Digital Tv Tuner in USA

jacob103

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Would the digital Tv tuner work in the USA on cable without cable box? I want one for my Xbox to use when I'm at my dorm. No cable box there.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
It's pretty neat that the Xbox One picks up network tuners (HD Homerun). All they need to do is integrate them into the OneGuide and they would have a great system. I would buy a couple of HD Homerun tuners if they did that. Also, if they dressed up the Media Player app to be more like Plex or XBMC with background art, descriptions, etc., I would never have to open up WMC except to schedule a recording.

In fact, with universal apps, there's nothing stopping the community (XBMC, Media Portal, Plex, etc.) from writing the apps themselves. All the tech is right there largely unused.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
It's pretty neat that the Xbox One picks up network tuners (HD Homerun). All they need to do is integrate them into the OneGuide and they would have a great system. I would buy a couple of HD Homerun tuners if they did that. Also, if they dressed up the Media Player app to be more like Plex or XBMC with background art, descriptions, etc., I would never have to open up WMC except to schedule a recording.

In fact, with universal apps, there's nothing stopping the community (XBMC, Media Portal, Plex, etc.) from writing the apps themselves. All the tech is right there largely unused.

Xbox one picks up a HDhomerun network tuner ? Anything special that needs to be done to find it ? Is this the OTA/QAM tuner or cablecard model ?

I used a HDhomerun for a long time (still have it) but, Comcast killed off clear QAM in my area, so I get nothing on it any more. Maybe I should plug it back in (it's been over a year) and maybe I'll get lucky on a few channels.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Xbox one picks up a HDhomerun network tuner ? Anything special that needs to be done to find it ? Is this the OTA/QAM tuner or cablecard model ?

I used a HDhomerun for a long time (still have it) but, Comcast killed off clear QAM in my area, so I get nothing on it any more. Maybe I should plug it back in (it's been over a year) and maybe I'll get lucky on a few channels.

The Xbox One picks up the HDHomerun as a DLNA server in the media app. Here's a video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nccCMOwBkqQ

It isn't really useful unless they can integrate it into the OneGuide though.

Goosinurwife

Banned
Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
ya and if u have timewarnercable they have these digital tuners that work with the xbox same as the tuner they sell un europppes they work with the guide to but no hd channels cuz twc wants u to pay for a real cable box for that

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
The Xbox One picks up the HDHomerun as a DLNA server in the media app. Here's a video:

It isn't really useful unless they can integrate it into the OneGuide though.

Yea, your right, pretty worthless unless you don't have a device to watch TV on....My Home theater PC is connected to the same HDMI switch, so it's one click of a remote to change over.

If it was added to one guide, it would be nice with people with the need. All MS needs to do is support it in drivers and it should work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte