Forza horizon demo Online

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Even better is being able to start the download while in class so that it is ready to play when I get home! ;D

Not better, because I already graduated and don't have to wait, hahaha!

DL is done, time to fire it up. If anyone is at work/school and is able to see a stream and wants to, just shoot me a message on LIVE. I don't stream things unless I know someone wants to see it.

Musaib124

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Not better, because I already graduated and don't have to wait, hahaha!

DL is done, time to fire it up. If anyone is at work/school and is able to see a stream and wants to, just shoot me a message on LIVE. I don't stream things unless I know someone wants to see it.

Add me up gFreak124 gt n giveme twitch username please

ioaniro

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
so, how is it? Is it living up to the expected wow-ness? I'm downloading now but is going to take a while... Anyone has some early impressions to share?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
So graphics are incredible as expected, it seems to have everything I will want as far as cars, drifting, upgrades and tuning. Will easily be the most fun Forza game to date. Now the physics aren't quite Forza 5 physics but are still better than every other game on the market. Need to play more to say anything else.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm iffy on it. I was hoping it'd be something that was immediately convincing, but I definitely would rather try The Crew out before I make a decision. I was disappointed that the one event I did with it raining had no bearing on car control, though. It looks fine, that's never my complaint. It's a little overbearing with the braking though, like they REALLY want you to drift in this game, but since it's not a NFS-style game, there isn't the crazy drifting that gives you high speeds and full control of the car at the same time.

I'd give it probably a 6.5/10 at the moment, but that's a VERY premature assessment. It drives fine and looks good, but I'm concerned about the lack of variable environments (since it's a localized map, as opposed to The Crew's nationwide map), and the weather didn't seem to matter.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm iffy on it. I was hoping it'd be something that was immediately convincing, but I definitely would rather try The Crew out before I make a decision. I was disappointed that the one event I did with it raining had no bearing on car control, though. It looks fine, that's never my complaint. It's a little overbearing with the braking though, like they REALLY want you to drift in this game, but since it's not a NFS-style game, there isn't the crazy drifting that gives you high speeds and full control of the car at the same time.

I'd give it probably a 6.5/10 at the moment, but that's a VERY premature assessment. It drives fine and looks good, but I'm concerned about the lack of variable environments (since it's a localized map, as opposed to The Crew's nationwide map), and the weather didn't seem to matter.

Are you sure you couldn't feel a difference with the rain? I only ask because my cousin and I both felt like there was a difference

ioaniro

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
It drives fine and looks good, but I'm concerned about the lack of variable environments (since it's a localized map, as opposed to The Crew's nationwide map), and the weather didn't seem to matter.

I'm not sure what you mean by localized map, I thought it has south France and north Italy, that might not be as big as the whole US but is pretty big. If they would extend it a bit further north to include Switzerland so you get access to almost all the alps you'd be playing this for 15 years :). On the other hand I'm pretty sure some voice in the beginning told me to enjoy the ocean and there's no ocean there :)

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure you couldn't feel a difference with the rain? I only ask because my cousin and I both felt like there was a difference

Yeah, it really didn't seem to matter much, if at all. I didn't feel like I adjusted my driving (you can stay on the gas entirely without responsiveness issues on straightaways, and turning's not really difficult).

I'm not sure what you mean by localized map, I thought it has south France and north Italy, that might not be as big as the whole US but is pretty big. If they would extend it a bit further north to include Switzerland so you get access to almost all the alps you'd be playing this for 15 years :). On the other hand I'm pretty sure some voice in the beginning told me to enjoy the ocean and there's no ocean there :)

When I say "localized," I mean that FH2 takes place in an area that stretched through parts of Italy and France. Neither country is fully included. However, The Crew covers the entirety of the United States, coast-to-coast (not to-scale, though).

Consider that France and Italy combined are about the size of the area including Montana, Idaho, and Wyoming. Then, consider that you're only getting a small part of each country. France and Italy really aren't all that big (France would be our third-largest state, while Italy would be fifth). Now, The Crew's United States is highly condensed (only an hour or so end-to-end, vs. probably 30+ hours in real life), but there are two things that I think about when I compare the two games' maps:

1. The Crew is condensed, but Forza Horizon 2 doesn't have even half of either country it coves.
2. The Crew's decision to be a condensed game across the whole of the U.S. means that there will be a lot more variety in environments. You won't see the snow of the northern U.S. in FH2, for example, and IDK that you even get to drive in the mountains.

Like I said, I like the demo, but it's not enough to convince me to turn on Ubisoft. Forza Horizon 2 seems like a bare-minimum, safe game. They gave us the weather effects, but I think only for rain. The map's detailed, but over a small area. Ubisoft seems like it is taking a BIG swing with The Crew, opting to throw a bunch of stuff at you, which could mean either a bunch of mediocre things that don't impress, or a highly-variable experience by location, and I'm curious to find out.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Well I had made up my mind I was going to buy Forza 5 after the free weekend, and now they do this to me.

As mentioned, great graphics, I also agree the realness of the driving experience isn't as good as 5, but I like the idea of cruising around, so what to do now, Horizon or 5 and no it can't be both, I am only allowing myself 3 bought games this year, already have Sniper Elite, only one of the above and maybe GTA when it comes out.

But what one.

Bob

ioaniro

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
When I say "localized," I mean that FH2 takes place in an area that stretched through parts of Italy and France. Neither country is fully included. However, The Crew covers the entirety of the United States, coast-to-coast (not to-scale, though).

I guess is a wait and see in this case, if Forza is not compressed in any way the map is bigger than 1 hour end to end for sure. And as for a particular country it covers most of the old Savoy I think :evil:. Anyway, I gave it a try and while is not the best driving simulator out there is a lot of fun. I will check out the crew as well though, I never drove the US and south france is much better on the moto :angel:

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm excited to try The Crew, I'm just afraid I'm going to be disappointed like when my non racing friend told me that Burnout Paradise is better than Forza 4. Talk about disappointment.

The Horizon 2 demo has convinced my cousin that he is getting an Xbox One for both Horizon 2 and 5. Forza Horizon 2 and Forza 5 are compliments in my opinion. If they stagger the releases like it seems they are, i'd be super happy and will probably buy each game!

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
My thing is that Forza Motorsport contains so many long-term Achievements that you need those 2 years to get them, unless you're full-on dedicated to just that game.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)