Some tech pundits were surprised last fall when there were absolutely zero Black Friday deals for the newly released XBOX One. It's been out a year now. It's had multiple price cuts and repackagings. And it's arguably the underdog against Sony's PS4.

Are we thinking there will be any Black Friday deals for the console this year? Let's keep this thread updated as we see them.
    09-24-2014 10:56 AM
    I cant see it being more then a free game or maybe a free year of XBL. I cant see the price dropping from 399/499 tho.
    09-24-2014 11:39 AM
    They literally were just giving any free game with a console purchase, including for the Madden and Forza bundles, meaning you got TWO free games. I think that they'll give you something similar, maybe with a free year of XBL Gold. You might get those super-short deals at Best Buy with it at a $50 discount or something.
    09-24-2014 08:03 PM
    Some tech pundits were surprised last fall when there were absolutely zero Black Friday deals for the newly released XBOX One. It's been out a year now. It's had multiple price cuts and repackagings. And it's arguably the underdog against Sony's PS4.

Are we thinking there will be any Black Friday deals for the console this year? Let's keep this thread updated as we see them.
    I would think, based on some numbers I have seen if you follow deal sites (after I am done with WPC for the day, I check the deal sites)there should be a little lower price but, not by a ton...wise man never pays full price for anything....

Anyway, lowest price I have seen on a Xbox One (non Kinect) is $359.99, and that was with a coupon an other things to drop it to that price. So I think you will see a black Friday deal around $330-360 BUT, it will be one of those 10 per store and no rain checks kind of deals...

If your thinking your going to get a Xbox one for $300 or less....keep dreaming unless your looking for a used one on ebay or craigslist....

If your trying to find one for cheap now, watch the sites like fatwallet or slickdeals (PM me for a referral if your going sign up), you can really find some smoking deals there on tech stuff...games and other stuff..
    09-24-2014 08:06 PM
    If your thinking your going to get a Xbox one for $300 or less....keep dreaming unless your looking for a used one on ebay or craigslist....
    AWD and Cowboom. Those are definitely the two to watch.
    DavidinCT likes this.
    09-25-2014 08:36 AM
    I'm expecting Microsoft to go all out, especially since they've just finished giving away any game ($60 or less) for free.

I'm expecting $349 or less, or a price match with the PS4.
    09-25-2014 09:00 AM
    I'm expecting Microsoft to go all out, especially since they've just finished giving away any game ($60 or less) for free.

I'm expecting $349 or less, or a price match with the PS4.
    Is there a precedent for rival consoles price matching one another in stores? I've never seen that, but that is truly how consumers win.
    09-25-2014 09:08 AM
    Is there a precedent for rival consoles price matching one another in stores? I've never seen that, but that is truly how consumers win.
    I remember when the PS2 cut its price to $199 to match the GameCube, so it does happen. Generally, when a competitor lowers its price, the others follow suit.
    09-25-2014 09:20 AM
    I remember when the PS2 cut its price to $199 to match the GameCube, so it does happen. Generally, when a competitor lowers its price, the others follow suit.
    Except how the PS3 launched at a MUCH higher price point than the 360/Wii, the 360 didn't really come down to meet the Wii, and the One needed a whole, new SKU to get to the PS4's price (neither of which has met the $250-300 price tag of the Wii U, for obvious reasons). Sony didn't follow Microsoft's lead with the game inclusion at $400 (Madden 15, FIFA 15, Sunset Overdrive), though they had the Destiny bundle come out of its own accord. At this point, it's all catching up for Microsoft, so don't expect there to be a cat-and-mouse with Sony meeting Microsoft's price cuts and such.
    09-25-2014 11:18 AM
    To be fair - I believe the Destiny bundle for the PS4 was actually more expensive than the non-Destiny bundles... so even then it isn't a fair comparison you aren't getting a 'free' game... You're getting $10.00 off.
    09-25-2014 12:37 PM
    You can get a Xbox one (non-Kinect) for $359.99 right now with cash back making it even less....I honestly don't think it's going to get much cheaper this year as the system is still new. Maybe next year when there is a rumor of a "slim" xbox one...

Microsoft Xbox One 500GB Console

and if you sign up to fatwallet (this link please ) you can get 6% cash back on it... Then when you buy anything and go to fatwallet first you can get cash back for everything you buy....
    09-29-2014 12:27 PM
    Consoles are just not items that go on sale for Black Friday. Really black friday deals are not that good anymore anyway. There is always a few items that get a pretty hefty discount, or at least advertised as one. Laptop's that get marked up 100$ the week before black friday so they can bring it down $20 below the average sale price it's gotten all year and claim that it's $300 off. I worked retail for 4 years and when you're the one changing the price tag's you realize what a good deal is, and what products they actually discount. Look at even the 360 and PS3 deals the past 3 years, none of them have been ZOMG amazing. The only good deal is the $100 4GB 360 they usually have like 10-20 per store and that's it. You might see that deal drop to $80 this year.

again i cant see more then $50 off + a free game (probably a launch title, maybe the GOTY one), or some in store credit/gift card. I hope to see some good software sales tho. AC:Unity for $40 or less and I'm sold.
    09-29-2014 03:15 PM
    Consoles are just not items that go on sale for Black Friday. Really black friday deals are not that good anymore anyway. There is always a few items that get a pretty hefty discount, or at least advertised as one. Laptop's that get marked up 100$ the week before black friday so they can bring it down $20 below the average sale price it's gotten all year and claim that it's $300 off. I worked retail for 4 years and when you're the one changing the price tag's you realize what a good deal is, and what products they actually discount. Look at even the 360 and PS3 deals the past 3 years, none of them have been ZOMG amazing. The only good deal is the $100 4GB 360 they usually have like 10-20 per store and that's it. You might see that deal drop to $80 this year.

again i cant see more then $50 off + a free game (probably a launch title, maybe the GOTY one), or some in store credit/gift card. I hope to see some good software sales tho. AC:Unity for $40 or less and I'm sold.
    Yea, exactly. I could not see it go under $350, and if you see the details I gave above, $359.99- $21.60 (6% cash back)=$338.40 (about) and I would bet money that you wont see a Xbox one going for cheaper than that anytime in the next 6 months, if not longer...

And if you see that SMOKING Black Friday deal that is almost unbelievable...there is only 3 of them with no rain checks...and employee's friends end up with them...
    09-29-2014 04:51 PM