Is there a bluetooth media remote for xbox one?

parez81

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
So i have a put my xbox behind the wall behind the tv. And also my roku. I dont have cable tv right now so thats not a problem. I am looking for a bluetooth media remote control. Is there anything out there?

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Nope, and there never will be. XBOX One doesn't use Bluetooth at all.

At the moment you can still use your XBOX One controller to control your system - which will do all that a remote would do. It isn't as convenient. But, doable. The other option is getting IR repeaters to use with the current media remote.

But, no - the XBOX One cannot sync with Bluetooth devices because it doesn't have Bluetooth support.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I use the Logitech harmony smart control with the simple remote. It uses IR rather than Bluetooth, but you can put it next to your Xbox One and it will receive the signal and relay it to the Xbox One. You can also use a smartphone (iPhone or Android) as a remote also. It's pretty awesome.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Note - I believe if you use your smart phone - you NEED a Kinect in order for it to work - since the Kinect sends out the IR signal that changes the channel on your cable/sat box...

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The Xbox One has an IR extension port (3.5mm) in the back and you can plug in any IR blaster. I don't think you really need the Kinect. You won't be able to use voice commands though.

several potatos

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
The Kinect is great enough to deserve purchase. It automatically signs all my friends into their accounts ( I made them accounts on my Xbox to make things easier) by facial recognition. It will also probably be necessary for Cortana integration in the future

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans