11-22-2014 10:39 AM
52 123
tools
    There doesn't really seem to be a thread that would be for the smaller things that don't quite warrant a new thread but there isn't an existing thread quite either, so this thread is for all that!

I'll start, I figured I would play a little Xbox One before heading to bed, but I ended up getting like 290 gamerscore :D Last 30 days' total is already up to 2815 GS or so! :D Almost makes for 3 full games in a month :D
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    08-24-2014 03:37 PM
    Hahaha I don't care a lot about GS , only when I'm playing Halo( I have all achievements in all Halo games) I think that with Xbox one I lost interest in achievements:\
    08-24-2014 03:45 PM
    I didn't care about achievements in fe. WoW but with the Xbox one I've become a GS hoarder :D I might play a bad game just for the GS, crimson dragon comes to mind
    08-25-2014 12:27 AM
    Excellent thread idea! :D
    08-25-2014 12:41 AM
    Did anyone hear or notice the Xbox sign in issues? It wasn't as severe as Sony'a DDOS attacks...
    08-25-2014 12:42 AM
    Did anyone hear or notice the Xbox sign in issues? It wasn't as severe as Sony'a DDOS attacks...
    I didn't. But if it was just login servers, it wouldn't have effected me since I was logged in like all day anyways.

Lots of DDoSes going around.. this gaming community I'm a part of also got DDoSed yesterday.
    08-25-2014 02:17 AM
    Finally got around to finishing Max: The Curse of Brotherhood, so much other things to play, but now I'm up to over 3000 GS the last 30 days! :D ncxcstud is "fairly close" with 2000 GS the last month, but I'm leading out of my friends! :D
    08-26-2014 03:32 AM
    Come on FIFA 15, COME OUT ALREADY!
    08-26-2014 03:44 AM
    Come on FIFA 15, COME OUT ALREADY!
    Around here NHL games are much bigger than FIFAs, then again I don't really play either, but sometimes NHL games at a friends place :P
    08-26-2014 05:15 AM
    Finally got around to finishing Max: The Curse of Brotherhood, so much other things to play, but now I'm up to over 3000 GS the last 30 days! :D ncxcstud is "fairly close" with 2000 GS the last month, but I'm leading out of my friends! :D
    Yeah, but I passed 60k total ;)
    08-26-2014 09:23 AM
    Yeah, but I passed 60k total ;)
    Yeah I noticed, my fiancee was like "how can he have that much points?" :D

I'm at like 8600 or so atm, but I never had the 360! But it's gonna be hard catching up to those that did. I also have a few RL friends with 60k GS or more that had the 360 for most of last gen. That's still quite a lot when you think... 60 games worth of points. Even if someone had the 360 the whole gen and the X1 for almost a year, that's still like 7 games a year fully completed and since most people don't fully complete most things, it's probably closer to 10 games a year, which is closing in to a new game bought every month :D

In other news, how are people's controllers holding up? Mine is still pristine and there is no wear on it, but I did fry the USB-port on it with a bad cable. I will get it warranty exchanged next month when I finally get a second controller so I dont have to be all controllerless :P While it's probably related to bad batches, but the PS4 analog stick coating issues make me wonder if anyone has anything similar on Xbox One controller? Overall I think the controller is a home run in just about every way and there's very little I'd change. I do wish they would've written the names of the menu and view buttons on the controller. It's really hard to tell someone "press the.. ugh.. button right from the Xbox-button", whereas 360 controller clearly has back and start (at least so I recall they are called?)
    08-26-2014 09:51 AM
    Yeah - almost 9 years with achievements will garner a score like that. Especially when I only have like 3 games 'fully' completed.

Lots of renting :).
    08-26-2014 09:55 AM
    I finally joined the x1 crew this week. It had to be done when destiny and forza horizon 2 are just around the corner.
    08-26-2014 10:52 AM
    I finally joined the x1 crew this week. It had to be done when destiny and forza horizon 2 are just around the corner.
    Congrats! What games did you pick up?
    08-26-2014 10:55 AM
    Congrats! What games did you pick up?
    Forza bundle with kinect also titanfall and bf4
    08-26-2014 11:04 AM
    Forza bundle with kinect also titanfall and bf4
    Advice - trade BF4 in. Get EA Access for 30 bucks (per year). Boom. You've got BF4, Peggle 2, Madden 25, and FIFA 14.

Welcome to the club! get Diablo 3 ;)
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    08-26-2014 11:08 AM
    Around here NHL games are much bigger than FIFAs, then again I don't really play either, but sometimes NHL games at a friends place :P

I think FIFA's hugest market is the UK.
    08-26-2014 02:52 PM
    In other news, how are people's controllers holding up?
    Mine are still in pretty good shape. Hell my OG 360 controllers still work like a champ. (Been playing a little Minecraft and finally got around to playing Witcher 2 to get ready for the 3rd.)
    08-26-2014 03:13 PM
    Welcome! :D
    08-26-2014 03:46 PM
    In other news, how are people's controllers holding up?
    Not bad. My brother didn't take care of his, spilled beer in the triggers. :-/
    08-26-2014 03:48 PM
    I used to care about my GamerScore, but I don't care much about it on the One. They hide it too well, and even checking Achievements is something of a pain (I hate snapping the app and waiting for it to load). As such, I've KIND OF worked on the Achievements, but not really. I got all but 1 in Watch Dogs, but I haven't even looked at the full lists in Forza, Madden 15, or The Golf Club, and I haven't even touched any of the GwG titles yet.

Maybe I'll play Madden for a bit, then go and try to play a bunch of those little games. I'm not too far from 60K myself (59931), so maybe I'll get an Achievement or two tonight and break that.

Also, has anyone else taken notice as to just how wretched the Deals With Gold offerings have been? This week, it's NFS: Rivals DLC and a costume for a Killer Instinct character. Honestly, I want to go all-digital, but Microsoft's such an utter joke on the digital pricing department that it'd almost cost twice as much to go from physical to digital.
    08-26-2014 05:28 PM
    Yeah I noticed, my fiancee was like "how can he have that much points?" :D

I'm at like 8600 or so atm, but I never had the 360! But it's gonna be hard catching up to those that did. I also have a few RL friends with 60k GS or more that had the 360 for most of last gen. That's still quite a lot when you think... 60 games worth of points. Even if someone had the 360 the whole gen and the X1 for almost a year, that's still like 7 games a year fully completed and since most people don't fully complete most things, it's probably closer to 10 games a year, which is closing in to a new game bought every month :D

In other news, how are people's controllers holding up? Mine is still pristine and there is no wear on it, but I did fry the USB-port on it with a bad cable. I will get it warranty exchanged next month when I finally get a second controller so I dont have to be all controllerless :P While it's probably related to bad batches, but the PS4 analog stick coating issues make me wonder if anyone has anything similar on Xbox One controller? Overall I think the controller is a home run in just about every way and there's very little I'd change. I do wish they would've written the names of the menu and view buttons on the controller. It's really hard to tell someone "press the.. ugh.. button right from the Xbox-button", whereas 360 controller clearly has back and start (at least so I recall they are called?)

I had the 360, but I think you have higher gamerscore than me, lol. Then again, I don't hunt for gamerscore.
    08-27-2014 01:49 AM
    I've never cared about my GS. My account is 11 years old and i still have under 30K GS. I don't play a lot of random games, especially on a console. I always have and always will be a PC gamer first and a Console gamer 2nd.
    08-27-2014 08:37 AM
    I found myself playing nearly 10 hours worth of Crimson Dragon just cos it was pretty generous on achievements and that game was definitely one of the worst I've played in a long time. But it did get a tad better once you got a hang of the game, but still would be a game I would NEVER buy myself, but since it was on GWG :P
    08-27-2014 08:49 AM
    I sometimes hunt Gamerscore, but only in games I enjoy playing (lately, Sniper Elite III). Gamerscore is fairly important as they're typically engineered to guide you in exploring much of what the game has to offer rather than simply progressing through the game).

I've mainly been using my Xbox to watch movies lately, but need to get working on the Hitler DLC for SE-III
    08-27-2014 10:25 AM
52 123