Audio Receiver problems without HDMI please help

jrodd09

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone. I just purchased an xbox one and so far ecstatic. I am having audio problems when using my receiver to the xbox one. When using One Guide and TV the audio plays through my system however it won't when I am playing games. Below is my set up and gear. Hoping someone can help me out.

Gear:
Xbox One
Bose 3-2-1 GS Series II DVD system is my receiver. It does not have HDMI so I am using an optical cable.
Rogers Netbox 3.0 using HDMI

I used the xbox trouble shooting website and configuration:
Audio receiver with optical or sound bar

This is a slightly more complicated configuration that may require cables other than HDMI cables. This option provides full surround sound from your television set-top box. It?s best for older A/V receivers that either don?t have an HDMI port or don?t support audio over HDMI.

Connect your set-top box HDMI output to the Xbox One HDMI input.
Connect the Xbox One HDMI output to the HDMI input on your television.
Connect the audio output from the television to the audio input on the sound bar using either HDMI or Optical S/PDIF cables.

So do I need to change any settings or why would only the TV play through my bose but not any games or xbox music etc?

Thank you in advance for reading and helping me out.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I have a sound bar that uses Optical audio.

All I've done is connect the optical audio cable from the sound bar into the XBOX One. Works perfectly for games and TV.

jrodd09

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Which settings do you have for audio in the settings menu? I wonder why only the TV audio is working through my speakers and games are only running through my TV speakers.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Which settings do you have for audio in the settings menu? I wonder why only the TV audio is working through my speakers and games are only running through my TV speakers.

If you have your cable box plugged into the xbox one's HDMI input, and your xbox hdmi output plugged into the TV's hdmi input, then just directly connect your speakers to your xbox one through the optical audio cable and port on the XBOX One.

Then, on your TV make sure you turn off your internal speakers... so you don't get that weird 'echo' effect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster