General Xbox One discussion thread

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
There doesn't really seem to be a thread that would be for the smaller things that don't quite warrant a new thread but there isn't an existing thread quite either, so this thread is for all that!

I'll start, I figured I would play a little Xbox One before heading to bed, but I ended up getting like 290 gamerscore :D Last 30 days' total is already up to 2815 GS or so! :D Almost makes for 3 full games in a month :D

Hector Guzman 117

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Hahaha I don't care a lot about GS , only when I'm playing Halo( I have all achievements in all Halo games) I think that with Xbox one I lost interest in achievements:\

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I didn't care about achievements in fe. WoW but with the Xbox one I've become a GS hoarder :D I might play a bad game just for the GS, crimson dragon comes to mind

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone hear or notice the Xbox sign in issues? It wasn't as severe as Sony'a DDOS attacks...

I didn't. But if it was just login servers, it wouldn't have effected me since I was logged in like all day anyways.

Lots of DDoSes going around.. this gaming community I'm a part of also got DDoSed yesterday.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Finally got around to finishing Max: The Curse of Brotherhood, so much other things to play, but now I'm up to over 3000 GS the last 30 days! :D ncxcstud is "fairly close" with 2000 GS the last month, but I'm leading out of my friends! :D

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Finally got around to finishing Max: The Curse of Brotherhood, so much other things to play, but now I'm up to over 3000 GS the last 30 days! :D ncxcstud is "fairly close" with 2000 GS the last month, but I'm leading out of my friends! :D

Yeah, but I passed 60k total ;)

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, but I passed 60k total ;)

Yeah I noticed, my fiancee was like "how can he have that much points?" :D

I'm at like 8600 or so atm, but I never had the 360! But it's gonna be hard catching up to those that did. I also have a few RL friends with 60k GS or more that had the 360 for most of last gen. That's still quite a lot when you think... 60 games worth of points. Even if someone had the 360 the whole gen and the X1 for almost a year, that's still like 7 games a year fully completed and since most people don't fully complete most things, it's probably closer to 10 games a year, which is closing in to a new game bought every month :D

In other news, how are people's controllers holding up? Mine is still pristine and there is no wear on it, but I did fry the USB-port on it with a bad cable. I will get it warranty exchanged next month when I finally get a second controller so I dont have to be all controllerless :p While it's probably related to bad batches, but the PS4 analog stick coating issues make me wonder if anyone has anything similar on Xbox One controller? Overall I think the controller is a home run in just about every way and there's very little I'd change. I do wish they would've written the names of the menu and view buttons on the controller. It's really hard to tell someone "press the.. ugh.. button right from the Xbox-button", whereas 360 controller clearly has back and start (at least so I recall they are called?)

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah - almost 9 years with achievements will garner a score like that. Especially when I only have like 3 games 'fully' completed.

Lots of renting :).

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
In other news, how are people's controllers holding up?

Mine are still in pretty good shape. Hell my OG 360 controllers still work like a champ. (Been playing a little Minecraft and finally got around to playing Witcher 2 to get ready for the 3rd.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb