11-22-2014 11:39 AM
52 123
tools
    I sometimes hunt Gamerscore, but only in games I enjoy playing (lately, Sniper Elite III). Gamerscore is fairly important as they're typically engineered to guide you in exploring much of what the game has to offer rather than simply progressing through the game).

I've mainly been using my Xbox to watch movies lately, but need to get working on the Hitler DLC for SE-III
    ​Hitler DLC???
    08-27-2014 11:07 PM
    ​Hitler DLC???
    The Hunt the Grey Wolf DLC pack. You get GS for finding different ways of assassinating the target.
    08-28-2014 03:16 AM
    Advice - trade BF4 in. Get EA Access for 30 bucks (per year). Boom. You've got BF4, Peggle 2, Madden 25, and FIFA 14.

Welcome to the club! get Diablo 3 ;)
    Yeah just got ea access for the year especially as its advertising dragon age: Inquisition
    08-28-2014 03:27 PM
    Yeah just got ea access for the year especially as its advertising dragon age: Inquisition
    All it advertises is early access for 2 hours. You get to play 5 days before release, but only for 2 hours.
    08-28-2014 05:06 PM
    Hey add me in ur XB1 my gt: Saiflowrider need more friends 😊
    08-28-2014 07:47 PM
    Great to have the new preloading and -ordering feature digitally. Now if I could just decide whether to go for digital guardian or just the regular thing with Destiny...
    08-29-2014 03:09 AM
    Great to have the new preloading and -ordering feature digitally. Now if I could just decide whether to go for digital guardian or just the regular thing with Destiny...

Do just regular
    08-29-2014 03:11 AM
    Do just regular
    Mmh, it depends at what price is the season pass available outside the bundle, I guess. If I'm gonna get it anyways, I'd like to take the cheapest option :D
    08-29-2014 03:21 AM
    Chariot is a really fun couch co-op game, I like it especially cos it's quite easily accessible. I'd like to play more games with my fiancee, but she isnt much of a gamer so she isnt comfortable with vast majority of games, but we had a great time playing this together!
    10-03-2014 09:38 AM
    I got some questions hopin some of you know the answers and that some of you work from xbox

1 will I be able to redownload all the arcade and on demand games I bought on xbox 360 to play from the xbox1 hdd
    2. is the xbox1 hdd realy an ssd ?
    3. if its still a regular slow hdd will the usb3 hdd that I add be faster ?
    4. does Skype come preinstalled on xbox1 ?
    10-13-2014 03:56 PM
    I got some questions hopin some of you know the answers and that some of you work from xbox

1 will I be able to redownload all the arcade and on demand games I bought on xbox 360 to play from the xbox1 hdd
    2. is the xbox1 hdd realy an ssd ?
    3. if its still a regular slow hdd will the usb3 hdd that I add be faster ?
    4. does Skype come preinstalled on xbox1 ?
    1. No backwards compatibility is not there.
    2. No it's a 5400 RPM HDD
    3. I cannot speak from experience, but reports show load times are a little faster off a USB3 HDD
    4. No, but can be downloaded in a matter of mins.
    Goosinurwife likes this.
    10-13-2014 04:16 PM
    Hi everyone, I'm Naveen from India. I bought new Xbox one. I've for a FIFA 15 with the box. I just wanna know which is the best games to play as multiplayer in action games and I also want to know can we install games via hard drive from torrents? Guys in New to Xbox please guide me through. Thank you 😊.
    10-26-2014 10:21 PM
    Depends what you classify as action game. When it comes to multiplayer shooters, Titanfall is king, IMO. Also pretty cheap these days. I would also look into EA Access if you can. For a very cheap annual subscription, you get 6 amazing games at the moment and the number is just going up all the time. 2 sports games, NFS: Rivals, Peggle 2, Battlefield 4, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare.
    Naveen Navi V likes this.
    10-27-2014 03:21 AM
    Now, slow your roll there, Coreldan. Let's not call that group "6 amazing games." Madden 25 was pretty unspectacular. Battlefield 4 was one of the buggiest launches in recent memory, and it's still not 100% fixed. Many folks complain about the quality of Rivals online (never played it, but no one I've talked to has given it high marks).

Granted, the other trio of games get good reviews. However, FIFA 14 is a prequel now, one which you can buy used for probably $10-15. Peggle gets high marks, but it's $12 at its peak, and I believe was half that, at one point. I can't really complain about Garden Warfare, and everyone seemed to love it, but it's probably able to be gotten for $25-30 now (though that price pays for Access on its own, or close to it).

You might as well wait a week or two and grab CoD or Halo as your first full-price buy. IDK if you're asking about online multiplayer or co-op, but I assume the former. In that case, as was said, Titanfall is about your only option (BF4 and Ghosts were especially bad releases), and while its campaign is trash and some things are imperfect, it's quite solid as an online shooter.
    Naveen Navi V likes this.
    10-27-2014 06:34 AM
    Thank you for the reply guys. I'm planning for battlefield 4 and Titanfal. With Xbox I got FIFA 15 half for that. One more question, can we download games from torrent and install in Xbox one?
    10-27-2014 09:22 AM
    No. Don't.
    10-27-2014 10:29 AM
    What is the difference in the basic XB one system and the verison with a game and Kinect? Are the systems the same, or better yet what are the specs of the basic System? I am buying one for my son for Christmas, and I am wondering what the route to go is.

Next question, What are the major differences in the 360 and 0ne besides hardware. Is the 360 able to do all the media things the one does? Like control via Kinect, etc? And all the apps available for the 360 as well.?
    10-29-2014 04:54 PM
    The specs on all Xbox one models are identical, minus hdd capacity. The cod one has double the size
    10-29-2014 05:02 PM
    What is the difference in the basic XB one system and the verison with a game and Kinect? Are the systems the same, or better yet what are the specs of the basic System? I am buying one for my son for Christmas, and I am wondering what the route to go is.

Next question, What are the major differences in the 360 and 0ne besides hardware. Is the 360 able to do all the media things the one does? Like control via Kinect, etc? And all the apps available for the 360 as well.?
    There are a lot of differences. As the One is a newer console, there are some 360 apps which have not transitioned (in many cases, they're still being worked on). As someone who only plays games, I don't really have examples of that. However, it DOES add things like Twitch streaming and the Game DVR for social media sharing of games, with the One. Also, the Xbox One can control a LOT more with the Kinect. However, if your son ONLY plays games on his console (no Netflix and such, making the voice commands mostly irrelevant to him), you'd be better off just skipping the Kinect, and putting that extra $100 into another game or two for him.

The consoles are all the same, with the only differences being that the Sunset Overdrive bundle is white, the CoD one has a larger hard drive and a special skin, some bundles some with the Kinect, and then bundles have different games included.

Also, note some things with the One for the holidays, in case they apply to you:

1. The Microsoft Store will give $100 for any 360 or PS3, when trading towards a One (this is a big thing to take advantage of, if he has an older model).
    2. If he has a newer model, Best Buy gives $100 for a 360 Slim with a 250-GB hard drive.
    3. Starting 11/2, all Xbox One bundles are $50 off. So, wait until Sunday to buy, unless you go to a place like Best Buy or Target, which will do retroactive refunds on lower prices.
    4. For this week and next, Best Buy is having a special where you can sign up for their Gamers Club Unlocked for $30 (normally $100-120), if you buy a game $39.99 or higher (so, if you intended to buy him a game outside of the bundle that is out, that would work). GCU gives you 20% off new games for 2 years, so all of those $60 games become $48 games. You also get the benefit of pre-order rewards certificates, meaning some games will get you $10 back in Best Buy money (if you shop there), so your next game could be $10 cheaper.
    10-29-2014 08:10 PM
    Hello Keith, I was wondering can I purchase games from my Xbox one without having live gold membership?
    I got to know that if a person has live gold membership then he can get discounts on Xbox games?
    Thanks in advance.
    10-30-2014 12:59 AM
    Hello Keith, I was wondering can I purchase games from my Xbox one without having live gold membership?
    I got to know that if a person has live gold membership then he can get discounts on Xbox games?
    Thanks in advance.
    There are 1-2 games/week that get the "Deals with Gold" designation on Xbox One. With those, you'll get a discount for having LIVE Gold. Otherwise, no subscription is need to purchase games digitally (which can be done from the console, site, or SmartGlass app). However, even with the Deals with Gold discounts, physical games are going to be cheaper, either through something like Gamers Club Unlocked at Best Buy, or simply because retailers (particularly Amazon) will put newer games on-sale within a couple of months. Meanwhile, Microsoft MIGHT stick a game onto Deals with Gold within 6 months of the game's release, but it might be even longer than that to see a game get a price drop.
    10-30-2014 03:39 AM
    G'day, anyone here use a sound bar on the Xbox one? Was thinking of buying the polk n1 surroundbar but thought id see if anyone has used it and their thoughts or if there is anything better around the same price?
    10-30-2014 06:15 AM
    Nick - I use the Vizio sound bar 5.1 system with my XBOX One. Works great!
    10-30-2014 01:44 PM
    Nick - I use the Vizio sound bar 5.1 system with my XBOX One. Works great!

Thanks I will check that one out as well. Does it plug directly into the Xbox one?
    10-30-2014 02:43 PM
    Hello, ive battlefield 4 bought it last week. Yesterday when I launched the game I got a pop up saying there is a nee update. When I try to update its getting hang, I cant even use mu controller to go back or go to the main page. Don't know what to do. Can anyone help me please.
    11-22-2014 10:05 AM
52 123