"Rest of 2014" Games Thread

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
So, rather than bringing up off-topic things in the Destiny thread over and over, I figured we could use a thread to discuss the other late-2014 releases we're interested in.

In case you want to see a list of the options: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_One_games

For me, the next game I likely get on the One is The Golf Club, but that depends a lot on its price. If it's the same $35 as its PC counterpart, I'll probably get it. If it releases at $50, I'll pass. It looks like the most realistic golf game ever made, and even though the lack of officially licensed gear (especially clubs) sucks HARD, the gameplay itself still looks amazing.

I'm also considering my first EA retail purchase in nearly 6 years, as I can get Madden 15 for $35 or so with their trade-in opportunity. I haven't purchased a Madden game since probably 2007, and I haven't played one since Madden 12, so when adding the fact that I haven't had a new baseball or basketball game in a couple of years either, I'm overdue for a licensed sports game. In that same vein, I will probably be getting NBA 2K15 as well, though my interest in my game library at the time will determine if it is a launch purchase or a Christmas gift.

I'll probably look at a racing title to fill the arcade half of my interests in that genre, since Forza 5 is back in my library for the sim side. I just haven't yet decided between Forza Horizon 2 and The Crew. The former is likely to have the more-technical stuff done well (driving physics and the feel of the car), but The Crew sounds like a better multiplayer option, and the nationwide map is a cool concept.

I was really excited about Sunset Overdrive as well, but that's faded a good deal since E3. I'm likely to leave that to being a Christmas gift, rather than buying it around the same time as I get 2-3 other games. Oh, and there's Halo, which is obviously a launch-day purchase. It'll be the 2014 shooter, with an outside chance I make Advanced Warfare a Christmas gift as well (since I hated Sledgehammer's work in MW3 and Ghosts was terrible).

If the prices are right, I might also look into picking up Tomb Raider and Ryse used, but they'd have to be sub-$20. Oh, and I'll be keeping an eye out for Pure Pool in the next couple of months, and I'll watch for what gets added to EA Access.

Last edited:

NickMon68

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
My list:

X1

Halo Collection
Sunset overdrive
Destiny
Lego Batman3
COD

But more importantly why are they no games coming for Windows Phone Xbox Live ?

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Games I'm interested in that come in 2014...

Destiny
Sunset Overdrive
Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes
Alien: Isolation
Fifa 15
Fantasia: Music Evolved
Assassin's Creed Unity
Halo: The Master Chief Collection
Grand Theft Auto V
Ori and the Blind Forest

Games I'll likely get in 2014... (with a combined almost $200 credit to best buy and a local video game shop ;))
Destiny
Sunset Overdrive
Halo

Games I might receive as a Christmas gift...
Assassin's Creed Unity
Disney Infinity (for my daughter.....)

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'd be interested in Infinity if it wasn't a Marvel game (and I was, before I learned that). I've sworn off the comic book stuff as of a month or two ago, and I wasn't into it in the first place, so those included starter characters didn't interest me. I'd want Unity if they'd give me a means of playing the whole series on the One, though I might settle and get the PC anthology.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm too tired to make my full list, but I'll tell you two games that I'm most excited for this year, and that's FIFA 15 and Halo Master Chief Collection. :smile:

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
For me it's the following, not in any particular order:

Halo: MCC
Destiny
Possibly GTAV

It's not that much but with WoW: WoD releasing by the end of the year too it's plenty to keep me occupied.

Last edited:

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I keep debating the new expansion for WoW every once in a while. I still wish that game would drop to $5/month, or $10/month at most, but even then, I wouldn't have anyone to play with. Your mentioning it just reminded me I want that game...

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I still actively raid in a guild that I love as a community. If it wasn't for them I wouldn't play anymore either. Been playing since vanilla, however I don't currently have an active sub as content gets stale in the last tier before expansion

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, there's a huge problem with ends of expansions. For the past couple, it sounds like they've promised more-frequent patches and shorter expansions (meaning that last tier doesn't linger forever), but it seems like it got worse with Cata and Pandaria, not better. I was never in a stable guild. I was in one during Wrath that was fun, but the raid groups were pretty weak, and they broke apart while I was on a break. Came back and joined a friend's guild, but it was a really old one that had thinned out significantly over the years. Took a break from the game again and lost my raiding spot in that guild, so that last time I played, I was basically doing things on my own, except for occasionally doing LFR or something with the 3-4 friends I played with in that game. Now, the friend who got me into that guild (and the game) doesn't play anymore either, and I have a hard time justifying the financial investment, especially with all of the console games I want to play at the end of the year and the time sink that is Civ V.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yea, as of right now, my 2 tiles that I must have is Forza Horizon 2 and the new COD (release day games for me), The others, I will watch and try demos of them, there are a few more that I MIGHT grab but, will have to see....

