How many hours a day is your Xbox One active?

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up an Xbox One (with Kinect!). I was able to connect it with my Bell Fibe TV service just fine and have had no problems thus far (except for a period where it won't show my games library - had to unplug it).

Just a question. How many hours is your Xbox One active? I'm asking because my device - when my family is watching TV - is active for around 7 hours a day, on average. I hope Microsoft designed this thing to endure such usage, though if it's only TV I don't imagine the system is being stressed all that much. Moreover, the big design (and seemingly ample ventilation space) should help. In truth this isn't too far off from a PC (architecture and OS wise), but will it stack up to such extensive use? I only had my Xbox 360 on for gaming back in the day.

Also, why the heck does Microsoft not have a way to stream Xbox One games from the console to some other device? When my family is watching TV, I can't play games. Why hasn't Microsoft worked on a solution identical to PS4 streaming when the Xbox One by its nature actually demands it? I'd be willing to pay $100+ for such a secondary device (though I'd much rather have it work directly on my PC or tablet).

My gamertag: JanissaryKhan

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
They claim it can run for 10 years without turning off. With that being said, I have a habit of falling asleep while watching tv so it remains on every night, this is after playing for several hours. Never even gets warm.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
It really depends on the day, but can be anywhere between few hours to 16 hours. I turn it off every night and most of the time when I leave the house, but apart from that I dont really stress about turning it on, so sometimes it's on all day except for the night.

It doesn't get warm at all, so I'm not worried. They overkilled it with ventilation. I'm more worried for my TV if anything :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6