October Update Brings DLNA Streaming

pratok69

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
I have been waiting for this feature since Xmas. Thank you MS. took a little fiddling but can now see movie files on a network pc and stream to xbox one. Hoping the future sees a much more polished front end type experience... similar to XLOBBY with cover art, ratings, descriptions... I have to add, the xbox one experience has improved steadily month to month.

pratok69

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
I know, it's got me a little confused. The preview pages call it the Oct. update. Anyway it's the 1410 update, with more file support as you mentioned and better DLNA support. It allows you to see the folders of a networked server (PC) and choose a file/movie right from the couch. Sorry for the ambiguity.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Need some help on this, I have been using the media app with a USB (Both a Sony Walkman and a USB stick) and it works, yes a better front end would be nice, but at least it works.

My desktop that sits near the TV/Xbox one has the Pro version of Windows 8.1 with Media Center.

Is this or can it become a DNLA server to stream music to the Xbox One, I know I can push stuff but it would be better to pull it from the XB.

If it can, what do I need to do to set this up?

Bob

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I got suckered in by the early release of the Sept update, seemed like more than a month ago and then I saw this thread.

Anyway, whilst we are talking about it, as mentioned my desktop is an up to date 8.1 pro machine. Had a look around the PC settings for any mention of DLNA and couldn't find anything, so is the PC ready to go or do I need to do anything at the PC end to be ready for when the update does get released?

Bob

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Any news on when the October update is coming out,its already the third and I have a pc to move, waiting for this update before I do it.

Bob

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss