Can I get an XBox One TV Tuner from Europe and use it in the States?

Ken296

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
XB One TV Tuner

Has anything thought about sourcing a TV tuner from Europe and using it in the states? I'm mostly interested in the live stream TV to smart glass. Why can't I use a converter and plug the thing in?

I know it plugs into the usb port on the xbone - is there a stateside element to the us version of xbone that blocks it from being used? Has anyone tried it?

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: XB One TV Tuner

I don't believe it will work in the US....

Edit, found a better explanation...
"The ability to stream TV content to mobile devices depends on a number of factors related to licensing. This feature is launching first in the UFIGS markets, where the Xbox Digital TV Tuner will receive free OTA television. We are looking at how we can bring this to additional markets in the future."

In other words, this rather exciting new feature for the Xbox One won't be released in the US until a ton of licensing deals can be signed with the various cable and satellite TV providers. How do you feel about the US and most other countries being kept out of the loop for mobile TV streaming via the Xbox One for a while?

Source: http://www.windowscentral.com/us-xbox-one-owners-wont-get-mobile-streaming-tv-feature-near-future

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs