#LIZARDSQUAD strikes again! Xbox Live goes down for a short period of time

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
AH, again, Maybe Microsoft will take care of members who tried to log in at this time. I remember a few years (?) ago there was one where it was out for a while, MS gave everyone a code for a free month of Xbox live if I remember correctly.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't buy it. Lizard Squad is known for, after the fact, trying to take credit for things they didn't do. I see them claiming responsibility as a canard--a pathetic attempt at recognition--and it's been frustrating that so many online publications have simply reported this unsubstantiated claim as fact. It's as though anyone can set up an anonymous Twitter account and take credit for anything they want and journalists will jump to break a story rather than fact check.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't buy it. Lizard Squad is known for, after the fact, trying to take credit for things they didn't do. I see them claiming responsibility as a canard--a pathetic attempt at recognition--and it's been frustrating that so many online publications have simply reported this unsubstantiated claim as fact. It's as though anyone can set up an anonymous Twitter account and take credit for anything they want and journalists will jump to break a story rather than fact check.

To be fair, 3 weeks ago they tweeted that "Microsoft will receive a gift from us soon"

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
To be fair, 3 weeks ago they tweeted that "Microsoft will receive a gift from us soon"

I'm skeptical of someone providing a vague prediction that will eventually come true on its own anyway (Xbox Live is the best online gaming network there is, but it does go down now and then).

That said, I see that this time they have threatened a specific day for their next attack: Christmas. If XBL goes down that day, my skepticism will fade away. I was never really denying that they did it--maybe they did, maybe they didn't--but more so voicing my frustration with contemporary journalism, where journalists will publish anything without substantiating it first.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure XBL has issues on every Christmas.

Interesting. If that is the case, then that leads more credence to my skepticism, as they may be trying to preemptively take credit for an outage on a day they already know is likely to experience an outage (due to high network traffic because everyone is home from work on Christmas, for instance).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720