Good News for AC: Unity Fans

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
In what could be considered a minor miracle, Ubisoft has released the AC: Unity companion app for Windows Phone (as well as iOS and Android, of course)! I know a lot of people are playing Halo today, but for those of you like me, this is pretty good news!

Download it here: Assassin's Creed Unity? Companion | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

I only wish they released it for Windows 8.1 as well, but I'll take what I can get. :)

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm busy with Halo and ACIV: Black Flag right now (never finished it from last year).

Though, I think my brother is going to get me ACU because he wants to play with me in their co-op ;)

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm busy with Halo and ACIV: Black Flag right now (never finished it from last year).

Though, I think my brother is going to get me ACU because he wants to play with me in their co-op ;)

I've never been much of a Halo fan, but I'll probably pick up TMCC eventually. I've been a fan of AC since the first game though. Unity seems pretty cool so far!

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I never played IV when it came out simply because I think I was "AC'ed out" at that point. But, Unity seems really cool.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I too havent played BF yet. I almost picked up both games digitally for $39.99 from ebay yesterday, but i figured i would get it for X-mas this year.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
No idea, but apparently every review is thrashing the game, pointing out how buggy it is. Even worse, the review embargo was allegedly made to be 12 hours after the game launched, so buyers wouldn't see how buggy it was from review sites before purchase. That's horrid.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I've read about the bugs, but I haven't experienced anything major myself. I'm not too far along yet, though. My biggest problem so far has been connecting the companion app to the game, but I think that's due to Uplay being down. Also, they seem to have embraced the freemium model...in a game that people paid $60 for. You can upgrade your weapons and gear with in-game currency, but you can do it even faster by using real world currency! THANKS GUYS.

That thing about the review embargo is pretty sketchy...really sketchy. If it's as bad as everyone says, then how on Earth did it pass through testing? If it's not up to snuff, then push it back! It beats having to release a broken game on the same day as a major Halo release. Why would they rush just to go head-to-head with that, knowing that there were problems?

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Oh, I also want to mention that the load times are HORRENDOUS. It really breaks the flow of the game when there's 60+ seconds of black loading screen between EVERY action.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
That thing about the review embargo is pretty sketchy...really sketchy. If it's as bad as everyone says, then how on Earth did it pass through testing? If it's not up to snuff, then push it back! It beats having to release a broken game on the same day as a major Halo release. Why would they rush just to go head-to-head with that, knowing that there were problems?

It's an annual franchise. Pushing it back would mean missing the holiday sales chance for the entre run of the game, since the next one would be out the following year. It's probably easier for them to eat a bad launch, try to patch, and have the next game be better, if possible.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
They say it every year. And every year I get an new version of AC and fully enjoy it. I love AC series.

I agree normally, but I wasn't crazy about Unity personally. The reason I like the AC series so much is because of the story, but Unity's story was lacking. I've heard good things about Rogue though, so I'll try to pick that up next and hope that next year's X1 release is better.

JohnSzasz

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
halo is also a good game and most of the people likes it. What about the AC? What is new in this? What type of game is this? Is it available on Android and iOS also?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes