games, so when I say this is worth a rating of 8.5-9.0, I mean that it's really awesome. The only complaints I have are that you get rewarded with your abilities too quickly, the game itself is rather easy, and the ending (no specifics) is a bit of a letdown. However, you get to have a bunch of fun slaughtering Orcs and Uruk in crazy ways, and the Nemesis system is really cool. This could be my GotY, after TMCC. It's a bit short (I beat it in a week, but because of the One's standby feature, I can't give a remotely-accurate time), but a blast to play.

The Evil Within: This is basically the exact opposite of Mordor. In fact, my best comparison is BioShock 2, and not in a good way. You're super-vulnerable, which I don't mind in a horror game. However, instead of making you feel like death is something to avoid and worry about, they set you up for failure so many times that after a while, you might as well be invincible, because death isn't scary, or even something to be concerned about in the game. The game plays REALLY slowly, and your guy's rather awkward in moving. The camera and filter are presented as a means of immersing you into a horror movie, but they really just serve as irritants in a game where I find myself just going "can't I just get on with it?" a lot, between frequent deaths (I've admittedly stopped trying to progress the story, instead opting to keep bashing my head against the same part of the level for the Achievement, which has likely soured me a bit). I guess I just don't see why this game would have appealed to me. As someone who is pretty hesitant and jumpy in creepy games (like the first BioShock and DOOM 3), I was pretty disappointed at how this "survival horror" game put no real emphasis on survival and just threw zombies and gory cutscenes at you, rather than anything that makes you jump or be afraid. This one's sitting around a 5 right now, and I'm probably going to end up giving up on it when I go pick up Sunset Overdrive tomorrow, and that's after just starting it yesterday.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Shadow of Mordor was really, really good. And you're right Keith - the ending was somewhat of a letdown and rather abrupt...

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yep, and now it's Sunset Overdrive day, but I'm still wanting to beat The Evil Within before I pick that up. I'm debating if I still want to go grab that today, or just wait until I finish TEW, so I can trade that in and not have to spend any of my own money on SO.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05