Can 2 Xboxes use 1 account?

dukrem

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm considering getting a second xbox for the media room. Has anyone tried using 2 Xboxes in the one house to log in to the same account and have one playing a game and the other a movie purchased from xbox video for example?

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I feel no. I once accidently logged into my friends account (damn alphabetic order) on my home console and he got signed out back at his place (we talked about it on facebook when it happened), so I would think you get signed out of other Xbox One's if you log in to a new one.

I have heard of two friends setting each other's console's as home consoles, though. So I guess you could partially do this with two different accounts and kinda crossing the home consoles. Then basically both consoles could play any games, but I don't know if Xbox Video is smart enough to allow the console owner's videos to be watched.

So basically if you have a console in the living room and bed room, you could do:

Living Room: Logged in as secondary account, but primary account has set living room console as home console. This way anyone using the living room console gets access to all the games owned digitally by the primary account. Also Gold-account is shared to all users. Xbox Video/Music might share this logic, but I havnt heard about it or ever tried myself, so I cant confirm.

Bed room: Signed in with the primary account, this way you can play all games owned by primary account and watch Xbox Videos and other owned content most certainly.

That was just an example, it's not ideal but if you find yourself mostly just watching things in the bed room or mostly just watching in the living room, you could switch the arrangements around. You will be able to play anything on either console, but I think the Xbox videos will be limited to where primary account is signed in.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I dont think you can use them simultaneously. Once one signs in, the other will sign out. At least that's how 360 works.

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Nope, an account can only be online on one console at a time. So if you want to play a game on one console, and watch a movie from Xbox video using the same account, it can either be:

- The account can be online on one console playing a game, while Xbox video content is accessed from another device (eg. Laptop, phone) hooked up to the other display.

Or

- The account is set on another console with Home Xbox with all the games purchased from that account while it's played by another Xbox account, and you're primary Xbox account streaming Xbox video on your primary console. My home Xbox doesn't need the account associated with the console to be online for others to play your games, so this way you can game share on another console. But home Xbox only shares games and Xbox Live Gold membership.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium