Pre-Ordered a Xbox 🎮 One

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Those are some pretty crazy sums. I also have some student loan, about 1500€ worth. That's cos when I set up the possibility to loan on demand, they automatically paid me the first batch even if I didn't need it. With the other student support payments and my fiancee working mostly full time, I've managed 4 years in university now without needing to use the student loan. Pretty much the last year starting this fall, however they've cut my living support cos I have a daughter now ("hey, you have more expenses now, lets give you less money!"), so I might need to use some of the loan, but we arn't talking more than a few thousand.

But yeah, day to day living and food is pretty expensive around here in comparison, but stuff like the mostly free university education are some pretty nifty things of ours :D

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
haha only 60K? Mine is closer to 90K :(

I'll never pay it off, so i try not to even think about it. Except of course when that monthly bill comes in.

Going on an income based repayment plan helped my family and I incredibly well. Payment went from 800/month to 50/month. When you're a pastor - which doesn't get paid too much to begin with - getting any sort of help is a lifesaver.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Going on an income based repayment plan helped my family and I incredibly well. Payment went from 800/month to 50/month. When you're a pastor - which doesn't get paid too much to begin with - getting any sort of help is a lifesaver.
Yea i have lowered mine. I paid for a year the 800/mo but my savings went down QUICK as you can imagine. Now im wishing i would have just dropped my payment from the beginning.

My fiance has a masters with 0 Student Loan debt. her parents paid for her bachelors and her job paid for her to go back and get her masters. So at least we dont have 2 people with retarded amounts of student loan debit.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Yep, I'm in the same boat. My wife with masters has 0 student loan debt through scholarships and as a teacher the state of SC paid for her to get her masters. Very lucky.

I can't be too upset though. Going to a small private college and an even smaller seminary and ONLY coming out with 60k in student loan debt (though it saddens me that I can make this positive) is a good thing. I'm on my candidacy team in my synod (helping guide those who feel a call to ministry in the ELCA) and we've had to turn people away because they have OVER 150k in student loan debt just from undergrad!!! That's nuts!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99