Need help about Forza Horizon 2 and Motorsport 5....

Whi5KID

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Hello Everyone,
I have pre-booked an XB1 in India. I would like to have a good racing game in my collection so should I go for Forza Motorsport 5 which is currently available or pre-book the Forza Horizon 2? I would like to know the differences between the two games. This is because I would be buying either of the 2... The only knowledge I probably have is that FH2 runs at 1080p/30fps while the older XB1 games (ones already released earlier this year) are mostly running on 720fps. Also, sorry if a thread was inappropriate for this question. You may re-direct me if ncecessary. :)

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Forza Motorsport 5 runs at 1080p/60fps and even for the "older games" they don't mostly run at 720p, it's more so that they don't mostly run at 1080p either, but something inbetween. Ryse for example at 900p is probably the visually most stunning game I've ever seen with my own eyes. Forza 5 is really really beautiful too, though.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
It all depends on what type of racing game you enjoy.

Do you like a more simulation feel with real world tracks? Then get Forza Motorsport 5.

If you like a more 'arcade' style racer with free roam missions while traipsing across the European countryside - Forza Horizon 2 is your game.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
If at all possible, I really believe these two games go hand in hand! I will own and play both for the next year. One of them gives me my simulation hardcore racing fix, the other I can goof off with friends and play in an open world.

rex.reyesiii

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
It all depends on what type of racing game you enjoy.

Do you like a more simulation feel with real world tracks? Then get Forza Motorsport 5.

If you like a more 'arcade' style racer with free roam missions while traipsing across the European countryside - Forza Horizon 2 is your game.

^ I agree with this, that's why am not getting FH2... but maybe in the future I will.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I am still making up my mind, I played Forza 5 on the free weekend, really good racing game, I am not a car driver (Ride motorcycles) but it is a very good simulation, make a mistake and it shows. I downloaded the demo of Horizon, looks stunning, but the car driving is "Less" real, for example you often go off-road in the races and can plough through a field of grape vines and the car just takes it all as though it's not there, although trees and larger objects can stop you in your tracks.

With Horizon you are free to drive about and enjoy the scenery whereas 5 is on tracks, you stay on the track, but it is a more realistic driving experience.

Think I am going for 5 and maybe next year could consider Horizon if I still have some spare pennies (Rupees, sheckals, dimes etc).

Bob

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Forza 5, Well done great looking, This is a standard race style game (finish race on a track and compete for the next one with different cars, etc, rinse and repeat),

Forza Horizon - More arcade style but, a RPG racer game. Open world game where you drive to parts of the maps to do racing with a story line to it.

Forza 5 is very limited because there is only 8-9 tracks, so after about 10 or so hours, it gets old, Forza Horizon is open world, tons to see and tons of different places to race....

So, it's all about what type of game you want to play, if your looking for every once and while to pick up and do a race, forza 5 but, if your looking for a story with a fun "quest", Horizon might be for you...

Good luck...I will have both :)

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Well there's 17 locations, and each location has multiple tracks. Not to mention you choose different classes and drivetrains and so on. You get a lot of unique races out of those 17 locations!

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
pick them both, FM5 is a closed track simulation, lot of cars, but not too many tracks. Actually I think it's the biggest downside of the game, there is simply not enough tracks and you might get bored after while racing the same tracks again and again, no day/night, no dynamic wheather.

FH2 is open world arcade, demo looks great, but only time will tell how good it will be in a long term. I am definitely picking it day1 as I am sure it will work fine for what it is, means having fun with friends, exploring the open world. graphics looks great, day/night mode, dynamic weather. it really looks stunning.
first thng to do is to turn off all those assistants, assists lines, etc.. and the driving model is actually not bad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos