Lost 2 Shirts

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Does anybody have any ideas on how to remove the scratches on the glossy part of the Xbox One? I've seen some YouTube videos using scratch remover that you'd normally use on cars.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
You could take it to a game store to have it resurfaced. My local shop does that for $1.

I've heard that you can spread regular toothpaste (not the gel stuff or fancy stuff) with a microfiber cloth - then wipe it clean and it'll work too.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
You could take it to a game store to have it resurfaced. My local shop does that for $1.

I've heard that you can spread regular toothpaste (not the gel stuff or fancy stuff) with a microfiber cloth - then wipe it clean and it'll work too.

How do you resurface it? I mean, cleaning can't get rid of scratches. My brother didn't take care of his Xbox One in his first year of College, and it collected dust, is a bit louder than my x1 in all power states (except full off, obviously), has a lot of scratches on the gloss and creaks in some of the matte areas in the front of the system, and broke four controllers (had them replaced with Microsoft support for free).

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
If the thing collected dust and is loud, it might just need some compressed air put to it. Dust in the system will insulate it and make it run hotter, thus a louder fan.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss