Want the White Xbox One Controller?

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Not that concerned about having a white XBOX or controller but I can see a time when we get a second Xbox One for our TV in the bedroom, could always go for a white one then and swap controllers if I fancy it.....

Bob

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Not that concerned about having a white XBOX or controller but I can see a time when we get a second Xbox One for our TV in the bedroom, could always go for a white one then and swap controllers if I fancy it.....

Bob

On Xbox uservoice, you get unlimited votes, so it doesn't hurt to vote. Do it for the people who want it! :D

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I really want a White controller but, right now, I would prefer to wait for my warranty to be up on my Xbox one.....Why ?

I am going to pull it apart and upgrade the 500gb drive to a 2-3tb drive. Already at 80% and adding 2 new games this month. Less than a year with the Xbox one and already seeing a problem with this.

I have no desire to put external drives with my game systems, more of a mess when my whole setup is set with 4 game systems and you cant even see a single wire (well, for the most part, if you look at it at some angles, you will see some)

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I really want a White controller but, right now, I would prefer to wait for my warranty to be up on my Xbox one.....Why ?

I am going to pull it apart and upgrade the 500gb drive to a 2-3tb drive. Already at 80% and adding 2 new games this month. Less than a year with the Xbox one and already seeing a problem with this.

I have no desire to put external drives with my game systems, more of a mess when my whole setup is set with 4 game systems and you cant even see a single wire (well, for the most part, if you look at it at some angles, you will see some)

I think in your case, you should've gotten a PS4. I own both systems, so I'm good, but for someone like you who doesn't want to delete game and doesn't want external drives, then the PS4 would be a lot better. You won't void your warranty if you replace the hard drive on the ps4, it's very easy, and you can even choose a hybrid or solid state drive.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
That's what I like to see, someone who thought out their online name to fit their personality, keep on being Unstopplable :winktongue:

Bob

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I think in your case, you should've gotten a PS4. I own both systems, so I'm good, but for someone like you who doesn't want to delete game and doesn't want external drives, then the PS4 would be a lot better. You won't void your warranty if you replace the hard drive on the ps4, it's very easy, and you can even choose a hybrid or solid state drive.

I have them both as well. Xbox one warranty is up in a few months (1 year warranty). The swap is not hard on the Xbox one, it's the software change over (Linux scripts to move data over)

I did vote, yes, would love a White controller but, my space issue is more important right now..

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I have them both as well. Xbox one warranty is up in a few months (1 year warranty). The swap is not hard on the Xbox one, it's the software change over (Linux scripts to move data over)

I did vote, yes, would love a White controller but, my space issue is more important right now..

Thanks.

And yes, I completely understand. Space is important.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Well, If you cant wait.....

The original image to the "I made this" version one here...
$_57.JPG

And this auction comes with the whole shell for $14.99 for the Xbox one in white....
Xbox One Custom White Wireless Controller Shell Parts | eBay

So, you could get a extra Xbox one controller, pick up the white kit, disassemble the controller, only replace the white pieces that will match the "I made this" white controller.

And you would have a WHITE Xbox one controller....and not have to wait a year for MS to release it, if they even do...

I'm thinking about doing this myself but, I only have one controller now (if friends come over, they bring their controller) and it's the Day one version, so I am not going to "disassemble it"

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Well, If you cant wait.....

The original image to the "I made this" version one here...
View attachment 78612

And this auction comes with the whole shell for $14.99 for the Xbox one in white....
Xbox One Custom White Wireless Controller Shell Parts | eBay

So, you could get a extra Xbox one controller, pick up the white kit, disassemble the controller, only replace the white pieces that will match the "I made this" white controller.

And you would have a WHITE Xbox one controller....and not have to wait a year for MS to release it, if they even do...

I'm thinking about doing this myself but, I only have one controller now (if friends come over, they bring their controller) and it's the Day one version, so I am not going to "disassemble it"

Same material as the "I made this" version and the Sunset Overdrive version? I heard the "i made this" version is glossy, and the SO version is matte.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Same material as the "I made this" version and the Sunset Overdrive version? I heard the "i made this" version is glossy, and the SO version is matte.

Yea, and go buy a "I made this" version that is going for $200 plus if you want a "glossy" one now... Just a option if you want a white one now... I'm thinking about doing it if I get a extra controller to try it with...

And looking at the image above (a "I MADE THIS" official controller) you can see the black is glossy but, the white does not look glossy, or is it just me ?

I'm sure if there is a lot of demand, they will release a white one but, if you want more votes, maybe the Xbox forums might be a good place to link it on ?

To be honest with you, right now your at 41 votes, your not even going to see MS look at it till you have a few thousand votes.

Personally I love White consoles, I love the clean look of white. If money was no object, I would own a "I made this" console and a White PS4.....the white WiiU is lower end, so I have a black one...something I never use anyway (Mario 3D land WiiU was EPIC, the reason I got it)...

Even thought about selling my Vita for a white one too...but of course, money IS an object and I just cant waste it

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Yea, and go buy a "I made this" version that is going for $200 plus if you want a "glossy" one now... Just a option if you want a white one now... I'm thinking about doing it if I get a extra controller to try it with...

And looking at the image above (a "I MADE THIS" official controller) you can see the black is glossy but, the white does not look glossy, or is it just me ?

I'm sure if there is a lot of demand, they will release a white one but, if you want more votes, maybe the Xbox forums might be a good place to link it on ?

To be honest with you, right now your at 41 votes, your not even going to see MS look at it till you have a few thousand votes.

Personally I love White consoles, I love the clean look of white. If money was no object, I would own a "I made this" console and a White PS4.....the white WiiU is lower end, so I have a black one...something I never use anyway (Mario 3D land WiiU was EPIC, the reason I got it)...

Even thought about selling my Vita for a white one too...but of course, money IS an object and I just cant waste it

Do you know if the Sunset Overdrive controller is glossy too?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Do you know if the Sunset Overdrive controller is glossy too?

No idea, I watch this stuff (my wife says I am nuts about white things, my 5 year old asked me what my favorite color was the other day...I said White...lol).

Can you confirm that any of them are actually glossy ? I can understand the buttons and triggers but, the actual controller itself ?

A glossy finish would not be a good thing on a Xbox controller or any other for that matter. A glossy controller would be slippery and not good for hardcore gamers who want to make sure they have a firm grip on a controller.

but, what do I know, been only playing this stuff from my Atari 2600 :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss