General Xbox One discussion thread

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I used to care about my GamerScore, but I don't care much about it on the One. They hide it too well, and even checking Achievements is something of a pain (I hate snapping the app and waiting for it to load). As such, I've KIND OF worked on the Achievements, but not really. I got all but 1 in Watch Dogs, but I haven't even looked at the full lists in Forza, Madden 15, or The Golf Club, and I haven't even touched any of the GwG titles yet.

Maybe I'll play Madden for a bit, then go and try to play a bunch of those little games. I'm not too far from 60K myself (59931), so maybe I'll get an Achievement or two tonight and break that.

Also, has anyone else taken notice as to just how wretched the Deals With Gold offerings have been? This week, it's NFS: Rivals DLC and a costume for a Killer Instinct character. Honestly, I want to go all-digital, but Microsoft's such an utter joke on the digital pricing department that it'd almost cost twice as much to go from physical to digital.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I noticed, my fiancee was like "how can he have that much points?" :D

I'm at like 8600 or so atm, but I never had the 360! But it's gonna be hard catching up to those that did. I also have a few RL friends with 60k GS or more that had the 360 for most of last gen. That's still quite a lot when you think... 60 games worth of points. Even if someone had the 360 the whole gen and the X1 for almost a year, that's still like 7 games a year fully completed and since most people don't fully complete most things, it's probably closer to 10 games a year, which is closing in to a new game bought every month :D

In other news, how are people's controllers holding up? Mine is still pristine and there is no wear on it, but I did fry the USB-port on it with a bad cable. I will get it warranty exchanged next month when I finally get a second controller so I dont have to be all controllerless :p While it's probably related to bad batches, but the PS4 analog stick coating issues make me wonder if anyone has anything similar on Xbox One controller? Overall I think the controller is a home run in just about every way and there's very little I'd change. I do wish they would've written the names of the menu and view buttons on the controller. It's really hard to tell someone "press the.. ugh.. button right from the Xbox-button", whereas 360 controller clearly has back and start (at least so I recall they are called?)

I had the 360, but I think you have higher gamerscore than me, lol. Then again, I don't hunt for gamerscore.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I've never cared about my GS. My account is 11 years old and i still have under 30K GS. I don't play a lot of random games, especially on a console. I always have and always will be a PC gamer first and a Console gamer 2nd.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I found myself playing nearly 10 hours worth of Crimson Dragon just cos it was pretty generous on achievements and that game was definitely one of the worst I've played in a long time. But it did get a tad better once you got a hang of the game, but still would be a game I would NEVER buy myself, but since it was on GWG :p

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I sometimes hunt Gamerscore, but only in games I enjoy playing (lately, Sniper Elite III). Gamerscore is fairly important as they're typically engineered to guide you in exploring much of what the game has to offer rather than simply progressing through the game).

I've mainly been using my Xbox to watch movies lately, but need to get working on the Hitler DLC for SE-III

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I sometimes hunt Gamerscore, but only in games I enjoy playing (lately, Sniper Elite III). Gamerscore is fairly important as they're typically engineered to guide you in exploring much of what the game has to offer rather than simply progressing through the game).

I've mainly been using my Xbox to watch movies lately, but need to get working on the Hitler DLC for SE-III

​Hitler DLC???

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Great to have the new preloading and -ordering feature digitally. Now if I could just decide whether to go for digital guardian or just the regular thing with Destiny...

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Chariot is a really fun couch co-op game, I like it especially cos it's quite easily accessible. I'd like to play more games with my fiancee, but she isnt much of a gamer so she isnt comfortable with vast majority of games, but we had a great time playing this together!

Goosinurwife

Banned
Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I got some questions hopin some of you know the answers and that some of you work from xbox

1 will I be able to redownload all the arcade and on demand games I bought on xbox 360 to play from the xbox1 hdd
2. is the xbox1 hdd realy an ssd ?
3. if its still a regular slow hdd will the usb3 hdd that I add be faster ?
4. does Skype come preinstalled on xbox1 ?

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I got some questions hopin some of you know the answers and that some of you work from xbox

1 will I be able to redownload all the arcade and on demand games I bought on xbox 360 to play from the xbox1 hdd
2. is the xbox1 hdd realy an ssd ?
3. if its still a regular slow hdd will the usb3 hdd that I add be faster ?
4. does Skype come preinstalled on xbox1 ?

1. No backwards compatibility is not there.
2. No it's a 5400 RPM HDD
3. I cannot speak from experience, but reports show load times are a little faster off a USB3 HDD
4. No, but can be downloaded in a matter of mins.

Naveen Navi V

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, I'm Naveen from India. I bought new Xbox one. I've for a FIFA 15 with the box. I just wanna know which is the best games to play as multiplayer in action games and I also want to know can we install games via hard drive from torrents? Guys in New to Xbox please guide me through. Thank you 😊.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Depends what you classify as action game. When it comes to multiplayer shooters, Titanfall is king, IMO. Also pretty cheap these days. I would also look into EA Access if you can. For a very cheap annual subscription, you get 6 amazing games at the moment and the number is just going up all the time. 2 sports games, NFS: Rivals, Peggle 2, Battlefield 4, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Now, slow your roll there, Coreldan. Let's not call that group "6 amazing games." Madden 25 was pretty unspectacular. Battlefield 4 was one of the buggiest launches in recent memory, and it's still not 100% fixed. Many folks complain about the quality of Rivals online (never played it, but no one I've talked to has given it high marks).

Granted, the other trio of games get good reviews. However, FIFA 14 is a prequel now, one which you can buy used for probably $10-15. Peggle gets high marks, but it's $12 at its peak, and I believe was half that, at one point. I can't really complain about Garden Warfare, and everyone seemed to love it, but it's probably able to be gotten for $25-30 now (though that price pays for Access on its own, or close to it).

You might as well wait a week or two and grab CoD or Halo as your first full-price buy. IDK if you're asking about online multiplayer or co-op, but I assume the former. In that case, as was said, Titanfall is about your only option (BF4 and Ghosts were especially bad releases), and while its campaign is trash and some things are imperfect, it's quite solid as an online shooter.

Naveen Navi V

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the reply guys. I'm planning for battlefield 4 and Titanfal. With Xbox I got FIFA 15 half for that. One more question, can we download games from torrent and install in Xbox one?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire