10-20-2014 10:29 AM
34 12
tools
    If you are like me, and really want the white Xbox One but already have the black one, you probably at least want the controller. Microsoft sells the AW controller, bur not the white controller. Want the white controller like me? Vote here so we can make it happen!

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/25...ller-by-itself
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    DavidinCT likes this.
    08-17-2014 04:07 AM
    Not that concerned about having a white XBOX or controller but I can see a time when we get a second Xbox One for our TV in the bedroom, could always go for a white one then and swap controllers if I fancy it.....

Bob
    08-17-2014 06:40 AM
    Not that concerned about having a white XBOX or controller but I can see a time when we get a second Xbox One for our TV in the bedroom, could always go for a white one then and swap controllers if I fancy it.....

Bob

On Xbox uservoice, you get unlimited votes, so it doesn't hurt to vote. Do it for the people who want it! :D
    08-17-2014 03:17 PM
    Please vote everyone!
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    08-19-2014 05:28 AM
    Anyone else want to help with the cause?
    08-21-2014 07:14 PM
    We have 18 votes, pretty good, but lets make that higher!
    08-21-2014 07:24 PM
    24 votes, nice! Keep it up! :D
    08-22-2014 04:08 PM
    Yea, I really want a White controller but, right now, I would prefer to wait for my warranty to be up on my Xbox one.....Why ?

I am going to pull it apart and upgrade the 500gb drive to a 2-3tb drive. Already at 80% and adding 2 new games this month. Less than a year with the Xbox one and already seeing a problem with this.

I have no desire to put external drives with my game systems, more of a mess when my whole setup is set with 4 game systems and you cant even see a single wire (well, for the most part, if you look at it at some angles, you will see some)
    08-23-2014 11:24 AM
    Yea, I really want a White controller but, right now, I would prefer to wait for my warranty to be up on my Xbox one.....Why ?

I am going to pull it apart and upgrade the 500gb drive to a 2-3tb drive. Already at 80% and adding 2 new games this month. Less than a year with the Xbox one and already seeing a problem with this.

I have no desire to put external drives with my game systems, more of a mess when my whole setup is set with 4 game systems and you cant even see a single wire (well, for the most part, if you look at it at some angles, you will see some)
    I think in your case, you should've gotten a PS4. I own both systems, so I'm good, but for someone like you who doesn't want to delete game and doesn't want external drives, then the PS4 would be a lot better. You won't void your warranty if you replace the hard drive on the ps4, it's very easy, and you can even choose a hybrid or solid state drive.
    08-23-2014 04:16 PM
    26 votes, cool! We need a lot more though!
    08-23-2014 04:17 PM
    That's what I like to see, someone who thought out their online name to fit their personality, keep on being Unstopplable

Bob
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    08-24-2014 02:38 AM
    That's what I like to see, someone who thought out their online name to fit their personality, keep on being Unstopplable

Bob

Lol, thanks.

I want that white Xbox One controller!!
    08-24-2014 04:07 AM
    I think in your case, you should've gotten a PS4. I own both systems, so I'm good, but for someone like you who doesn't want to delete game and doesn't want external drives, then the PS4 would be a lot better. You won't void your warranty if you replace the hard drive on the ps4, it's very easy, and you can even choose a hybrid or solid state drive.
    I have them both as well. Xbox one warranty is up in a few months (1 year warranty). The swap is not hard on the Xbox one, it's the software change over (Linux scripts to move data over)

I did vote, yes, would love a White controller but, my space issue is more important right now..
    08-25-2014 08:10 AM
    I have them both as well. Xbox one warranty is up in a few months (1 year warranty). The swap is not hard on the Xbox one, it's the software change over (Linux scripts to move data over)

I did vote, yes, would love a White controller but, my space issue is more important right now..

Thanks.

And yes, I completely understand. Space is important.
    08-25-2014 11:00 AM
    34 votes, nice! Let's get more though!
    08-26-2014 03:23 PM
    Well, If you cant wait.....

The original image to the "I made this" version one here...
    _57.jpg

And this auction comes with the whole shell for $14.99 for the Xbox one in white....
    Xbox One Custom White Wireless Controller Shell Parts | eBay

So, you could get a extra Xbox one controller, pick up the white kit, disassemble the controller, only replace the white pieces that will match the "I made this" white controller.

And you would have a WHITE Xbox one controller....and not have to wait a year for MS to release it, if they even do...

I'm thinking about doing this myself but, I only have one controller now (if friends come over, they bring their controller) and it's the Day one version, so I am not going to "disassemble it"
    08-27-2014 08:57 AM
    Well, If you cant wait.....

The original image to the "I made this" version one here...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$_57.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	78612

And this auction comes with the whole shell for $14.99 for the Xbox one in white....
    Xbox One Custom White Wireless Controller Shell Parts | eBay

So, you could get a extra Xbox one controller, pick up the white kit, disassemble the controller, only replace the white pieces that will match the "I made this" white controller.

And you would have a WHITE Xbox one controller....and not have to wait a year for MS to release it, if they even do...

I'm thinking about doing this myself but, I only have one controller now (if friends come over, they bring their controller) and it's the Day one version, so I am not going to "disassemble it"
    Same material as the "I made this" version and the Sunset Overdrive version? I heard the "i made this" version is glossy, and the SO version is matte.
    08-27-2014 04:44 PM
    Same material as the "I made this" version and the Sunset Overdrive version? I heard the "i made this" version is glossy, and the SO version is matte.
    Yea, and go buy a "I made this" version that is going for $200 plus if you want a "glossy" one now... Just a option if you want a white one now... I'm thinking about doing it if I get a extra controller to try it with...

And looking at the image above (a "I MADE THIS" official controller) you can see the black is glossy but, the white does not look glossy, or is it just me ?

I'm sure if there is a lot of demand, they will release a white one but, if you want more votes, maybe the Xbox forums might be a good place to link it on ?

To be honest with you, right now your at 41 votes, your not even going to see MS look at it till you have a few thousand votes.

Personally I love White consoles, I love the clean look of white. If money was no object, I would own a "I made this" console and a White PS4.....the white WiiU is lower end, so I have a black one...something I never use anyway (Mario 3D land WiiU was EPIC, the reason I got it)...

Even thought about selling my Vita for a white one too...but of course, money IS an object and I just cant waste it
    08-27-2014 07:20 PM
    Yea, and go buy a "I made this" version that is going for $200 plus if you want a "glossy" one now... Just a option if you want a white one now... I'm thinking about doing it if I get a extra controller to try it with...

And looking at the image above (a "I MADE THIS" official controller) you can see the black is glossy but, the white does not look glossy, or is it just me ?

I'm sure if there is a lot of demand, they will release a white one but, if you want more votes, maybe the Xbox forums might be a good place to link it on ?

To be honest with you, right now your at 41 votes, your not even going to see MS look at it till you have a few thousand votes.

Personally I love White consoles, I love the clean look of white. If money was no object, I would own a "I made this" console and a White PS4.....the white WiiU is lower end, so I have a black one...something I never use anyway (Mario 3D land WiiU was EPIC, the reason I got it)...

Even thought about selling my Vita for a white one too...but of course, money IS an object and I just cant waste it

Do you know if the Sunset Overdrive controller is glossy too?
    08-28-2014 02:03 AM
    Do you know if the Sunset Overdrive controller is glossy too?
    No idea, I watch this stuff (my wife says I am nuts about white things, my 5 year old asked me what my favorite color was the other day...I said White...lol).

Can you confirm that any of them are actually glossy ? I can understand the buttons and triggers but, the actual controller itself ?

A glossy finish would not be a good thing on a Xbox controller or any other for that matter. A glossy controller would be slippery and not good for hardcore gamers who want to make sure they have a firm grip on a controller.

but, what do I know, been only playing this stuff from my Atari 2600 :)
    08-28-2014 09:23 AM
    No idea, I watch this stuff (my wife says I am nuts about white things, my 5 year old asked me what my favorite color was the other day...I said White...lol).

Can you confirm that any of them are actually glossy ? I can understand the buttons and triggers but, the actual controller itself ?

A glossy finish would not be a good thing on a Xbox controller or any other for that matter. A glossy controller would be slippery and not good for hardcore gamers who want to make sure they have a firm grip on a controller.

but, what do I know, been only playing this stuff from my Atari 2600 :)

When people unboxed the I made this controller, they said it was glossy.
    08-28-2014 11:26 AM
    When people unboxed the I made this controller, they said it was glossy.
    Hmmmm..... I'll have to look into it... If it is glossy, it is glossy...the Image above is from a "I made this" controller and if your seeing the same thing, the white does not look glossy but, I will hunt down more image to find out for sure...Now you have me wondering..

Here is a better picture and I have looked at 3-4 pictures, NO question the white on the "I made this" controller is NOT glossy.

You can see the gloss on the buttons but, not on the white shell clearly in this image.

_57.jpg

Now if I can get the "I made this" silkscreened, and pick up that kit for $15, I could have one (not for resale, just to show off) one exactly like the original one.... All you need is the front part of the shell to do it...

That is a cool looking controller....No question I want but, not spending $200-400 (what they are going for on ebay)

and another to back up my point...
    _57.jpg
    Last edited by DavidinCT; 08-29-2014 at 09:30 AM.
    08-29-2014 08:23 AM

There's ways to look elegant, time and effort come with the territory of beauty. I have a Gaming PC, Xbox 360, and Xbox One in a small floating desk setup and minimal wires are seen except the ones I use regularly (Microphone, Headphones and a USB > Micro USB for the Xbox One Controller to my PC for games.) I also had it setup in my living room, then decided I wanted to get back into my competitive spirit so I moved it to a Gaming Centric location. In my living room it also looked beautiful, no wires with floating shelves. Both setups have a External HDD and as long as you get a modern one, it looks beautiful sitting atop our Xbone.
    08-29-2014 07:34 PM
    There's ways to look elegant, time and effort come with the territory of beauty. I have a Gaming PC, Xbox 360, and Xbox One in a small floating desk setup and minimal wires are seen except the ones I use regularly (Microphone, Headphones and a USB > Micro USB for the Xbox One Controller to my PC for games.) I also had it setup in my living room, then decided I wanted to get back into my competitive spirit so I moved it to a Gaming Centric location. In my living room it also looked beautiful, no wires with floating shelves. Both setups have a External HDD and as long as you get a modern one, it looks beautiful sitting atop our Xbone.
    I hear ya but, I look at this for a few reasons why I am seriously thinking about installing a internal drive to the system...
    1. Opening the Xbox one is not very difficult, look on youtube, lots of videos
    2. The hard drive costs, for a 2tb 7200rpm 2.5" drive, I am looking maybe 110-150, for a 2tb external drive (USB 3.0), I am looking at $175-250...AT LEAST
    3. no extra boxes or wires
    4. Only one drive on the Xbox one menu, no need to move games around.
    5. Most important, seamless, all in one box

Once the warrany is up....I do have a 700gb USB 3.0 drive sitting around that I might use for the time being but, I will do this at some point, it will be the best for my needs and wants.... Who else can say they have a Xbox one with 2tb drive internal ? :)
    08-29-2014 08:25 PM
    I hear ya but, I look at this for a few reasons why I am seriously thinking about installing a internal drive to the system...
    1. Opening the Xbox one is not very difficult, look on youtube, lots of videos
    2. The hard drive costs, for a 2tb 7200rpm 2.5" drive, I am looking maybe 110-150, for a 2tb external drive (USB 3.0), I am looking at $175-250...AT LEAST
    3. no extra boxes or wires
    4. Only one drive on the Xbox one menu, no need to move games around.
    5. Most important, seamless, all in one box

Once the warrany is up....I do have a 700gb USB 3.0 drive sitting around that I might use for the time being but, I will do this at some point, it will be the best for my needs and wants.... Who else can say they have a Xbox one with 2tb drive internal ? :)
    A lot of people since it's gonna be common practice, all I was saying is it isn't hard to make it look elegant. I was personally thinking of it, even opened the box to wee how easy, then decided in case I grabbed a second Xbox One, then I can just take the HDD from my competitive setup to my Living room for certain situations.

Sent from my LG G3.
    DavidinCT and unstoppablekem like this.
    08-30-2014 05:35 AM
34 12