by the way Forza Horizon for the 360 was a great game...Instead of race and another race and another race like Forza is, Horizon is a open world racing game with a story and tons of cars.....was a blast to play.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
That's what I like about NFS: Most Wanted and Carbon, being able to occasionally free roam. It's also why I was looking at getting Rivals before I found out it required Origin. I'm waiting to see how it compares to The Crew before I decide though, because I have an online friend getting The Crew, and I'd like to play with him, but I also want to see how the maps compare. I think what would seal my choice of The Crew would be if Turn 10 announces that it's again going to have a $50 Season Pass of a crap number of cars tied to Achievements. I don't like being in a position where I can never get Achievements because of an unreasonable pay wall.

Also, I officially ordered a used copy of Madden 25 from eBay, and it's supposed to be here Thursday. I'll probably play it with my cousin for a week or two, then I'll trade it in to Best Buy for the $35 towards Madden 15. It'll be a brand-new game for the great price of $32, $22 after I get my $10 rewards certificate back.

After that, I'll watch for the addition to the EA Access Vault, and that might be my next purchase. However, before Madden, I'm keeping an eye out for The Golf Club's price, because I REALLY want that game. $35 (the Steam Early Access price) is my max buy-in, $40 would be pushing it. $50 and I'm out, because it's missing official licensing, meaning I can't use my Mizuno irons in it, which sucks.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone see the multiplier reveal for AW? I know I did! :D

What I saw was CoD: Titanfall Warfare Without The Titans!

Meaning, outside a single player campaign, I don't think CoD: AW will offer anything to me that Titanfall wouldn't.

Given, there were a few cool things, but in general I got the feeling that Titanfall does it better.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
As someone wrote somewhere else.... Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare... Prepare for TitanCall ;)

It looked sluggish next to Titanfall.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Meaning, outside a single player campaign, I don't think CoD: AW will offer anything to me that Titanfall wouldn't.

Given, there were a few cool things, but in general I got the feeling that Titanfall does it better.

Ehh, just because it's fast paced, has jumping, and futuristic, doesn't mean it's Titanfall without the Titans. So many people compare Advanced Warfare to Halo, Crysis, and Titanfall. Nothing like Halo, just a LITTLE like Titanfall, more like Crysis (not the same though). Although, those people at Crytek though...

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Ehh, just because it's fast paced, has jumping, and futuristic, doesn't mean it's Titanfall without the Titans. So many people compare Advanced Warfare to Halo, Crysis, and Titanfall. Nothing like Halo, just a LITTLE like Titanfall, more like Crysis (not the same though). Although, those people at Crytek though...

Well, Titanfall was also "futuristic CoD with double jump and titans" :D

It does make me wonder if this futuristic scifi is the next flavor of the month (year)-theme for shooters. We've come from the time when every shooter was pretty much WW2 to modern warfare for quite a few years now and now it seems we're starting to head to future.

But it did have a lot of Titanfall-vibe to it, but I guess that's inevitable when you have CoD vs. Titanfall (from the old makers of CoD) and then both had their distinctive concepts and now CoD basically hops over to the same theme as Titanfall. However it's not just that either. Until now CoD wasn't an exactly mobile game. It was fast paced and arcade, but you spent most of your time on the ground. Even Titanfall didn't invent vertical gameplay, but CoD sure as hell never had it. Now after Titanfall, CoD does the exact same.

I do think it's a lot safer to say that CoD: AW is "Titanfall without Titans" than it was to say that "Titanfall is just CoD with double jump and titans". Titanfall actually did a lot more than that even if the basic gunplay was very similar to CoD, whereas CoD is just copying what seemed to work for Titanfall :D

But I'm sure CoD: AW will be just fine, especially if one didn't enjoy Titans in Titanfall. But looking at the stream, it seems that Titanfall's infantry gameplay was much smoother and natural feeling. Obviously with CoD they have to exosuits or whatever so that can explain the unnatural abilities. Titanfall really feels "realistic" supposing that such jetpacks would be possible. CoD just looked a bit.. weirdly sluggish. That said, it perhaps feels like they took something from the titans of Titanfall (dashing) and added it to the players. But anyways, even if titans were removed alltogether from Titanfall, to me it looks like I'd still prefer TF over CoD: AW.

Rei Zanaliu

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

titanfall sucks balls

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos